life sucks....my husband just passed away.

First I want to say I am very sorry for your loss. I lost me dear wife 6 years ago after a suddend illness. She was only 36 years old. I have a handicapped DD and they were inseperable. Almost like clones. I was a workaholic so they spent a lot of time togeather. You can imagine the adjustments we have gone thru since her death.

I don't have any magical words to help you with the pain. You will hurt for a long time. Nothing can change that and you will have to make peace with it in your own way. I still feel the same sense of loss today. The only difference is time has softened it some. I would suggest you join a grief counseling group if offered one. I chose not to and in some ways feel I still have not really grieved.

I'm sorry you feel Disney is a painfull memory. Maybe in time you will remember it as the last place you spent togeather as a loving family and find comfort in returning there. After my wife passed the Children's Wish Foundation granted my DD a Disney wish trip. Now she insists that we return every year to visit her place. But fortunately for her Disney holds only happy memories. I don't know how it would be if her mother had ever gone with her.

God Bless you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm keeping your family in my prayers.

I cannot even grasp what you are dealing with right now. Please take comfort in knowing you were such a special part of a well-lived life. Also take comfort in the blessing of memories that you made and shared with your husband. I am praying that the Great Comforter will provide you will peace and grant you courage to move ahead.

I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.:grouphug:

May God Bless you all and keep you strong.

Give yourself the time to grieve.

My sincerest condolenses. :hug:

I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband. My best friend has gone through this but unfortunately she is not a member of the boards. He was 38 when he passed away (4 years ago on 4/27) and their girls were 5 and 4. She is still struggling with it and some days are better than others. I know from that experience that there is nothing I can possibly say to ease your pain but I know from her experience what she went through and is still going through and you have my sincerest condolences. When you are able try to get some counseling for yourself and the kids if you are so inclined. My BF's kids are just in counseling now but I think they really needed it all along. :hug: to you and your kids and hope that time will at least heal your hearts some.

I've been to this thread a few times, trying to post, trying to find the right words to say. I'm so sorry you and your children are going through this. I think an earlier poster had it right...don't be afraid to ask for and receive help from your friends and family members. That's what they are there for!

:sad1: That's awful, you're in my prayers. My big brother died when I was 11, he was the oldest of six kids and was almost like a third parent, it's just such a terrible thing to go through. I can't imagine such a thing when it's the father though. I was a little older than your kids, but I knew all I wanted to know was what was really going on. My mother didn't even let me go to the funeral, to read his obituary I had to go to the library and read it myself.

Again so sorry, tears fell from my eyes when I srarted to read yor post.

You and your children are in my prayers. Please post an update so that we can keep tabs on you. Rely on those around you to give you strength. There are many who will want to help you but not know what to say or do. Don't be afraid to tell them I need...... (fill in the blank).Your latest trip sounded so magical. What wonderful memories you will have of that special time.God Bless you.

Just wanted you to know that you and your little ones are in my prayers. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to let others take care of you once in awhile. Your heart needs time to heal as well.
:grouphug:

I am so so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts. :grouphug:

OMG - I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know what to say but my heart and thoughts are with you and your little ones. :hug:

I am deeply sorry for the loss of your husband. Your family will be in our prayers.
Contact Hospice in your area. They have wonderful support groups for children and adults, pamphlets and other information you might find useful. We found what hospice had to offer very helpful when a family member suddenly passed away.

I am so sorry for your loss. My DH30, DD3 and DS18 months are going to the world in August for DD 4th birthday and DH 31st. I don't know what I would do without him, and can't imagine how this has just knocked the wind out of you.
You are an amazing mom, I can see from your other posts, like the one about the amazing "wishes" you and your DH granted for your daughters on your last trip.
I am praying for you and your girls. Don't be afraid to cry in front of your girls, to grieve with them. They need a strong mom, but they need to see that it is okay to cry and be sad too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter