Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too........ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No - you're cracking me up!:lmao:

But, honestly, I think there are people working at MK throughout the night. I don't know if you could pull this off.

As for gardengrocer, I haven't done any price comparisons with any of the local stores, but I KNOW they're a lot cheaper than buying the essentials at the hotel stores. I usually ship a box down with some items but I'm also ordering a case water from Staples. The delivery charge for that alone is @$12; so I figure why not just get it from gardengrocer; pay the same delivery charge and add a few more items like breakfast and snack foods.

It's defintely cheaper than the hotel stores and Goodings as well. It's a little more than Wal Mart and about the same as Publix. Plus you don't have to go out and waste and hour or so of your vacation time and it's delivered to your door...no lugging anything to your room. I think I will like it.

Debbie...right now you are reminding me of that kid in the Incredibles...you know the "I'm your biggest fan" guy. :lmao: Except you're Disney's Biggest Fan. (I mean that in a good and funny way, of course.) Keep the pics coming...

Hi all hope you girl's are all ok

The girls in the Alice Maze
IMAG0494-1.jpg
This one taken by my DD in the parade as she loved this float
IMAG0391-1.jpg

OMG!! I LOVE ALICE! I love this float! I want this float in my backyard!!

It's defintely cheaper than the hotel stores and Goodings as well. It's a little more than Wal Mart and about the same as Publix. Plus you don't have to go out and waste and hour or so of your vacation time and it's delivered to your door...no lugging anything to your room. I think I will like it.

Debbie...right now you are reminding me of that kid in the Incredibles...you know the "I'm your biggest fan" guy. :lmao: Except you're Disney's Biggest Fan. (I mean that in a good and funny way, of course.) Keep the pics coming...

I hear ya! I am sure I am the talk around here too...
Coo Coo Coo Coo

Remember I lost my bathroom ceiling because of a bum toilet (I said bum :rotfl2: )

Sorry, this just totally cracked me up!:rotfl2:

OK I visualize trying to stay in the Magic Kingdom over night. I try and think of hiding places like bathroom stalls or under bushes. I visualize getting souvenirs from the shops to set up camp with like towels and blankets...
I see myself sleeping on a bench facing the castle...crazy stuff like that. It works every time. I have even taken pix of the shrubs I think would make a good shelter!

Speaking of cracking up!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2: Debbie, step away from the bushes!

Don't crush the dream! There are no overnight workers!!!

No, and there are no men in white coats waiting outside your door! If it makes you feel any better, I have similar dreams (not quite to the stalking extent of yours though!!!!:rotfl2: ). I think it's just that "Calgon take me away" kind of thing.

Debbie - just remember, if they find you hiding under a bush in September, call me and I'll come bail you out! Heck, maybe I'll come hide out with you! What is it they say? A friend will bail you out of jail but a DIS bud will sit with you in jail and say, Damn that was fun! :rotfl2:

Oh, y'all I made jambalaya tonight in the crock pot!!!! So easy and so yummy, but a bit spicy (why did I add that extra dash of tabasco???). I'm back on my crock pot kick now. I would love to play your grocery game but I don't think I could swing it! I go through too much cereal, granola bars and junk like that. But it might be fun to try. Maybe if I try that and convince Jeff that I saved X amount of dollars he'll be cool with Disney in September - after all, somebody has to save Debbie! :rotfl:

OK, why do I even have that weight loss ticker up? I just need to admit to myself that I'm never gonna lose these last few pounds! I blew off my JC appt again this week. I just don't have the motivation in the summer. Too many fun things to eat (and drink!).

Hi Kara, Jillian, Tina, Laura, Tammie, Tessa...
Renee...I so hate cleaning. No one ever comes over because I NEVER feel like my house is clean! How sad is that!
Oh that is me. I cannot stand people to come over because of the house!!! I'm trying to break out of that though, but it is so hard!

I'm miserable with allergies right now - headache, sneezing, sore throat. We survived the weekend with my parents but my dad is turning into a real PITA!
!
Cammie, sorry about the weekend and the allergies. Same here! What is up this season!?!

I come around and she is covered in ice cream !
Yes, my twin, that happened to me just last week. Only it was Nicolas had a strawberry shake sitting on the table, Mia decided she wanted it. Decided it would look fun to pour it on our hard wood floor - and EVEN Better to fingerpaint a pretty picture, play pat-a-cake, and then rub it through her hair all while laughing hysterically. I wish I had taken a picture of it - funny now, but at the moment, yeah... not so much! :rotfl:

Hmmmm, does this mean I get to add a third ticker???? :yay:
NO maam! Step away from the tickers - either that or buy me a larger monitor so I'm not having to scroll over to the side and back again like I am using a typewriter! :rotfl2:

We're planning another week for May of 2010 so maybe just one or two weekend trips next year. At this rate, I'll never get a 40% off code cause they know these suckers will be there no matter what! :rotfl2:
You guys are going in May next year too - right? We need to get our trips together too so it can be 5. By the way, I vote you guys meet up on the 16th and have a Slushy in honor of my birthday :thumbsup2

[
Ok a couple of pics .. The girls in the Alice Maze
]
Love the pics!!!!

Kara - Flying is one of the things I take Clonazapem for. It's a small dose (just .5mg) but it's enough to just take the edge off. Doesn't make me sleepy at all. My doctor said it's a med she prescribes for people who need to relax a little: people who are nervous about giving presentations; taking big tests; or for me also, going to court for my divorce. I take it the morning before I fly and I'm not uptight or nervous.
Oh, I so don't fly well. I'm stopping off in the bar before we fly. I have an OTC thing that works for me... vodka! :cool1: :lmao:

Remember I lost my bathroom ceiling because of a bum toilet (I said bum :rotfl2: )
Yeah, nothing quite like letting a stranger remove your toliet to make you want to die! He had to use a screwdriver to dig the paper out. Seems someone decided to put a whole roll in there at once. Hummmm.... wonder who that could have been.....

DSC06679.jpg

Look at all the hiding places in there........
:rotfl: :lmao:

Don't crush the dream! There are no overnight workers!!!
:idea: You could just get a part time job there - and live with Kara. You could be her outdoor chef for her new kitchen! No cleaning, and she has a pool and ANYONE can use her tab at the pool! :hyper:

Well, the DOODIE is done... :rotfl2: bathroom is clean. I'm tired as crap :lmao: and I haven't even had one drink!!!!

Then again, that is mostly because I feel like CRAP. I think my allergies have gone into a sinus infection again. Just right on time for that Wed morning flight. WTH will this always becoming an issue before flying. I see my dr tomorrow afternoon. He has a 4 week old right now. I'm going to tell him that I haven't been on my own since I got pregant 5 years ago! I DON'T want to be feeling horrible on a 4 night trip away from my kids. He better fix me at all costs, because no matter how crappy he feels now, I've delt with it for 5 years!!! :rotfl: :lmao: I just may walk out of there with more than an antibiotic slip! ::yes::

Off to visit with hubby and fill him in on all the crap :stir: that has gone on since he has been away. :rotfl: :confused3 Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. It was quite the nasty, stinky job. NEVER AGAIN do I want to do that - NEVER!

OK, why do I even have that weight loss ticker up? I just need to admit to myself that I'm never gonna lose these last few pounds! I blew off my JC appt again this week. I just don't have the motivation in the summer. Too many fun things to eat (and drink!).

I think you look great! Screw it! Seriously you looked good in all your pix!

Let's play a drinking game.....everytime Renee references poop we all do a shot! You do realize you said CRAP like 3 times:rotfl2: . Of course you do! Your mind must be in the ****ter!:lmao: OMG Someone put me to bed!:rotfl:

Seriously, I hope you feel better! What is with us CIF sinus problem girls! Look at all of us!
Spooky!!!

OK so you know that nice meal I made last night? I asked Jeff to please wrap up the leftovers so that is literally all he did! He left the dirty crock pot out, all the dishes were still on the counter this morning! And he KNEW he screwed up cause he actually apologized! That just ticks me off to no end! I told him I was done cooking! ARGH!

Ally is wearing her new shoes to school today - just hope she doesn't twist her ankle or anything. But she agreed to pack her crocs for recess.

And Jeff just got a promotion!!! He was the General Sales Mgr and there was an Asst General Mgr (the GM had been fired and they promoted the office mgr who had been there 25 year to the AGM position) but they moved Jeff down here to basically run the show and not upset her, even though she was not qualified to be GM. So just last night Jeff's boss flew in and took her out to dinner to let her know that Jeff is her new boss! Yea for Jeff, but now he really gets to crack the whip. There is so much crap going on personnel wise at this place, and this chick just sat back and let it happen. She was basically in charge of the inside and Jeff was in charge of the outside (sales and salesmen) but now that he's got it all, he won't put up with it anymore. I feel bad for him though because now he gets to be bad guy.

Renee - glad everything is all cleaned up and you're back to normal.

Hi all! Hope the allergies are quieting down now. I find that if I take my Zyrtec regularly I'm not too bad, but I get such bad allergies that I actually run a fever! I had all the testing done when I was younger and they found I'm allergic to different grasses, wood dust, trees, and mold. The mold was a big problem up north because we had a basement, but down here where we're like a foot above sea level, there are no basements, so that helps out. But in the fall when the leaves drop and the mold forms, look out! The only thing that helps then is a cold cloth over my eyes, and lots of sleep. But we can't even open our windows anywhere because it gets too bad. And the pollen was really bad here this spring, too. I don't know what it was but I think it was that bad everywhere this year!

OK, now I'm off to shower and get ready for work!

I just booked my trip with Ally for Nov 14-16! We're staying at CSR for that one, just the two nights. :banana: She told me the Christmas lights will NOT be up yet. Awesome CM! I changed my ressie for Sept since we got the passes and she told me the cheapest way to do it (and we checked it out) is to buy a one day pass for each of us in order to get the FREE dining. I also priced it with NO dining and added up what we'd spend out of pocket, and she was right! AND those 2 one day passes that we get, can be used up to one year for ANYBODY! So when my Ps come down, they can use them!!!! :banana: Dontcha just love talking to cool CMs?

I just booked my trip with Ally for Nov 14-16! We're staying at CSR for that one, just the two nights. :banana: She told me the Christmas lights will NOT be up yet. Awesome CM! I changed my ressie for Sept since we got the passes and she told me the cheapest way to do it (and we checked it out) is to buy a one day pass for each of us in order to get the FREE dining. I also priced it with NO dining and added up what we'd spend out of pocket, and she was right! AND those 2 one day passes that we get, can be used up to one year for ANYBODY! So when my Ps come down, they can use them!!!! :banana: Dontcha just love talking to cool CMs?

Hate to burst your bubble, but if there's one thing I've learned is that the CMs don't always know what they are talking about. At least, in this case, regarding the Christmas lights. MK will be decorated because the first MVMCP is on Nov.10th; over the past three years, MGM and AK have also started their xmas festivities on the same day as the first MVMCP. They start decorating the resorts on Nov.1st - so it will be an ongoing process throughtout WDW during the whole month. Officially, Disney has not posted the Nov.park hours yet so there are no confirmed dates for anything yet. I've been on a Nov.watch thread for a month now and there are a ton of posts from people who have had CMs give out conflicting info. about what's going on. It's really a mess, IMO.

Congrats on the passes though.

Actually this CM DID say that the decorations are ongoing and a lot will be up but she said that she didn't think many of the lights would be on yet. I know you've been on the Nov hours watch list!!!! It won't affect me that much though because we're only there 2 1/2 days so we'll just hit the attractions that Ally wants at each park. Thing is, she's gonna want to hit every park - MK for Space Mtn, Splash Mtn and BTMRR, AK for Everest, DHS for ToT and Epcot for Test Track, Mission Space and Soarin! She'll run me ragged! :rotfl2:

Oh - got ya. Well the castle lights will at least be on. It's questionable how much of Epcot will be decorated because their holiday festivities usually don't start until after Thanksgiving.

Hi Girls!
How's it going????
Kara, congrats on the plans!
Cammie, I wish they would announce those Osborne lites for you already!

RE allergies.... Mine are so bad that twice in my life I have done the whole allergy shot regimen! I swear it DID help.

Actually this CM DID say that the decorations are ongoing and a lot will be up but she said that she didn't think many of the lights would be on yet. I know you've been on the Nov hours watch list!!!! It won't affect me that much though because we're only there 2 1/2 days so we'll just hit the attractions that Ally wants at each park. Thing is, she's gonna want to hit every park - MK for Space Mtn, Splash Mtn and BTMRR, AK for Everest, DHS for ToT and Epcot for Test Track, Mission Space and Soarin! She'll run me ragged! :rotfl2:

YOu know Cammie, it doesn't really affect Kara 'cause she will be there every flippin' month!!! :rotfl2: Seriously, though, I'm jealous, and happy for you, but I still have to give you CRAP about it! :rotfl2:

I agree with Cammie though. Some of the most nice, seemingly knowledgeable CMs I talked to gave me some bad info. I played the 2 out of 3 game. If 2 CMs out of three said the same thing, I'd believe it! I'm such a spaz sometimes.

I'm planning on going to Lane Bryant. That's right, I said it. I said I'd never shop there again, but still haven't lost enough weight, and quite frankly going there where everything is available and fits (I wear a 14 - their smallest size, so it is nice to know I'm the skinniest somewhere!!!!). I still haven't lost the weight that I thought I would, so my snug shorts are a little uncomfy, so I'm saying screw it and getting me some that fit today. As my husband calls this moment (for both of us) being a "Happy Fatty" :rotfl2: whatever.

Okay, off to get ready.

SALE++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If anyone is interested, I just called in to Pottery Barn Kids to order a beach wrap as a birthday gift. WELLLLLL, I didn't know that the call center has daily specials. I had to change my style to a stripe (wanted the shark) but I got it for $12!!!! They show up normal price on the website. They are normally $25, I think the regular beach towels were $10. they hold up so nicely and $6 for personalization make sthem a nice gift. Just FYI.

Debbie - I'm trying your grocery game. I need to go today to get floor cleaner and bread, but THAT's ALL! Oh, wait, and the stuff to make homemade Dole whips! Other than that, I'm going to eat out of this pantry for the next month! And since I boycotted cooking after last night, Jeff can handle dinners. He's very resourceful in the kitchen and we have chicken, ground beef and fish stockpiled in the freezer. So what am I allowed to buy on your plan? Produce, milk, cheese, etc, right? I'm so in! If I can save a couple hundred bucks in the next month, I'll be a happy camper.

I also got allergy shots - I started getting 3 a week, then gradually dwindled down to about 2 a month. It helped so much along with my prescription.

Renee - as for Lane Bryant, hey, if they fit and make you happy, who cares??? I used to worry about what size was printed on the tag, but know what? I couldn't care less now! In fact, I have literally 4 different sizes in my closet and they all fit differently so I literally can wear all 4 sizes now. And as long as you're happy, to heck with it! Just be happy, and be healthy. There. Now if I could just take my own advice!!! :rotfl2:

Cammie - oh, I would love to see the Osborne lights! Probably a long shot, huh? And I really don't think we'll be down for Christmas this year. Maybe just a day trip if anything.

I agree with Cammie though. Some of the most nice, seemingly knowledgeable CMs I talked to gave me some bad info. I played the 2 out of 3 game. If 2 CMs out of three said the same thing, I'd believe it! I'm such a spaz sometimes.
That's why I trust most of the info here. People answer from experience and it's usually right then.
I'm planning on going to Lane Bryant. That's right, I said it. I said I'd never shop there again, but still haven't lost enough weight, and quite frankly going there where everything is available and fits (I wear a 14 - their smallest size, so it is nice to know I'm the skinniest somewhere!!!!). I still haven't lost the weight that I thought I would, so my snug shorts are a little uncomfy, so I'm saying screw it and getting me some that fit today. As my husband calls this moment (for both of us) being a "Happy Fatty" :rotfl2: whatever.

You look good. I think I read that most women our age are a size 14. Seriously who wants to ruin their summer dieting!

SALE++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If anyone is interested, I just called in to Pottery Barn Kids to order a beach wrap as a birthday gift. WELLLLLL, I didn't know that the call center has daily specials. I had to change my style to a stripe (wanted the shark) but I got it for $12!!!! They show up normal price on the website. They are normally $25, I think the regular beach towels were $10. they hold up so nicely and $6 for personalization make them a nice gift. Just FYI.

Thanks for the sale alert!! I love a good deal.

Debbie - I'm trying your grocery game. I need to go today to get floor cleaner and bread, but that's ALL! Oh, wait, and the stuff to make homemade Dole whips! Other than that, I'm going to eat out of this pantry for the next month! And since I boycotted cooking after last night, Jeff can handle dinners. He's very resourceful in the kitchen and we have chicken, ground beef and fish stockpiled in the freezer. So what am I allowed to buy on your plan? Produce, milk, cheese, etc, right? I'm so in! If I can save a couple hundred bucks in the next month, I'll be a happy camper.

OK Yes to bakery, produce, dairy, and drinks of course! I think I will also have to buy deli meat for the kids and my hubbies sandwiches. I think we are going to save a lot! No rice, meat, hamburger helpers, soup, CANNED OR FROZEN VEGGIES, pasta, lean cuisines, spaghetti sauce, stuff like that.

I also got allergy shots - I started getting 3 a week, then gradually dwindled down to about 2 a month. It helped so much along with my prescription.
I think I want to go back to the nasal steroid too. When I did that it made a huge difference!
Renee - as for Lane Bryant, hey, if they fit and make you happy, who cares??? I used to worry about what size was printed on the tag, but know what? I couldn't care less now! In fact, I have literally 4 different sizes in my closet and they all fit differently so I literally can wear all 4 sizes now. And as long as you're happy, to heck with it! Just be happy, and be healthy. There. Now if I could just take my own advice!!! :rotfl2: SERIOUSLY! You should talk!

Cammie - oh, I would love to see the Osborne lights! Probably a long shot, huh? And I really don't think we'll be down for Christmas this year. Maybe just a day trip if anything.
They went on around our last night at WDW I think so it was around when you are there! We went from the 9th to the 16th or something like that!

DH keeps giving me the nudge to book a trip for August, but hello we haven't paid for the last trip from April. I wish we'd win the lottery or something, but as soon as I say it I think of the people who are really poor and then I feel guilty for thinking it.:duck:

Well the crazy weekend is starting for me. That's right it's DANCE RECITAL time here at the LALA house. That means a marathon weekend of dance festivities. Today we have dance practice at 4:30pm and then a softball game at 6pm. Tomorrow we have our usual 3 hours of dance class. Saturday we have softball practice followed by dance rehearsel and then Sunday is the SHOW! :banana:

So for now I'm going to finish the laundry :laundy: finally, get dressed, get DD5 onto the bus and then go get my hair done. I need to stop looking like trailer trash - 2 inch dark roots on my blond hair -:scared1: - not a good look.

I know everyone is having problems with their allergies, but the flowers look so good!

karajeboo & Debbie - I just went shopping last week after not going for a month - are you ready - $348 :scared1: Well that will get us through for 3 weeks at least. Usually I only shop twice a month with an occasional stop for milk and I can keep it under $200 for my family of 4. So that's not so bad, but this last one I have to make last for awhile.

Listen have any of you tried to give up salt and carbs for the day? Whenever I need to get back in check I do this and it still works. When I say carbs I mean bread, crackers, pasta, etc not the fruit kind or sugars found naturally in food. I just call it my "NO WHITES DAY"...no flour, sugar or salt.... Of course there is salt in food that I don't worry about but I avoid salty things like terriaki or adding additional salt.... It still will help me knock off 1 to 2 lbs of water weight if I stick to it. It gets REALLY hard at the end of the day when I am craving something sweet so like last night I had low fat granola cereal with bananas to kill my sweet tooth. I know that's carbs but they are natural carbs so I let myself have it.
I am sure some of you have tried this but it really works for me. Believe me I am reasonably happy with my weight right now BUT I HAVE TO WATCH IT EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!! I have been on a diet since I was 12! I was over 200 lbs when I was pregnant with DD and close to that when I was pregnant with DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter