• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looks like Contemporary DVC is still a possibility...

I can never get these documents to open, I think I am on some type of banned list. :lmao:

Brogan, if anyone else gets the popup ad I got on that site you linked too, ain't many guys going to even see that building. :lmao:

db_2008_DVC_Wing_art19.jpg

Brogan, if anyone else gets the popup ad I got on that site you linked too, ain't many guys going to even see that building. :lmao:

OT Alert: Dude, ever hear of a pop-up blocker?

Funniest thing I ever saw was a Disney Channel movie called Pixel Perfect. Digital girl hops into the internet, hitchhikes in a search engine (a big, belching bulldozer thing) and all of a sudden a bit of something flips into the driver's face and explodes into a cheesy salesman throwing a pitch for some garbage. Driver scrunches it up, hurls it out the window and exclaims... "I hate popups!"

OT Alert: Dude, ever hear of a pop-up blocker?

Funniest thing I ever saw was a Disney Channel movie called Pixel Perfect. Digital girl hops into the internet, hitchhikes in a search engine (a big, belching bulldozer thing) and all of a sudden a bit of something flips into the driver's face and explodes into a cheesy salesman throwing a pitch for some garbage. Driver scrunches it up, hurls it out the window and exclaims... "I hate popups!"

I have my pop-up blocker on. The ad was on the same page as the site.

Well, I don't know if its been posted here on the DVC boards yet or not but they have started the demolition of the North Wing!!! :cool1:

con_dem1.jpg

I wonder if they will build all three sections at once or one at a time?

If not all at once, construction dust/dirt will be bad for a long time, and the noise level would not be good.

If they build it all at once, they are going to presell a lot of memberships upfront. It'll be interesting how it unfolds.

I thought I read that the building may be mixed use, with DVC only being a portion of the new building.

Thanks for the pics!
As people visit, keep them coming. I can hardly wait to take a monorail ride in July and see what's "going UP" by then.

Well, I don't know if its been posted here on the DVC boards yet or not but they have started the demolition of the North Wing!!! :cool1:

con_dem1.jpg

Sorta sad in a way. The 1st time we stayed on property we stayed in one of those ground-floor rooms facing the lake with great views of electric pagent parade. Now there's a bulldozer where we slept.

Guess we'll have to add a stay at the newest building when it's done. :yay:

I wonder if they will build all three sections at once or one at a time?

3 sections - okay I don't understand - this is just one building. isn't it? or did I miss something important.

I thought I read that the building may be mixed use, with DVC only being a portion of the new building

because part of the plans say Cont suites not CRV. It may be shared. or it might not be DVC at all - this is not how I see it - especially with that building coming down. Looks more and more like a DVC.

some people have suggested that it could still be a Cont but with suites.

WDW needs some more upscale suites. the Polyn's stays sold out - I am assuming the GF does too.

but I hope, wish, that it becomes a DVC resort period. No sharing!!!

I will not be doing a add on at AK, as a result of this.

IMO this location at the Contemp, is WONDERFUL.

I joined DVC to be at the doorstep of the parks (own at BWV/HH).

The thought of being able to take a 5 min walk and be in MK makes me giddy.

I hope the price pt. is in line with other DVCs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter