Good evening, runDisney all-stars!

I'm coming at you a little early this weekend since I have to get up SUPER early tomorrow and go run some dang race. I'm sure it's Sunday somewhere in the world, so on with the show...

This week's Sundays are for Disney question is what are your bucket list races? Assume you could qualify, get picked in the lottery, etc. If you could run ANY race, which would you choose?

Aside from Dopey (which I told my parents about tonight and they looked at me like I was crazy), my bucket list races are the Chicago, New York, Las Vegas and Marine Corps (Washington, D.C.) marathons. I'm pretty sure the National Parks have a half marathon series, too. Doing a half in a National Park would be pretty great.

Have a good week, everyone!

This week's Sundays are for Disney question is what are your bucket list races? Assume you could qualify, get picked in the lottery, etc. If you could run ANY race, which would you choose?
Boston, Chicago, New York. I don’t have a large ambition to do races overseas but that would be nice too. I’d also like to do marine corps someday too.

SAFD: (the abbreviation works on Saturdays too!)
The only two specific races that are on my bucket list are RnR Vegas and Jerusalem Half Marathon.

Other than that, there are definitely places where I'd like to run a race, but I don't have a specific race in mind ... Disneyland (okay, there I want to run all the races), Philly, Baltimore, Boston, maybe Chicago.

I really need to keep up better over here.

My favorite memories are seeing my kiddos experience Disney for the first time. And in January, even though the kiddos are getting older and too cool for characters, seeing my youngest open up with the characters was really fun to see. As for run Disney, January was my first and I loved it all. Epcot, Main Street, characters, running with my brother, my whole family at the finish line for my first half marathon. Can't wait to run my first marathon this year!

I'm pretty shy too so I'm in for the meet up and everyone being on their phones.

I don't really have any bucket list races. I'm still pretty new to running so I would say Disney and it being my first marathon ever.

SAFD: Boston and London are my top picks. History for the former and I love the latter. Berlin and Paris would be my 2nd tier of choices.

Bucket List - Boston, then I guess Chicago & New York, it's not something I've put much thought into I guess.
I don't have much desire to run overseas, Disneyland Paris would be way cool, since the whole plane ride just would wreck me I'm sure.

Last edited:

Bucket list: Hmmmm. I think an overseas race would be good. Berlin, London, Medoc (if I decided to keep running marathons). Beyond that distance, I would need to think more. I'm trying to transition from "competitive" racer to "recreational" racer, so finding a race in a new travel destination would be good.

I'm pretty sure the National Parks have a half marathon series, too. Doing a half in a National Park would be pretty great.

There is a series, but they run outside of the parks. I know people who have done one or two.

The only thing left on my bucket list is Dopey. Hoping 2019 is the year! I've already done NY and Marine Corps and I don't really have any interest in other marathons anymore. After Dopey I'll probably start setting time goals.

Is it okay if it's an already completed bucket list item? My one and only marathon was the 2010 Disney Marathon [I guess that makes it an ice bucket list item]. I'm back to my happy self :D with running 1/2 marathons or lesser.....:tiptoe:

Hope you had a great race today!

Bucket List races- other than Dopey
Less about distance goals more about the locations
  • Castaway Cay 5K (coming in June!)
  • All the new Disneyland Races- 2020/2021- fingers crossed!
  • Great Wall Half- accidentally promised my daughter we would do this together (ugh!)
  • Disney Hong Kong races
  • Cocoa Beach Half- love the Jeanie bottle!
  • Rock N Roll Vegas- half at night on the strip
  • Cherry Blossom 10 miler -DC
  • Monument Ave 10K- Richmond Va
  • Flying Pirate Half & First Flight 5K- OBX North Carolina
The last three are places where I have lived before and thus being able to go back for a race would be extra special.

SAFD: Dopey is on my immediate list. I really want to do the Peachtree one day (that was the first non-professional race I recall hearing about), plus the Crescent City Classic. For fulls, NY and maybe Chicago. And of course Boston, but I need to keep running my pace for the next few decades to qualify.

I did the Rnr Vegas half a few years back, and I was majorly disappointed. Maybe it’s improved since, but it remains my least favorite half (other than ones affected by weather).

SAFD: Bucket list would be to race all the races in Dopey. I was sick for the marathon and want a do over. And someday hope to have the ability to actually race each race instead of having to take them easy to prepare for the marathon. :)

SAFD: WDW Marathon!! That's my #1.
I am also interested in the Silo District Half, several of the rNr races, and Bolder Boulder. Nike used to host women's half marathons (in San Fran and DC I think) where the finishers got Tiffany necklaces and I really wish I would have done one of those!

Last edited:

I was lucky to scratch off my initial bucket list race of completing Dopey. I had always wanted to do that and ran it this year and will never forget the awesome (but cold) experience. After completing that I thought maybe I'd do another marathon someday. Back in March with my wife's encouragement and convincing, I entered into a lottery through the adoption agency that we built our family through for 1 of 10 entries into this years NYC Marathon. I was shocked, excited, nervous and every other emotion when I found out I was one of the 10 people that were chosen to run this year! So, I guess my next bucket list of running another marathon is becoming a reality, I just didn't think it would the NYC Marathon! After NYC, I'm not sure what my bucket list race would be, I always thought it would be cool to run down the Las Vegas strip for one of the Rock n Roll races.

I was lucky to scratch off my initial bucket list race of completing Dopey. I had always wanted to do that and ran it this year and will never forget the awesome (but cold) experience. After completing that I thought maybe I'd do another marathon someday. Back in March with my wife's encouragement and convincing, I entered into a lottery through the adoption agency that we built our family through for 1 of 10 entries into this years NYC Marathon. I was shocked, excited, nervous and every other emotion when I found out I was one of the 10 people that were chosen to run this year! So, I guess my next bucket list of running another marathon is becoming a reality, I just didn't think it would the NYC Marathon! After NYC, I'm not sure what my bucket list race would be, I always thought it would be cool to run down the Las Vegas strip for one of the Rock n Roll races.

Wow! Enjoy NYC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter