Loss of a DIS'er

I don't post that often but Amberpi always stood out with smart, thoughtful and funny posts. I'm so sad for her family. She had so much life to look forward to. May she rest in peace.

I just checked out the obit and thank God for the family’s sake There is no indication of any drama or disrespect to Amber. Just a miss use of a ******* name.I’m still shocked to see that this is even being done and I’m having a hard time believing this but I think the target is not Amber’s family but in fact people here.

I wish people had not mentioned disboards at all and had put more thought into that choice. She didn't use her real identity here but now her family and friends can come read everything she wrote because her online identity is now exposed.
She put it out there (even posted photos) and used a variation on her real name. Wouldn't surprise me if they already knew.

Very sad to hear about Amber. Its an unfortunate reminder of how fleeting life can be. There are some posters on here who's usernames I recognize instantly, and some personalities I've gotten to know over the years. I've almost created an image of what they must be like in "real life". Amber was one of those people for me.

Its touching to see the messages of condolences in this thread. Even though we only know each other through type, it has become a community all brought together by one common interest. We disagree and argue like family, but still manage to make an impact on each others' lives, no matter how small or large that might be. Love and prayers to all of you, especially Amber and her family.

Which justifies absolutely nothing. Real people are grieving a real family member. I don't know how some people sleep at night.
I don't necessarily agree with some of the stuff that's been placed on those condolences (especially the faked identities), but I don't think that any of that stuff is necessarily leading any of her friends/relatives to this forum who already didn't know she posted here.

Seeing that even the family ( who I assumed wrote the obit) knew she was a Disney fan; offering condolences as a fellow Dis'er (which BTW is a huuuge known disney community) is not too wierd IMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter