• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looks like Contemporary DVC is still a possibility...

because part of the plans say Cont suites not CRV. ...especially with that building coming down. Looks more and more like a DVC.

some people have suggested that it could still be a Cont but with suites.

Your are right, the plans says Contemporary Suites, but if you read further they are being built BY DVC.

I will not be doing a add on at AK, as a result of this.

IMO this location at the Contemp, is WONDERFUL.

I joined DVC to be at the doorstep of the parks (own at BWV/HH).

The thought of being able to take a 5 min walk and be in MK makes me giddy.

I hope the price pt. is in line with other DVCs.

I totally agree with you. I was all set to add on at AKL until I read this. Now if they would just put a DVC Resort at the Polynesian, I would be one very happy girl... I can, however, suffer over at the Contemporary.... ;) Woo Hoo! This is such good news!

At one point in time, the folks in the know seemed to think the pt structure at the Contemp would be MUCH higher vs other resorts.

I could see how this location would somewhat warrant that, but I hope it's not true.

The Mrs. has given me strict orders that if this comes true that I am to buy it and who am I to argue with those orders :)

:banana: :dance3: :banana:
just what i needed to see to keep me from getting an itchy finger tomorrow to get up on that tapestry:rotfl:

hey you all know DVC by now - no - guarantees.

that doesn't mean we can't wish - this is the year of the million wishes....

I am a BWV girl, but could definately see an add on at the Contemporary. The trek to the MK is the one part of our vacation that is a time killer for us. AK is a trek from anywhere, and not being opened late does not inspire the same kind of late night sleepwalking that staying through Wishes does. I might try to book a stay at AKV at the 7 month window- but I will be on the phone with my guide the morning a CRV presale opens up. Here's to rumors coming true...pixiedust: for us all...

Does anyone want to take a guess as when we will "unofficially" hear from Sammie or Greenban like we did for AKV :)

Heh heh...

We're still buying at AKV....and our first add on will be at CRV.

I can't believe I'm planning add-ons already....we're not even officially DVC members yet! :rotfl2:

Ye gods...I now understand the "DVC addiction".

:)

Well I am just sitting here bored and remembered this thread. I haven't looked at it for a while because of AKV. We add on yesterday. I really wanted to be on the tapestry(SP?) thing. We can't get on the bricks so we went with that.
But anyhow, this really looks like great news. We have never stayed at the CR but with out a doubt add on here. Can someone tell me where it says it getting built by DVC.

Good work with the pics:thumbsup2

Well I am just sitting here bored and remembered this thread. I haven't looked at it for a while because of AKV. We add on yesterday. I really wanted to be on the taupersty(SP?) thing. We can't get on the bricks so we went with that.
But anyhow, this really looks like great news. We have never stayed at the CR but with out a doubt add on here. Can someone tell me where it says it getting built by DVC.

There is no official word that it will be DVC, at this time it is all rumor.

There is no official word that it will be DVC, at this time it is all rumor.

Not specifically true. The question was where it said that. It was in those papers filed with the Water Management Board on a buried page. But like Eagle Pines it could all just be spec done by Disney. Anything can happen to make it seem like a better or worse idea and the whole thing becomes just a hotel addon.

So how long before a project goes live do your sources usually talk to you Sammie?

Well I am just sitting here bored and remembered this thread. I haven't looked at it for a while because of AKV. We add on yesterday. I really wanted to be on the tapestry(SP?) thing. We can't get on the bricks so we went with that.

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/i...pplications/061106-23file2_ApplDocs_78670.pdf

It says it several times in the above document but specifically check out the map on page 10 and check out page 12.

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_contempdvc_4.htm

Images come from the same site showing the AKV architectural drawings. Supposedly these came from an architectural firm and were removed.

I make no claims as to their authenticity, just some stuff I've learned from surfing (after other off-the-net sources told me to look).

I can attest to the authenticity.......I found them on the firm's website a few months ago. They're the real deal.......:)

beattyfamily, could you please send me an application for that special "wishing" club? :goodvibes :cheer2: :cheer2:

I am a BWV girl, but could definately see an add on at the Contemporary. The trek to the MK is the one part of our vacation that is a time killer for us. AK is a trek from anywhere, and not being opened late does not inspire the same kind of late night sleepwalking that staying through Wishes does. I might try to book a stay at AKV at the 7 month window- but I will be on the phone with my guide the morning a CRV presale opens up. Here's to rumors coming true...pixiedust: for us all...

I agree 100%.

There is NOTHING like leaving your room 15 min prior to epcot opening, grabbing a pastry and a cup of coffee at the boardwalk, and strolling to epcot and finding yourself inside of epcot, just about the time you have that last swig of coffee. Same thing with the boat ride to MGM.

The thought of being able to go to MK early opening, sticking around until noon, walking back to your room, and around 8 after you have eaten dinner walking back over to MK, sounds wonderful.

I agree 100%.

There is NOTHING like leaving your room 15 min prior to epcot opening, grabbing a pastry and a cup of coffee at the boardwalk, and strolling to epcot and finding yourself inside of epcot, just about the time you have that last swig of coffee. Same thing with the boat ride to MGM.

The thought of being able to go to MK early opening, sticking around until noon, walking back to your room, and around 8 after you have eaten dinner walking back over to MK, sounds wonderful.

I agree also. The ability to be at MK for early opening with a 10 minute walk or be to Epcot with a 10-15 minute monorail ride is a huge plus. I love BWV because of its proximity to Epcot and MGM, but to have that to Epcot and MK is a great win. My favorite park is Epcot and with a new dd, for the next 10-12 years, MK is looking like our 2nd.

At one point in time some of the folks who seem to be in the know thought that if DVC were to go to the Contemp, that we would see the PTS needed to stay there be very very high, OR we would see the PT cost to buy in very high, and other resorts would not be able to book at the Contemp until a shorter time frame, like 3 mths out.

I see a situation, where they only have Studio or small one and 2 bedrooms, with kitchens like the studios. They will try to get as many units into that small space as possible. There will not be much in the way of "green space".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter