Late as usual but for SAFD - Best Memories.

There are so many great ones but the one I will never forget is the look on both my daughters faces when they met a "real" princess for the 1st time. The joy, happiness and amazement was incredible, I'll never forget it.

For Run Disney, I only have the 2018 Goofy under my belt but running down Main Street USA and seeing the Castle lit up was truly awesome! I never thought I would do another marathon but those kind of experiences have me ready to sign up for Dopey next year.

On a side note, I have read many comments about TA's for booking hotels and have seen many opinions. Are there specific ones that are known to be good, reliable options? I am sure there is not a consensus "best" but a few options would be great :).

There are so many great ones but the one I will never forget is the look on both my daughters faces when they met a "real" princess for the 1st time. The joy, happiness and amazement was incredible, I'll never forget it.

For Run Disney, I only have the 2018 Goofy under my belt but running down Main Street USA and seeing the Castle lit up was truly awesome! I never thought I would do another marathon but those kind of experiences have me ready to sign up for Dopey next year.

On a side note, I have read many comments about TA's for booking hotels and have seen many opinions. Are there specific ones that are known to be good, reliable options? I am sure there is not a consensus "best" but a few options would be great :).

I use Mouse Fan Travel/MEI. They only do rooms and from what I can tell have pretty good rates. Never had any problems with them at all.

There are tons out there. runDisney has a set list of TAs they partner with for bibs but you can also book room only through them most of the time. The Disboards is sponsored by a major travel agency itself. There are other travel agencies that have room blocks for marathon weekend as well. Now if you don't use someone with a room block you do have to wait until Disney releases its 2019 dates this summer. Otherwise you can call Disney and book a room only reservation right now on your own.

There are tons out there. runDisney has a set list of TAs they partner with for bibs but you can also book room only through them most of the time. The Disboards is sponsored by a major travel agency itself. There are other travel agencies that have room blocks for marathon weekend as well. Now if you don't use someone with a room block you do have to wait until Disney releases its 2019 dates this summer. Otherwise you can call Disney and book a room only reservation right now on your own.

Thank you! As a follow up have you seen much a difference in price booking direct with Disney compared to using a TA? I know these are simple questions, I am a heavy traveler but have never really used a TA so it's all new to me so thank you for the help.

Thank you! As a follow up have you seen much a difference in price booking direct with Disney compared to using a TA? I know these are simple questions, I am a heavy traveler but have never really used a TA so it's all new to me so thank you for the help.
Unless a TA has a room block there is no pricing difference between Disney and using a TA. Rooms blocks usually include discounted rooms.

If you want to PM me, I’m happy to give you the prices I know of and you can compare.

@Dis5150:

giphy-downsized.gif

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

I've been feeling a bit nostalgic this weekend, so for this edition of Sundays are for Disney, give me some of your best Walt Disney World and runDisney memories. No limit on how many memories or how many times you post, we need something to sustain us for the next six weeks until registration details are announced.

A few of mine:
- The 2017 marathon, especially running down Main Street, USA and seeing my wife and daughter at the finish line.
- My first trip with my wife and two oldest daughters in 2012, especially when they referred to Mickey's Philharmagic as "fill up on magic." But also just introducing them to Disney World.
- Kicking off our 2014 trip with dinner at Ohana (first time), which was punctuated with Wishes!
- Seeing my youngest daughter meet Anna and Elsa.
- Watching IllumiNations for the first time; the day of the marathon, no less.
- The looks on my girls' faces when we did the Princess Fairy Tale Breakfast to kick off our first trip and they saw all the princesses up close.
- "Quiet" nights in Magic Kingdom after the fireworks - no waits on rides and great photo opps.

I'm sure I'll think of more as the week goes on...looking forward to reading all of yours! Have a good week, gang.

Let’s see ...

- Easter Parade 1997. It was my first televised Easter parade performance in a featured face role and I was on TV for a solid 90 seconds (this was back when the parade was live and not pre-taped). All of my family back in Texas had never seen me perform at Disney and it was cool that they all got to see me on TV.

- In April 2010, I was a “Dream Ticket” winner of the day at the American Idol Experience at DHS. Of course, I was out of the age range for eligibility by less than a week (I was in town for my birthday). It was my third time trying and the first time I made it to the Final Show of the day. Bonus points to anyone who guesses my winning song ...

- Performing six days a week in the Remember the Magic Parade and then SpectroMagic were the highlights of my life. Opening MSEP again at MK in 1999 was amazing ... I still have my Opening Day cast jacket. After I left Disney for jobs in the real world, and moved away from Orlando, it was always real hard for me to go back to see Spectro - I’d always get real sad. Now that it’s gone for forever, I wish I’d seen it more. I can still do a flawless, full-out butterfly routine though.

- As for running, obviously finishing my first marathon in 2016 (and my first Dopey) with my bestie by my side all the way. It was also the only race my Dad saw me finish. Needless to say, running past those bleachers this past weekend was definitely bittersweet for me. Not real sure how I’ll feel come January ...

- DATW. It’s always fun, but it was pretty dang epic this past January - so much fun with the crazy crew of DISers. I can’t wait to do it all again next year! #ThankYouPhoenicians

Anyway. Those are some random thoughts off the top of my head ... I’m sure I’ll have more from my time working there, if anyone is remotely interested.

I can still do a flawless, full-out butterfly routine though
I'd like to see that!
- As for running, obviously finishing my first marathon in 2016 (and my first Dopey) with my bestie by my side all the way. It was also the only race my Dad saw me finish. Needless to say, running past those bleachers this past weekend was definitely bittersweet for me. Not real sure how I’ll feel come January ...
:hug:

I also used MEI Travel/MouseFan travel for Marathon Weekend this past winter. We had a major storm in Boston preventing us from getting to Orlando, and MEI travel refunded everything - park tickets, resort reservations, everything. Didn't cost me a nickel. Doesn't get any better than that.

I’m staying there in November for Wine and Dine. I do like it but am interested to try CBR too. Some of the dining and main area construction should be done by then too.

Late to this discussion (pretend to be surprised!)...

I've stayed at CBR twice this year and enjoyed it - but I like seeing the construction progress so I may be an anomaly. And as you said, the main building is supposed to be open this summer so that should make it better than the current tent restaurant and food truck options. Also, there is a new counter service restaurant near the Trinidad pool that was very good.

I am very shy, but I went to the Star Wars meet up and had a great time. Everyone was very very nice.

I'm typically a shy person as well, but for me a drink or two reduces that. Saturday, however, as the bartenders seemed to be making the drinks stronger as the meet up progressed, I may have texted @DreamRunner1 that I was unlikely to remember our Spice Road Table dinner that night. In reality I remember being there but not quite sure what I had to eat.

But I digress... The meet up was so much fun.

I’m in the minority. I dislike POP and like CBR.

As for the meet up. Don’t be like me and wear your dinner clothes cuz you are being too lazy to change. I was way overdressed even though I threw my wet hair back in a bun and wore flip flops with my dress.

You were not overdressed, you looked great.

SAFD:

Like others, there are many. Taking countless trips with family was always fun, but one of the best was introducing my other half to Disney and having him embrace it and enjoy all things Disney as much as I do. Joining DVC was a major milestone. Visiting pandora and riding FoP for the first time was beyond words - I believe it displays the things Disney is capable of doing. The fireworks shows always hit me too, especially Illuminations.

For runDsiney, I've only run three marathons and all of them have been at Disney. Hitting all four parks in one run is indescribable. But my favorite one was the second - I felt I had trained well and ran my race, plus it was my first Dopey.

I'm typically a shy person as well, but for me a drink or two reduces that. Saturday, however, as the bartenders seemed to be making the drinks stronger as the meet up progressed, I may have texted @DreamRunner1 that I was unlikely to remember our Spice Road Table dinner that night. In reality I remember being there but not quite sure what I had to eat.

That's ANOTHER reason why I keep going back to Hurricane Hannah's for meet-ups ... my gals behind the bar really know how to keep the party going with their cocktails! :rotfl2:

So where was the Star Wars meet-up?

I was chilling at Nomad Lounge around lunchtime and thought I saw a group of runners having a post-race drink, but I wasn't sure if it was this bunch or not, and I didn't want to wander up to the group and say "Ummm, I'm a llama....errr.....run.....errr.....race.....out."

I was chilling at Nomad Lounge around lunchtime and thought I saw a group of runners having a post-race drink, but I wasn't sure if it was this bunch or not, and I didn't want to wander up to the group and say "Ummm, I'm a llama....errr.....run.....errr.....race.....out."

The official meet up was 2pm Saturday at Beach Club’s pool bar Hurricane Hannah’s.

I’m not sure about Nomad Lounge.

The official meet up was 2pm Saturday at Beach Club’s pool bar Hurricane Hannah’s.

I’m not sure about Nomad Lounge.

Whew. Thank goodness I didn't make a fool of myself, then.*

*Moreso than I usually do.

I think that was the #notTRD meetup from Facebook. They usually do their meets at Nomad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter