~ Luv4mylittleones ~ 12/17/07 WP/Gardenview/1900 PF/Morocco

luv4mylittleones

Running toward my dreams!
Well, I suppose since things are moving along I should go ahead and start a planning journal...if for no other reason, than to have a place to keep my sanity by keeping my thoughts straight in one place. Besides, it's my pleasure to share my beautiful journey with all the other wonderful members of this community!

Where it started:

Although I have posted this pretty recently I'll post it again here...I met DF during a show I was doing for the Broward Community College's summer children's theatre prduction of "Through the Looking Glass." I was in the show playing the part of the Red Queen as well as a few other smaller parts and DF's sister was our carpenter. he came to the set one day and I thought he was such a cute "kid" because he had looked so young (he was 24, lol). Two months later, the fall semester at school started and he was in one of my acting classes. I was 6 months pregnant at the time with my surrogate daughter and really thought nothing of a relationship. I always thought he was cute though and just as sweet as could be. He and I became really close throughout the semester and we worked on several projects/scenes together. By the time I had the baby we were hanging out a lot. He took me out for a drink one night afterward and confessed he thought that I was beautiful from the very first time he saw me on stage that summer. We continued to "hang out" for a while after that until one day I couldn't hold back anymore and we kissed. We started living together a few months later and the rest, as they say...is history..

The Engagement:

Again...this has been posted pretty recently too, but here it goes again...
I had recently had a very bad month losing both my mother and my baby in a matter of 3 weeks. I was in a very bad place in my life and had no desire to get out of bed, much less get dressed up and go out on the town. But DB refused to let me lay around and mope...he insisted that we keep the date we had been planning since before I lost our baby that previous week. I'm glad we did. I had a feeling he was going to propose so I decided I'd really get dolled up. I made DB wait in the living room until I was ready, I didn't want him to see me until I was completely ready. He obliged and waited patiently for me to get ready. About an hour later I step out of the room and his jaw hit the floor! It was the best reaction I could've hoped for. He gushed over how beautiful I looked (and he looked amazing as well!) then we hugged, kissed, and snapped some photos.

After taking a few pictures we went to the Melting Pot for dinner. It was incredibly romantic and SO had already had them set the table with a rose and champagne (we got to keep the rose and glasses!!). I was floored that he could be so thoughful!

3 courses, 2 bottles of champagne, and a baileys & coffee later, the dinner was over and we couldn't have had a more wonderful time. Unfortunately, however, he still hadn't popped the question. I was waiting on the edge of my seat all night...nothing! We left the restaurant and I suddenly got quiet. As we drove home my eyes welled with tears and I tried to fight back my dissapointment. SO kept asing me what was wrong and of course I kept saying, "Nothing." When we got home he asked me if I was going to take a shower and I said no because I had just straightened my hair. Then I laid down in the bed and really started to cry. He asked again whay I was crying and I blurted out, "why don't you want to marry me!!!???" Then I ran into the bathroom. I expected him to comfort me but he didn't. When I came out of the bedroom he wasn't even in the room. I thought I had completely blown it and got back in the bed and began to cry uncontollably. (Can we say overreaction???) Finally he came back in the room and I started yelling about how I was tired of waiting and I thought tonight was the the night and how I didn't even want him to ask anymore. (I'm such an idiot!) Then he says, "I guess I won't give you this then." And snaps a ring box shut that was sitting on my nightstand the whole time!!!! Had I not been such a selfish spoiled brat I would've seen it earlier and this mess would never have happened. His original plan was ruined when I didn't shower because he wanted to write "Will you marry me?" in the steam on the mirror and be waiting for me outside the bathroom when I got out...oops! After that we sat down and talked and just when it got to the point where I thought he might forgive me and ask....my 6year old woke up vomiting! What else was going to happen??? lol! We got him cleaned up and came back to the room. Finally, He went into a long monolgue about how much I mean to him and how he could never be with anyone else. He apologized for taking so long and admitted that he had just been nervous. He then opened the box and asked me to be his bride!!! Of course I said YES!!!!!

I made such a mess of things but I'm so grateful that he asked anyway. I've never been happier and look forward to posting lots of updates on our upcoming disney wedding!!!

rose.jpg

Rose and chamagne glasses

Ering.jpg

The Ring!

So far, we've yet to set a date. Originally we were looking at Monday May 12, 2008. However, DF has decided quicker is better and wants the date to be December 15th or 17th (I think he just wants the tax break! :rotfl2: ). I'll be calling Disney in the morning to see if this is even possible. *Fingers crossed* That being said, if we move the date up, I have some serious planning to catch up on! So far we have bought our rings and I have chosen both my wedding dress and MOH dress. After I speak to a consultant tomorrow I'll have a better idea of the time and place for our ceremony. Ultimately, our first choice is SBP on Sat, Dec 15th at 5pm with a reception flollowing in the Sonoma Room at the California Grill...wish us luck in getting what we want!!!!

Here is the gown I've ordered (Hopefully it'll fit!). The color is not as shown, but actually white with 'Wine' colored trim.

6ce28ccc-04df-47e2-a314-bccf57d3-1.jpg

6ce28ccc-04df-47e2-a314-bccf57d3ced.jpg

6ce28ccc-04df-47e2-a314-bccf57d3-2.jpg

And here is the Maid of Honor gown that I've chosen...also in 'Wine' (no gloves).

aa04e848-5fb4-4ae1-b27f-01cf5cd06ed.jpg

aa04e848-5fb4-4ae1-b27f-01cf5cd0-1.jpg

You and your fiance look great together:) I hope you get the date that you want!

Your dress is absolutely stunning Diane, you are going to be such a beautiful bride. princess:

Your dress and your bridesmaids dresses are beautiful, I'm sure they'll look great together. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get the date and time you want for your wedding! Let us know how you get on!

Your dress and your bridesmaids dresses are beautiful, I'm sure they'll look great together. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get the date and time you want for your wedding! Let us know how you get on!

Thank you so much, I will!! :thumbsup2

Diane -just subscribed to your journal. wow, I almost started tearing while I read your "proposal" experience. I am so happy it worked out (even if it didn't go exactly according to plan;) )
Your dress is so very pretty! Can't wait to see more!

Diane -just subscribed to your journal. wow, I almost started tearing while I read your "proposal" experience. I am so happy it worked out (even if it didn't go exactly according to plan;) )
Your dress is so very pretty! Can't wait to see more!

Awwww, thank you! I'll be posting some more soon. DF just got home and brought dinner and wine to celebrate our upcoming nuptials :love: so it will probably be later this evening. :)

Alrighty...so I got quite a lot done today. First I called Disney again and got them to transfer me to my consultant. Immediately I was informed that the date, time, and place that I wanted for my wedding was available!! WOOOHOOO! :woohoo: I then booked my honeymoon, called back with my confirmation number and waited for my contract to be emailed to me. Next, I contacted both Rev. Jack Day and Rev Timothy Herring, they both replied immediately stating that they were available. I've got quite a choice to make because DF and I liked them both very much. After that, I went shopping! (online of course) I bought my daughter's flowergirl dress, and ties for both of my sons' suits. I also picked out the suits and shoes they would be renting.

FlowerGirl.jpg

2264.jpg
70_2.jpg

Then my MOH (and SIL2B) called...we talked about the wedding date and the things that needed to be done. She asked about her gown and I told her that she could pick whatever she wanted as long as it matched but told her that I had found a few dresses that I liked. She agreed to check them out. This is the dress that I really want for her now...in wine of course.

6904.jpg

The rest of the day to follow soon...

OMG I can't believe it, your flower girl dress was the one I was going to get before I decided to pick all white for her. We have so many similarities to our wedding Diane :goodvibes . The rest of your stuff is so gorgeous, keep em coming.

OMG I can't believe it, your flower girl dress was the one I was going to get before I decided to pick all white for her. We have so many similarities to our wedding Diane :goodvibes . The rest of your stuff is so gorgeous, keep em coming.

Thanks! This is so exciting. That's funny about the dress, I almost got her an all white dress but when I saw this one I fell in love with it. I showed it to my daughter (who's 3) and she started to jump up and down and asked if she could dance in it! :rotfl: I guess she liked it! ;) I just hope it matches okay.

Oh wow you have gotten alot done! Everything is very nice.

Thank you, I am having so much fun with this...even if I am driving everyone around me crazy! :rotfl2:

Aw what a little cutie pie, she is going to look so gorgeous in it. She sounds like a right little girlie girl.

Thank you, I am having so much fun with this...even if I am driving everyone around me crazy! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: isn't it funny - every teensey weensie detail is important to us - truth is, half those details won't even be noticed by our guests!! no matter, us brides will know! :rotfl:

plan away!! I'm having a ball reading plus I'm getting additional idea's! love your BM dress - I'm getting married on Halloween and my MOH ( my daughter) is dressing as a witch !! in black, of course! :rotfl:

Michelle :cloud9:

Love the planning journal so far. Cant wait to hear more!

More from yesterday:

DF came home from work and he brought my favorite pizza (jalepenos and onion...yummm) and a bottle of wine (we had them separately, lol) to celebrate getting the date we wanted. :hug: Then he surprised me with something else....my wedding ring! I LOVE it!!! Unfortunately I don't think it goes too well with my E-ring but I'm sure it'll grow on me because I do not want another ring...that is definitely the one for me!! :thumbsup2 Here is a pic of the two rings together (taken with my camera phone):

WR3.jpg

After dinner Joe and I went outside where he had a cigar and we enjoyed our wine. It was so nice to sit out there together and talk about our plans for the future. Have I mentioned how much I love him???? :love:

Oh...earlier I mentioned that I booked our honeymoon but forgot to mention where we'd be staying. I made reservations for a Magic Kingdom view at GF!! WOOHOOOO! :banana: I am so excited! We'll be staying there 5 nights (so 7 nights total at disney) and then we will be heading to Savannah, Ga where we will be staying at a Bed and Breakfast on the riverfront in the historic district for 2 nights. This will have us heading home on Christmas Eve. If there is anywhere in the country that is nearly as beautiful as Disney at Christmastime, it's Savannah! We haven't picked the B&B yet but have narrowed it down to two. When we decide which one we'll be staying at I'll post a pic (you know I love my pics!).

Unfortunately I don't think it goes too well with my E-ring but I'm sure it'll grow on me because I do not want another ring...

my e-ring and my wedding ring dont match, but i'm one of those wierd ones (!) who doesn't like wearing more than one ring on each finger, so i wear my e-ring on my right hand.

my e-ring and my wedding ring dont match, but i'm one of those wierd ones (!) who doesn't like wearing more than one ring on each finger, so i wear my e-ring on my right hand.

That's actually a really good idea. :thumbsup2 I like both of my rings too much to part with them so that's definitely an option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter