Kristi and Brian's Memories Wedding - May 30, 2014 - GF

There goes all of the weight I lost for this wedding! :goodvibes

haha I was at a fitting for another wedding and we mentioned our own one and how we're training for a half marathon and the person helping us was saying how we'll lose a bunch of weight in the week or so leading up to the big day anyway. We were both thinking there's no way that's possibly at Disney but I guess we'll see! That's some very advanced-level ADR booking right there, I've spent about 4 weeks at Disney altogether and only done a handful of those places. It'll be so exciting to go somewhere new every single day!

Yay I'm glad you found me! You can book it with your planner. Mine is Ashton and she is amazing! A MK shoot is $1700 and if you add another park with it it's $2000, so we went ahead and added HS as well. Photographs are so important to us too, so we also added an hour (which was $200) to our hour for the ceremony.

Ashton is my planner as we'll and she is definitely amazing. I'm trying to move up the time for our wedding, hopefully there's something available. I'm def going to be asking about the extra hour!

Yay another memories bride! My memories wedding is May 9, 2014. It's so great to read about all of your planning! Ashton is my planner also (since Jacqui Woodford left), she's been excellent!

haha I was at a fitting for another wedding and we mentioned our own one and how we're training for a half marathon and the person helping us was saying how we'll lose a bunch of weight in the week or so leading up to the big day anyway. We were both thinking there's no way that's possibly at Disney but I guess we'll see! That's some very advanced-level ADR booking right there, I've spent about 4 weeks at Disney altogether and only done a handful of those places. It'll be so exciting to go somewhere new every single day!

I can't believe it but I've added a breakfast at Kona ADR now. It's really out of control. I've lost 27 pounds so far for the wedding. I think I'm just hungry...haha

Ashton is my planner as we'll and she is definitely amazing. I'm trying to move up the time for our wedding, hopefully there's something available. I'm def going to be asking about the extra hour!

I'm sure there will be something available! When I booked ours almost everything was :)

Yay another memories bride! My memories wedding is May 9, 2014. It's so great to read about all of your planning! Ashton is my planner also (since Jacqui Woodford left), she's been excellent!

Yay!!! Where is your ceremony?

Yay mine too!! Most people I've talked to have chosen poly, so it's nice to talk to someone with the same venue :)

I haven't found anyone else who chose Conch Key, but I LOVE the Grand Floridian and wanted to have all of my pictures there so I wasn't going to have it any other way! Have you heard of any of the backup rain locations for Conch Key? I only know that it would be somewhere inside on Grand Floridians property. Florida's weather makes me nervous lol

I haven't found anyone else who chose Conch Key, but I LOVE the Grand Floridian and wanted to have all of my pictures there so I wasn't going to have it any other way! Have you heard of any of the backup rain locations for Conch Key? I only know that it would be somewhere inside on Grand Floridians property. Florida's weather makes me nervous lol

I totally agree! When Ashton told me we could go all around GF for photography since our ceremony was there I had no doubts! I LOVE GF so much! Beautiful location for pics!

I haven't heard of a back up either. All I know is that it's inside. I agree...Florida weather makes me nervous too for the wedding...but I live in Louisiana and it's just as crazy here. I just got sunburned Saturday and it was soooo hot, and now I have a jacket on today.

Hi! :wave2: Just wanted to pop in and say your plans look great. We did our Memories VR at Conch Key Marina back in 2010 (which seems lile forever ago now!). I loved the location, it was so beautiful and GF was an amazing backdrop for the pictures after. I also had the white rose/pink hydrangea bouquet so I love your choice there for course:goodvibes!!! Looking forward to hearing more.

Hi! :wave2: Just wanted to pop in and say your plans look great. We did our Memories VR at Conch Key Marina back in 2010 (which seems lile forever ago now!). I loved the location, it was so beautiful and GF was an amazing backdrop for the pictures after. I also had the white rose/pink hydrangea bouquet so I love your choice there for course:goodvibes!!! Looking forward to hearing more.

Hi!!!! So glad you stopped by! Love hearing from current/past memories brides!
I'm so glad you loved Conch Key! I really don't know anyone that has had a wedding/VR renewal there so I'm so happy to hear from you!!

I can't believe it but I've added a breakfast at Kona ADR now. It's really out of control. I've lost 27 pounds so far for the wedding. I think I'm just hungry...haha

haha I can understand that, I've spent so much time on the Disney Food Blog lately when really I'm supposed to be in the gym training for a half marathon (and Disney in general, where every day is a half marathon). Congrats by the way! That's a great achievement. I think all your ADRs are great, when we go we eat so many burgers day in, day out and spend a lot of time trying to figure out where to go, your time is going to be so well managed!

Ahh it's so soon! All our your ADRs are making me hungry and I love your engagement picture. So happy for you!

Hi Kristi!! I didn't realize how close you are, so exciting!

I tried to make a crapton of ADRs for our trip as well, but DF gave me a death glare (he prefers 2 max, because he says ADRs "over schedule the trip"), so I'm super jealous of all yours! Besides, everyone knows calories don't count in Disney anyway :rolleyes1

Can't wait to read more of your planning - your dress is gorgeous!!!!

Ahh it's so soon! All our your ADRs are making me hungry and I love your engagement picture. So happy for you!

Thank you! They make me hungry every single time I think of it hahahaha!

Hi Kristi!! I didn't realize how close you are, so exciting!

I tried to make a crapton of ADRs for our trip as well, but DF gave me a death glare (he prefers 2 max, because he says ADRs "over schedule the trip"), so I'm super jealous of all yours! Besides, everyone knows calories don't count in Disney anyway :rolleyes1

Can't wait to read more of your planning - your dress is gorgeous!!!!

I don't blame him! We usually don't make too many ADR's either for that very reason. We are staying 2 weeks in Disney, so the first week will be our week where we run around and do all of the fun park things without all of the relaxing. My son will be with us the week before the wedding. We've only made one ADR each day that week, except the first day where we are doing the Star Wars breakfast and dinner. (he loves SW!)
The next week (our honeymoon week) will be more relaxing. Honestly I don't even care about our fastpasses that much, I just want to relax. Oh and eat. Because Disney calories don't count. They are magic calories :rotfl2:

It's getting closer now! So excited! I've even started packing. DF thinks I'm nuts, but he will thank me later!

I took my son today to get his suit. The only thing I could find was navy, black, or blue. Why aren't there more options for kids! Grrr! We ended up going with navy blue, because the color really looked good on him. I was hoping for a suit to match DF, a light gray, but no luck. And honestly, after 9 stores, I was done! So they just won't match, and I'm okay with that.

So today was my first dress fitting. BAD NEWS. The dress is so big now that it can't even be altered! It would basically just be reconstructing the dress, which would cost a fortune!! Luckily the manager was super nice, and he exchanged it and ordered me a dress in a smaller size. BUT, it's not scheduled to come in until May 20th. We leave on the 24th, and it will still need alterations. So I'm seriously freaking out! He said he will make sure the alterations are done in a day. UGH. Why didn't I just go ahead and order a smaller size in the dress when I tried it on!

I've ordered my cake through GF bakery.
I'm doing a cake similar to this:

And on the top layer, I will have the gold mickey's as in the mickey's delight cake, as well as the white chocolate castle topper with the turrets painted gold. We chose a lemon cake with raspberry mousse filling. I hope it comes out how I imagine it in my head!

The best news is that my wedding and trip are both now paid in full! I sent my BEO and payment off on Friday. What a relief!

I think that's all for now!

Your cake is beautiful! I can't believe it is so close :goodvibes

When we went to get a suit for my then 7 month old, they had a very slim selection. We got an outfit off of Amazon.com.

So excited for you :woohoo:

Your cake is beautiful! I can't believe it is so close :goodvibes

When we went to get a suit for my then 7 month old, they had a very slim selection. We got an outfit off of Amazon.com.

So excited for you :woohoo:

Thank you! I think sometimes I just post on the boards to see my little countdown haha!

Paid in full, cake ordered, dress is on the way (and will work out perfectly!) - you're nearly there! 1 month, 1 week, 1 day! It's going to get to that point really soon where you want time to slow down so you can savour it! Have you got much left to do now? Seems like you're really well prepared and are giving yourself the best possible chance to relax and enjoy your trip

Paid in full, cake ordered, dress is on the way (and will work out perfectly!) - you're nearly there! 1 month, 1 week, 1 day! It's going to get to that point really soon where you want time to slow down so you can savour it! Have you got much left to do now? Seems like you're really well prepared and are giving yourself the best possible chance to relax and enjoy your trip

I can not believe it!! 30 days until we leave! So crazy!
Let's see...we've got our annual passes in and our magic bands will be sent out Friday. Hopefully my dress makes it on time (I'm not cutting it close or anything here...hehe). I just sent our payment to finish paying our officiant, Rev. Kev. Brian is picking up both he and Aiden's suits from the tailor on Friday. Wedding license is in from Florida. The week before I may be able to find out who our photographer will be (I requested Cricket...fingers crossed!) I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but I think the important things are done! Oh and most of our bags packed...haha

I have to stop re-arranging my ADR's. I'm really out of control. I vow to not touch them anymore. (Unless Victoria & Alberts become available on June 1st...then I'll do some more arranging)
Here's the final list:
Ohana
Star Wars Breakfast at Sci Fi
Star Wars Dinner at Hollywood & Vine
Teppan Edo
Crystal Palace
Rainforest
1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Grand Floridian Cafe (for lunch and CAKE)
Cinderella's Royal Table
Via Napoli
The Garden Grill
Kona Cafe Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern
Dining with an Imagineer at Hollywood Brown Derby
50's Prime Time
Chefs De France
Le Cellier
Yak & Yeti
Tony's Town Square
Wishes Dessert Party
The Plaza
Be Our Guest
Mama Melrose
Star Wars Dessert Party

I think I should write a dining review after this trip! I can't help it. I LOVE Disney food. I'm now 38 pounds down, hoping to get to 45 pounds lost by the wedding. Of course in Disney I'll gain a ton back! The manager at the dress shop is going to be so mad at me :rotfl2:

Here's a few goodies I've gotten in:
My bouquet charm:

For Brian's Mom:

My hanger:

The notecard for the letter I'm writing to Brian before the wedding:

My ridiculous amount of shirts:

Our cake serving set:

My earrings:

I think that's all for now!

my gosh... now I feel like i'm procrastinating (which I have a tendency to do anyways), but I'm loving reading your thread and it's like a little reminder of what I need to do :worship: Since i'm also getting married at Conch Key and I'm thinking about adding on an extra hour of photography before the ceremony, I've never been to the resort before so any recommendations for wedding photos???

PS I love the shirts that you made! Also, I saw that you're doing star wars weekend, they have a feel the force VIP dining (I dunno if you saw it yet) that gives you a special section for the motorcade parade and dessert party fireworks for at the end of the night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter