I was being a little facecious :)

I agree about the parking. Why not just raise the room rates by $10-$20? (sort of like how Southwest Air doesn't "charge" for bags, but their price may be $20-$25 higher...). Thankfully, parking is part of DVC dues, so we won't feel it, however, we are about done with the dining plan...
but, I don't have a car to park so I'm glad they aren't raising room rates for it :) But then they rcould have just aised rates and not mention why & I wouldn't be the wiser.

I was being a little facecious :)

I agree about the parking. Why not just raise the room rates by $10-$20? (sort of like how Southwest Air doesn't "charge" for bags, but their price may be $20-$25 higher...). Thankfully, parking is part of DVC dues, so we won't feel it, however, we are about done with the dining plan...

Tables in Wonderland is the way to go! Alcohol is included and if you want a meal of appetizers, you are all set plus no forced dessert!

Can I ask where you found those rates? I am getting much, much higher...

There was a Hotwire deal that was going but it was blind booking so you couldn’t specifically select the swan or dolphin but the area it was in and wouldn’t find out you officially got it until you paid.

Yup, it was a Hotwire deal. Not sure if it’s still going on though. The folks over on the resorts board are really savvy and provided instructions to make sure you got the S&D via their blind booking.

My father is talking about coming down for the marathon. Which is very nice, but ... I wanted this to be a Sarah trip, and as much as my parents will say that I dont have to entertain them ... I'm going to feel like I have to entertain them. Which means no 4 parks on Sunday and no DATW on Monday.
Yeah ...

No Disboards group costume for the full? :(
This sounds fun! It'd be fun to be able to identify dis-friends on course!

My father is talking about coming down for the marathon. Which is very nice, but ... I wanted this to be a Sarah trip, and as much as my parents will say that I dont have to entertain them ... I'm going to feel like I have to entertain them. Which means no 4 parks on Sunday and no DATW on Monday.
Yeah ...
Oh boy... this is tricky. I feel like managing expectations early and often will be key. But also really cool to have support!

Yeah ...

Always easier said than done but explain now that you’ve already got plans in place for those days. Maybe he’s coming bc he thinks you’ll be rolling solo and this will make him feel better about not coming. Or maybe he just wants to go Disney. :)

Of course he can always come to DATW too.

Just throwing this out here — I have a small crafting business where I make custom shirts (among things). I would be willing to make shirts for DATW, team costumes, etc. Not trying to sell anything or promote my business! I’m willing to do these at cost of supplies. Just a thought.

Yeah ...
UGH. That sounds like something my parents would do and I am so over entertaining my parents on Disney trips. I say you do your best to talk them out of it haha. Good luck!!!

Yeah ...

That’s tough, but start hinting at the ground rules now for things like nutrition, rest and recovery. I’d also tell them your itinerary for your 4 parks plan. Not this is what I’m thinking, but this is what I’m doing and you are free to tag along. Just be super upbeat and really excited about it, but make it sound stressful and tiring at the same time. You also have “snack” around the world with a group of lovely like minded runners and a lunch reservation on Monday, but you can meet up with them for dinner. You have to get them second guessing themselves if it’s a good idea or not.

ETA: This art form works on parents, in laws, children and spouses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter