I’m in the minority. I dislike POP and like CBR.

As for the meet up. Don’t be like me and wear your dinner clothes cuz you are being too lazy to change. I was way overdressed even though I threw my wet hair back in a bun and wore flip flops with my dress.

It’s ok - I’m in the minority with you. I don’t like values. I’ve stayed in them before but I rather stay off site than a value.

Hope your dinner was good! I didn’t find you overdressed. I was underdressed for Yachtsman with my good and evil whirly balls.

Also, #FroseAllDay ...

Yup! Although today I’m drinking Strongbow Minis. My husband doesn’t want wine (lame!)

Maybe we can have a DISMeet where we all sit in the same room with our smartphones and have a conversation on the boards...

:rotfl2:I just laughed so loud I made my kids jump!
I'm terrible at small talk, but if I can, I'll stop by. I love meeting new people and I have certainly been entertained on here.

I'm so sorry. My Disboards is being glitchy. I think my post posted twice and I don't know why. I'm getting off here before I do more damage.

I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING HERE AND I LIKE IT.

BTW - did you tell @croach you'll be at his November meet-up? :drinking1

I was working on my expensive visit to La Cava for my Dining Report since Gantu is finally napping but now done! Back to responding to people then posting that.

and I totally have an outfit idea for Jan, is it too early!?

Um ... I already have my entire marathon outfit (well, the shirt is TBD, but I do have one option currently available)

Everyone is welcome! I can start making a list, and it can be first-come, first-choice ... except for Go-Go Boots Scientist. We're probably going to have to draw straws for that one. :rotfl2:

If only I was running the half...
(Although I dont think I've ever run in heels or in boots, and definitely not in boots with heels... unless we count running to catch a bus)

I am very shy, but I went to the Star Wars meet up and had a great time. Everyone was very very nice.

I am staying at the Swan in continuation of my boycott of Disney resorts due to their parking fees. I will definitely be at the meetup and DATW on Monday that starts in Mexico.
Doesn't the Swan charge for parking as well??? Just sayin'...

Doesn't the Swan charge for parking as well??? Just sayin'...

Yes they do, but they always have. I’m just tired of Disney’s nickel and diming, money grabs and continuous price increases. The parking fee put me over the edge. I just stayed at the Swan for less than $200 per night. That’s with the room rate, all taxes, resort fee and parking fee. I’ve got the same deal at Dolphin for Wine & Dine and the Swan for Marathon Weekend. I’m local so I only stay onsite for races.

I think I have settled on Goofy but of course I could change again before registration.
and the greatest mystery is when will registration open ? ...but we're Goofy too. I can't back out now as my sister-in-law is going to do the half and excited to not be alone before the start.

Um ... I already have my entire marathon outfit (well, the shirt is TBD, but I do have one option currently available)

If only I was running the half...
(Although I dont think I've ever run in heels or in boots, and definitely not in boots with heels... unless we count running to catch a bus)
I'll probably sew my outfits as an excuse for more clothes, which if I was half smart I would do when it's warm enough to test outside this summer so really early planning is good.

As for running in heels or boots, um no, but I saw all these records broke at the London marathon Sunday for crazy outfits & one was fastest in ski boots, crazy http://running.competitor.com/2018/04/news/new-guinness-world-records-at-london-marathon_170461

I just requested a quote for BC, BW or YC. Of course I have no money, lol but need to know how much I do need. The agency I requested thru has a special cheer package for Marathon weekend with very good prices (I think)!

Yes they do, but they always have. I’m just tired of Disney’s nickel and diming, money grabs and continuous price increases. The parking fee put me over the edge. I just stayed at the Swan for less than $200 per night. That’s with the room rate, all taxes, resort fee and parking fee. I’ve got the same deal at Dolphin for Wine & Dine and the Swan for Marathon Weekend. I’m local so I only stay onsite for races.

Can I ask where you found those rates? I am getting much, much higher...

I was being a little facecious :)

I agree about the parking. Why not just raise the room rates by $10-$20? (sort of like how Southwest Air doesn't "charge" for bags, but their price may be $20-$25 higher...). Thankfully, parking is part of DVC dues, so we won't feel it, however, we are about done with the dining plan...

Can I ask where you found those rates? I am getting much, much higher...
There was a Hotwire deal that was going but it was blind booking so you couldn’t specifically select the swan or dolphin but the area it was in and wouldn’t find out you officially got it until you paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter