~ Luv4mylittleones ~ 12/17/07 WP/Gardenview/1900 PF/Morocco

The extra bottles with the cake cutting are really expensive, there is only 8 of us so I just ordered extra non-alcoholic cider so the kids could have some. What is the normal timescale for getting your BEO in?

I think that it really just depends on how busy they are...I hear most people complain that they didn't get theirs until about a month before the wedding. I talked to Juliana months ago about trying to get mine early but with her leaving I kind of just got shuffled around for a bit. Anyway, I emailed my new planner yesterday asking when I could get it and she emailed it to me a few hours later. Again, it's not the official one but it definitely helped me get a grasp on where we were financially.

I think as long as you have a estimated price to go on at least it sets you in the right direction.

I think as long as you have a estimated price to go on at least it sets you in the right direction.

Yeah...plus I noticed that some of the details were incorrect (Like they have my kids walking my down the aisle instead of my dad) so I'm glad I got it now. I am a bit nervous, I must admit...but I'm trying to let go of my control issues, so I can just enjoy my day, lol.

I'm still totally freaked about my dress not coming so I've decided to order a "back up" dress. I'm not in love with it but it was really inexpensive and will suffice if my gown dosen't arrive. I don't like the jacket that much but it will be nice to have at the dessert party since I imagine it will be pretty chilly, if not downright cold. At any rate, it will be here next week, and that's quite a load off... So here it is:

Gown2.jpg

Oh...and I FINALLY got my initial BEO from Disney...it's over $7200 and that's without floral! I think I'm going to cut the alcohol from the dessert party but aside from that there isn't much else I can cut. Can you believe they are charging me $175 for a simple sheet cake for the groom? EEK! Oh well...it'll be worth it!

wow, what a beautiful dress Diane!!! now you see why I'm second guessing myself?????!!!

Michelle :cloud9:

Well...I guess I can write off my original dress. I can't even express how disappointed I am. I've cried and cried...but here I am, 9 weeks until my wedding and still no dress. The seller has apparently closed shop and their negative feedback is mounting. I'm out $400 and my dream dress...:guilty: I have reported them to the BBB and will also be filing fraud claims with both the police and the USPS. At the very least, it would be nice to get my money back. I just can't believe this is happening...you know...I planned my whole wedding around this gown...ugh!!!!! On the plus side though, I do like my back up gown. It came about a week ago and fits nicely. It's not "the one" but it will do...and at this point I suppose I don't have much choice, lol! Here's the gown on me:

dress3.jpg

It needs a little alteration but for the most part it fits nicely. We had to change up the tuxedos too since my dress no longer has the wine trim...*sigh*. Anyway....here's what we have:

bridalparty.jpg

The groomsmen are in wine, the dads in white, and DF in black...all the same tommy 2 botton tux with white shirt.

I've been doing a little shopping for the parents too....in addition to the gifts we already bought, I also got these this week:

For mom of groom (from me):

72f7_1.jpg

It reads:

"Your Special Son"
"Your son is such a special man
My heart is filled with pride,
That of them all he's chosen me
To be his loving bride.
I feel so very fortunate
And know that it is true,
He would not be the man he is,
If it were not for you.
This hankie is to offer thanks
For giving me your son.
You've raised a boy into a man,
A mother's job well done!
And if upon our wedding day
You shed a happy tear,
Just save it in this handkerchief
And know I hold you dear."

For father of groom (from Joe):

wedd_1964_528933971.jpg

The poem included with the Father of the Groom token reads: "Carry this token in your pocket as a reminder of your son, And know that I appreciate all that you have done. You've taught things I'll carry with me through my life, The qualities I'll need to be a good husband to my wife. Patience, kindness, honesty, the knowledge to know right from wrong. wisdom, forgiveness, unselfishness, all qualities that made me strong. You held my hand in yours as I grew into a man, But the Lord held both of us in the palm of His hand. So each time you see this token, I hope you'll think of me. Thank you Dad for being you. You're the best that you could be."

For my dad:

080b_1.jpg

We also sent in our money order for our marriage license and I've confirmed our ceremony with Rev Jack...he said he loved it...yay!! We are really moving now! Oh my....9 weeks....eek...yay...eek!!!! lol!!! :eek: :rotfl2: :goodvibes

that's horrible about your dress...i'm so sorry! i like your new dress though and i think that the jacket will come in quite handy!!!

Diane I am so sorry to hear about your original dress, lets hope this person gets whats coming to them and I hope you get your money back. On a plus note your new dress looks absolutely fantastic on you, you look stunning in it. I know its easier said that done but try to focus on what you have as it looks great and you know where I am if you need a shoulder:goodvibes :love:

Sharon, you are such a sweetie...thanks!!! It is nice to focus on other things now.

Df changed his mind on his tux colors so this is what we have now:

weddingparty3.jpg

Bethany also picked out her headpiece...she loves it! :goodvibes

725-520-05big.jpg

The new colours in DF's tux are really nice, I have to say I think I prefer the black, its very classy. Bethany's headpiece is so sweet, she is going to look like a proper little princess.

Are you feeling any better about things now?:goodvibes :goodvibes

Thanks Sharon, I like the black too...I can't wait to walk down the aisle and see him standing there! Yes. I'm feeling better about things. It can be a bit overwhelming at times, ya know? I do wish DF's family was a bit more excited, but that aside, things are moving smoothly now!! Aren't you getting excited??!!!!

Great PJ!!! Everything looks so nice!!! I really love your second dress. I understand how you feel completely about your dress issues. I had to order a different dress as well as I found out my first dress had been discontinued. Unfortunately the dress shop told me about this 1 month after the dress was supposed to have come in. I went around in circles with them for weeks asking why my dress had not come in yet. It was so frustrating! I eventually found a different dress as well that I have come to love as much (if not more)than my first dress. I'm sure that you will look beautiful in your new dress. It fits you very well!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your dress. I pray that you can at least get your money back from the horrible company that did that to you! But on another note I do love your back up dress. I think it is soooo pretty! Good luck with the rest of your planning!

Wow! I finally had a chance to read your entire PJ. You have an awesome story and some amazing items and ideas for your special day. I am so sorry about your dress, but the new one you purchased is beautiful. And I see it as a great sign that it fits you so good.

Good luck with the rest of your planning - your big day is getting much closer. I can't wait to read more.

:goodvibes

Thanks Sharon, I like the black too...I can't wait to walk down the aisle and see him standing there! Yes. I'm feeling better about things. It can be a bit overwhelming at times, ya know? I do wish DF's family was a bit more excited, but that aside, things are moving smoothly now!! Aren't you getting excited??!!!!

I know what you mean about overwhelming Diane, that's what I have been feeling like this week. My skin has totally broken out with all the stress that I am feeling right now! Hope that goes away before the wedding lol.

I am sure they will be more excited nearer the time. I am feeling like that as well, cause I have organised this all myself and no-one else has really been involved I don't feel like anyone else is taking an interest but I know at the end of the day its me and Tony that matters and to hell what anyone else thinks!!

Only 2 months to go GF lol xoxo:rotfl:

I think your new dress looks fantastic! You are going to be a really lovely bride! I like the colors you picked!

Diane, you would look fantastic in a paper bag! and Sharon, you need to stop stressing - your wedding will be absolutely lovely!! remember girls, it's YOUR day - the hell with anyone who doesn't get that!! all that matters is that wonderful man waiting at the end of your walk who wants to spend the rest of his days with you - what could be sweeter than that??!!

:grouphug:

Diane, I looked over the dress again - it's actually fabulously elegant and classy! I love how romantic it looks with the jacket off... if you want to add some "zip", think about adding a lovely pin or possibly even a sash at the waist...I've heard some people leave it as is for the ceremony and then add a splash of color in the above methods for the reception....but truly, you look stunning in it! :flower3:

Diane, I looked over the dress again - it's actually fabulously elegant and classy! I love how romantic it looks with the jacket off... if you want to add some "zip", think about adding a lovely pin or possibly even a sash at the waist...I've heard some people leave it as is for the ceremony and then add a splash of color in the above methods for the reception....but truly, you look stunning in it! :flower3:

i'm with michelle, the dress is fantastic, but you could find a fantastic pin/brooch to add to it. maybe you could get something to incorporate your wine color...just a thought!

Diane, you would look fantastic in a paper bag! and Sharon, you need to stop stressing - your wedding will be absolutely lovely!! remember girls, it's YOUR day - the hell with anyone who doesn't get that!! all that matters is that wonderful man waiting at the end of your walk who wants to spend the rest of his days with you - what could be sweeter than that??!!

:grouphug:

Thanks Mum lol. I am desperately trying not too but everyday there is someone trying my patience but I am trying to take a step back and just say 'WHATEVER' lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter