• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~ Luv4mylittleones ~ 12/17/07 WP/Gardenview/1900 PF/Morocco

WOW I love what you have picked out... You are going to have a beautiful wedding!!!!:goodvibes

I wnet shopping online last night and bought a few things!! I just can't control myself!! :rotfl: Here's what I got...

10 of these:
camera.jpg

20 of these:
kiss.jpg

And my very favorite...12 of these!!!
hotsauce.jpg

The ones we got are the ones that say our name XXXXXXX's Hot and Spicy, Established December 17, 2007. Joe and I are HUGE hot sauce freaks so our guests will really get a kick out of these. We're gonna put a bottle in each gift bag (the adults only). I love it!! :thumbsup2

I also picked up a few rings for my children and had them engraved to say "A Family United 12/17/07" We are going to put them on chains so that they can wear them as pendants and give them to the kids during the ceremony after we exchange our own rings. I'm really excited about this...I hope they turn out nice!

rings-kids.jpg

Joe's wedding band and my daughter's dress also came in the mail today and as soon as I get her to try it on, I'll post a pic...woohoo...everything is coming together nicely!!! :cool1:

Oh...and I forgot that I also bought my garter...it has a blue swarovski crystal heart that will be my "something blue"!!! :goodvibes

garter.jpg

Your stuff is so gorgeous Diane, you certainly have got an eye for these things. Keep them coming :thumbsup2

awe diane, I actually like your the rings together. I think they look very nice!:thumbsup2

I'm subscribing!!

Diane, so excited for you. Happy you got your date, glad to see you are well on your way to having everything you need for the December date. You will be such a gorgeous bride. Can't wait to read more.:yay:

I'm subscribing!!

Diane, so excited for you. Happy you got your date, glad to see you are well on your way to having everything you need for the December date. You will be such a gorgeous bride. Can't wait to read more.:yay:

Thank you so much! We are so excited!!

Diane-Everything looks wonderful so far! I LOVE THE HOT SAUCE IDEA.

Thanks...we LOVE our hot sauces...I think we're gonna add little tags to the bottles that say "Hope you this gives you a kick!" TEHEE...we are such dorks! :P

awe diane, I actually like your the rings together. I think they look very nice!

Well, thanks you...they are starting to grow on me! ;)

Your stuff is so gorgeous Diane, you certainly have got an eye for these things. Keep them coming

Aww...thanks Sharon...I still can't believe you are getting married the day after me...I'm so excited for us!!! :yay:

Yeah...new stuff is coming in the mail everyday...I love this!! Yesterday we got these:

CinderellaSlipperFillableFavor1.jpg

Joe's family is Italian so I wanted to incorporate a little Italian wedding tradition in our big day so we are filling the slippers with 5 Jordan almonds each with a poem that reads:

Jordan Almonds for Thee
Five sugared almonds for each guest to eat
To remind us that life is both bitter and sweet.
Five wishes for the new husband and wife --
Health, wealth, happiness, children, and a long life!

We're going to put them in favor boxes and tie them with "happily ever after" ribbon that I found at the same place!! I can't wait to see how they turn out. Also in the mail yesterday I received the disney candy bar (minis) wrappers that I ordered. They are a little smaller than I expected but they are sooooo cute! I got 60 with mickey and minnie kissing and 60 with cinderella and prince charming dancing...they have our names and wedding date on them. I'm waiting until after halloween to buy the candy in hopes that I'll get them discounted!! The halloween wrappers will come off and be replaced with mine...no one even has to know!! *big grin* :rotfl:

I have also officially booked Rev Jack Day as our officiant and Apex Media for my videography (which we were going to skip on but I couln't pass up George's great deal!). I decided not to send in my contract to Valencia salon and booked Beaute Speciale instead. Oh, and my coordinator, Juliana, finally emailed me yesterday with my planning kit! It feels like things are really rolling along now!!! If I'm not careful, I'm going to run out of things to do soon! :lmao:

Details are really starting to bog me down. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. My oldest son kindly keeps reminding me that the wedding is still 7 months away. I realize to others 7 months sounds like plenty of time, but to detail-crazy brides 7 months seems like no time at all. I really need to have the bulk of things completed by the end of summer before I go back to school. My school schedule eats up most of my time usually beginning at around 8am and ending about midnight. I'm a theatre major who, during a production, rarely sees the light of day and still has to find time to be with the children and do my homework....so the thought of having wedding plans to deal with on top of that is not at all appealing. Oh, I'm sure I mentioned this before, but the wedding is 3 days after my last final exam. So...as you can see, I really only have about 3 months to try to pull this all off. Now, that being said...I'm already starting to question every decision I've already made. I'm truly regretting the fact that I ordered my dress online without trying it on and I'm fearful that stress is going cause me to eat may way right into a potato sack, because if I continue like this, that dress will never fit anyway. I'm scared I'm going to hate the fit and color and that nothing is going to match. I petrified that we'll have no where to eat afterward because I've changed my mind a million times...and forget about flowers, cake, and music...I'll never choose!

Okay...Breathe Diane...Breathe...

Just a tiny, temporary freak out...I'm done now! :rolleyes:

Oh Diane! Don't worry too much. That's the beauty of planning in advance. 7 months fly by quickly and before you know it, its here, so don't feel bad about doing all this stuff now.

I began planning my dftw a year ago, and everyone at works asks me if I'm okay because I seem so calm. I reply "1)Disney boards 2)planning in advance!"

Go ahead and plan!!! I really beleive the stuff you've chosen (and your beautiful dress!!!) is wonderful! - and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that... Take care of your plans one week, and relax the next... If you take turns then you can enjoy the whole process.
Think positive, your going to be a beautiful bride!:hug:

keep breathing Diane, it will all fall into place - seriously!! and whenever you get a little frazzled , just look at that beautiful family of yours and smile :goodvibes

as for the dress, as I'm sure you can tell from reading many other reports here, if it's not the dress of your dreams - then you too can join the "two-dress" bridal team! :rotfl: I bought my dress on ebay and am taking it to the seamstress next Monday for a first fitting and alterations....believe me, I'm still not sure if this is the one! I'm getting married in a little over 5 months and yes, I too am frazzled over the details...

this is what I did - it may help you. I have a legal pad with the list of every little detail I need to take care of. next to each item I have a month ( or date) that it needs to be done. the list looks overwhelming at times but it works for me...especially every time I check another item off!!

so take heart Diane, have hope ...everything will come together..

and keep smiling - I LOVE your signature photos - what a GREAT family!!!

Michelle:cloud9:

More from yesterday:

DF came home from work and he brought my favorite pizza (jalepenos and onion...yummm) and a bottle of wine (we had them separately, lol) to celebrate getting the date we wanted. :hug: Then he surprised me with something else....my wedding ring! I LOVE it!!! Unfortunately I don't think it goes too well with my E-ring but I'm sure it'll grow on me because I do not want another ring...that is definitely the one for me!! :thumbsup2 Here is a pic of the two rings together (taken with my camera phone):

WR3.jpg

I am not sure from the picture if it is the whole ring that impedes the band from fitting up next to it or just the prongs from the diamonds on your e-ring. If it is just the prongs, a jeweler can notch them out to allow the wedding band to fit snuggly. I just can't tell from this angle if that is the case. Just my 2 cents worth. If you have seen mine in my thread, you will see that we have to have mine custom made (as was my e-ring) because there is no way anything will fit up against mine otherwise ! Good luck !

Keep breathing Diane...everything will work out great. You are obviously a super multi-tasker... with school, your mom responsibilities, not to mention this wedding, etc. You will be all set. And remember we are all here to constantly remind you that everything will be okay!

Don't be nervous. Like everyone said, things are going to be great. The dress you picked out looks BEAUTIFUL! I have never seen one quite like that, but it's awesome. And I love the favors that you have selected, too! :)

I think its normal to freak out a little, we all do it, in fact I think I am going through pretty much the same feeling right now. A few deeps breaths and a few bottles of wine and you will be fine lol. Remember we are all here to listen :hug:

You guys are awesome! :hug: Thank you all so much for your encouragement! I feel much better now. DF and I took the weekend off from wedding planning and hit Six Flags in Georgia for some fun! Then, first thing Mon morning my coordinator, Juliana phoned...she was soooo sweet! Juliana made me feel so comfortable with everything and offered some great suggestions. I feel so much better now that I know everything is in her hands! AHHHHH! :goodvibes

I ended up buying a new dress a couple weeks ago... it's the same as yours except I'm getting it in tea rose (pink). You're going to LOVE it. It caught my eye online, but it is so much more beautiful in person. And remember, it has a corset back so it will fit just fine ;)

I ended up buying a new dress a couple weeks ago... it's the same as yours except I'm getting it in tea rose (pink). You're going to LOVE it. It caught my eye online, but it is so much more beautiful in person. And remember, it has a corset back so it will fit just fine ;)

YAY!!! Thank you!! I'd love to see pictures of you in your dress when you get it...I bet you'll be just beautiful! I'm excited for you...your wedding is coming up so soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter