• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looks like Contemporary DVC is still a possibility...

unixadm

DIS Veteran
Biermugg had posted this in the AKV thread and I thought it deserved it's own thread:

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/i...pplications/061106-23file2_ApplDocs_78670.pdf

This was submitted on Nov 6th, 2006 and if you read on page 12 of the PDF, there is a part that says:

"The project is a proposed Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Resort that will be built at the Contemporary Hotel in Walt Disney World, Florida. More specifically, the site of the new construction is the existing north wing of the Contemporary Hotel.....This construction will be demolished to accomodate the new project."

Very interesting!

Biermugg had posted this in the AKV thread and I thought it deserved it's own thread:

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/if...Docs_78670.pdf

This was submitted on Nov 6th, 2006 and if you read on page 12 of the PDF, there is a part that says:

"The project is a proposed Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Resort that will be built at the Contemporary Hotel in Walt Disney World, Florida. More specifically, the site of the new construction is the existing north wing of the Contemporary Hotel.....This construction will be demolished to accomodate the new project."

Very interesting!

Linky no clicky for me!

Switch to Xenix!

(Seriously, the link doesn't work for me......404 error)

-Tony

many thanks...the dream lives on;)

Q: Do we know if a Water Use Permit has been filed subsequent to this document?

I've got my fingers and toes crossed!! :thumbsup2 :wizard:

I really thinks its no longer "if' but "when". Time will tell but it seem like its going to happen to me.

Interesting, they drilled down 73 feet. I'm no engineer but I can't imagine drilling that deep for modification of a three store building, unless their looking for pirate gold!!

Getting my wallet ready!!!:banana:

Interesting, they drilled down 73 feet. I'm no engineer but I can't imagine drilling that deep for modification of a three store building, unless their looking for pirate gold!!

Getting my wallet ready!!!:banana:

If you look on page 13 or 14, you'll read the proposed building is 16 stories and will pick up the same type of design as the Tower.

I've heard rumors of this before. Supposedly there's an architectural rendering floating about somewhere.

Seems like they would be drilling many holes for piles if a big building was going up.

But hey, I am no engineer (but my wife is).

I will ask her.

Seems like they would be drilling may holes for piles if a big building was going up.

But hey, I am no engineer (but my wife is).

I will ask her.

Could that be the big hole in the parking lot? I mean if this building truly is going to be this big, they can't hide it for long. And its not like the project is just going to spring up over night. I seriously doubt they can come up with a green fence big enough to cover it. :rotfl:

How far along in sales would AKV have to be, to begin work on another one?

If the rumors I've heard are true, I'd expect to see something serious leaked to us toward the end of the year when SSR sells out. Then DVC can have two resorts for sale at the same time but staggered a year or so.

Could that be the big hole in the parking lot? I mean if this building truly is going to be this big, they can't hide it for long. And its not like the project is just going to spring up over night. I seriously doubt they can come up with a green fence big enough to cover it. :rotfl:

I mean to say many holes and typed may.

I don't think one pile would do the trick.

Interesting. I still think it will happen. We were on the monorail today, anyone know why they tore up the tennis courts??

If you look on page 13 or 14, you'll read the proposed building is 16 stories and will pick up the same type of design as the Tower.

I've heard rumors of this before. Supposedly there's an architectural rendering floating about somewhere.

Would love to see the architectural rendering...

From the doc:
"The new building will be a sixteen story tower that will be generally crescent shaped. The building will be located to the northwest of the existing tower...

Support construction will include a swimming pool and deck area plus new pavements with a reconfiguration of existing pavements."

Would love to see the architectural rendering...

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_contempdvc_4.htm

Images come from the same site showing the AKV architectural drawings. Supposedly these came from an architectural firm and were removed.

I make no claims as to their authenticity, just some stuff I've learned from surfing (after other off-the-net sources told me to look).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter