Loss of a DIS'er

No one else but me knows that I post here.
You didn't choose to include photos of yourself or your family. But the reality is that she chose to do those things as well as use a screen name that's a variation on her real name. People close to her likely already knew about her presence on DIS.

I have never deliberately posted a photo of myself or my family anywhere on the internet that I didn't consider private. But I'm just kind of paranoid that way.

I enjoyed her presence here. This is supposed to be a fun environment and she was in on it, although yeah she sometimes got a little serious. But most of what we do here is fluff and I think we all know that.

So incredibly sad :(

Her take on things was always an interesting one and I enjoyed her presence on the DIS. I'm sure she had so many more stories to tell us about her new adventures in her new phase in life that had just begun.

So very sorry to her family and friends for their loss :sad1:

:grouphug:

Seeing that even the family ( who I assumed wrote the obit) knew she was a Disney fan; offering condolences as a fellow Dis'er (which BTW is a huuuge known disney community) is not too wierd IMO

I honestly didn't even think about it, I was just trying to write something nice and how this random person would "know" her, and I guess I thought it might be known since the obit mentioned her love of Disney like you said. I guess I should have written it differently. But I don't think I can edit it now.

I don't necessarily agree with some of the stuff that's been placed on those condolences (especially the faked identities), but I don't think that any of that stuff is necessarily leading any of her friends/relatives to this forum who already didn't know she posted here.
Why would people know she posted here? Anyway, it is best to err on the side of caution.

I honestly didn't even think about it, I was just trying to write something nice and how this random person would "know" her, and I guess I thought it might be known since the obit mentioned her love of Disney like you said. I guess I should have written it differently. But I don't think I can edit it now.
Oh I would not worry about it! Trust me her family is not offended in anyway and most likely appreciate the recognition on how their daughter /wife was a part of people's lives in some way. the drama is between Dis members and a few rogue people messing with Dis folks. I have read the Obit posts and I found them all respectful.

I would have no problem when I pass if DISers came forth on an online Obit page with words of (whatever ;)) and stating they were from the DIS. My family in fact would appreciate it as they know just how much I have enjoyed being a DISer and getting to know so many members here. :love:

But that's me. This is Amber's "tribute" thread so I will not take up more time discussing my death wishes . RIP Amber. Miss you already.

.....and Floridaman999, I'm sorry someone did that. So not right. :hug:

Very sad - I didn't really know her, of course, but man...way too young. R.I.P. Amber.

Wow, someone signed her guestbook as me. That's all kinds of messed up. The games people play.

And when they signed their "real" name, they wrote "Randolph Duke." That's the name of one of the rich, snobby brothers from the movie "Trading Places." Wonder what THAT's about.

I see everyone's point that it may have been better to keep her presence on the Dis private, not knowing what she's shared about her time her (if anything). But after looking at the guestbook, hopefully her family will be touched by seeing random strangers' messages from across the country that Amber had an impact on. It might be a pleasant surprise for them during an otherwise dark time, if they weren't already familiar with her presence here.

Also, I noticed Amber's post history isn't viewable anymore by clicking on her username. While her posts still exist within each thread, they can't be accessed from one spot. Hopefully that helps preserve anything private.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter