life sucks....my husband just passed away.

4fordisneyworld

DIS Veteran
:sad1: We had just returned from a wonderful trip to wdw on April 12th. His 31st birthday was on the 13th and he passed away on the 16th. I am still in such complete shock and keep expecting him to walk in any minute. We have a 5yr precious little girl who keeps crying for daddy and an incredible 3yr old who doesn't understand why we won't help her find her daddy. My life has forever changed and I don't want to even breath. I do have a very strong faith and I know exactly where my very best friend is but it does not stop the pain. We had our entire life laid out and were even trying for our third baby. The thing that is the worst about this all is that the doctors tell me it was a 1 in a million chance that it should have happened to him. Which lets me know it was even more of a GOD thing but I am struggling with that right now. I am so jealous it was him and not me. I am so very blessed he took care of us so that I don't have to work and I can continue to homeschool our very fragile girls. BUT I DON'T EVEN WANT THE STUPID MONEY.....I just need him home with me.
Sorry for rambling....I have not even let myself truly break down yet...I am trying to remain strong for my girls.
We had just bought into DVC on this last trip and I had to call and cancel it. There are just too many memories there....

a very sad diser

If anyone has any experience with losing a spouse so young and especially has young kids please pm me. I am needing to talk to someone who can truly relate....thank you

I am so sorry for your loss and have you and your girls in my thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs and prayers your way, during this difficult time. Kathy

I am so sorry for your loss - I don't have the words or wisdome to console you... I have never been in a position like yours, I cannot say the "I know what your going through" because I do not. I feel so badly for your precious children, it is not fair to have to grow up without the love of their father. I hope you keep his memory alive for them, and for yourself. The only thing I can say to you is to seak some sort of counceling for yourself and/or your kids - just talking to someone can really help.

Again, I'm so sorry for your family.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't have any advice for you, but I'm sure there are tons of resources out there for you and your children as soon as you're ready.

Sending lots of prayers your way.

I am so sorry for your loss. I could fill this email with a bunch of cliche' but it wouldn't change anything. Please know that we are all thinking about you and your family and I will pray that God gives you the courage and strength to wake up every morning feeling his love wrapped around you and your girls. God Be with you:grouphug:

That is horrible. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your faith and family is a comfort to you during this hard time. I will keep you in my prayers as well....I don't even know what to say. My heart breaks for you. :sad:

I don't even know what to say other than I'm so very sorry. Hugs and prayers for you and your children.

My heart goes out to you and your little girls -- I am so, so sorry. I don't have any advice for you, other than to bring your other loved ones in close, hang on to them, and they will pull you through, when you have no more strength left. You are all in my prayers.:grouphug:

I was just going to give you a cyberhug, and your online name made me even more sad for you - (((4fordisneyworld))) I'm so sorry!

I'm not sure how much the loss of your husband relates to this, but I lost my precious 3 yr old fairy godchild last September, and I never got to take her to WDW, and I had promised I would. I don't want to go back either, but I am chaperoning my daughter's school trip, as she wouldn't go without me, as it would have been too hard for her to go alone. I'm hoping to find a quiet spot there and think of my precious Sami.

Please find a grief counselor for not just you, but for your special, precious children as well.

I can't imagine the pain you and your children are feeling. I can only pray that God will provide you all with eventual comfort and peace. God bless you all!

I'm so sorry.
Here's my gran's story. She did all of this with no insurance money. It was always an inspiration to me:

My grandmother lost my grandfather when she was in her 30's. She had 7 children ranging in age from 2-18. Gran opened a little neighborhood grocery store and took in sewing. She put the kids who wanted to go through college and she had nice weddings for 3 of her daughters-1 eloped. Gran kept the store open for 40 years and only closed it when she was almost 80.
She never had much money leftover - our Christmas presents were wrapped in the funny papers. The presents were 3 prs. of handmade undies for the girls and a couple of pairs of socks for the boys. I looked forward to these gifts of the heart every year.
Gran died 3 years ago and all she left were wonderful memories for all of us.

I'm so, so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. My prayers and thoughts are of you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter