Kristi and Brian's Memories Wedding - May 30, 2014 - GF

KristiLyn

Fab Five Member!
Hi!

I thought I would start one of these since I'm so excited to be planning our wedding at Disney!

A little about us...
Brian and I met a LONG time ago. We actually went to jr. high and high school together in a small town in Louisiana, but never really remember each other. We even have a picture together in our high school yearbook! We had a good laugh about that one. Anyways, after college, we became facebook friends and everything changed! We met up one night and haven't been apart since! Both of us being HUGE Disney fans didn't hurt either. We've been plenty of times in the 5 years we've been together.

We got engaged at Disney on the Tower of Terror. (He's such a funny guy)
I couldn't even say yes, all I said was, "Don't drop the ring!" It's actually a funny picture. When I find it I'll post it.

This all feels so strange though...bc we actually had our wedding planned at the Swan back in 2011 but decided we wanted to wait awhile before actually going through with it.

So I'm back and we're better than ever!
We have a memories wedding planned for May 30th at GF for 11:00 a.m. We couldn't be more excited! This is the date of our very first Disney trip together. I've already found my dress, we bought his suit today, and we've booked Rev. Kev as our officiant. I've also booked Beaute Speciale for my hair/makeup because I've heard so much about them!

Here are a few pics of us! Pssst...that's my adorable little boy in the pics as well. So glad to be back!

Congrats! That ToT engagement is such a good story, I know any time I have my camera out on a ride to take a photo my fiance gets worried and says 'put that away!' I bet he kept a white knuckle grip on that ring! It all sounds great so far, you got your special date at a special place to you both and what I've heard of Rev Kev so far has really impressed me. All the best with your planning!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!
Great to hear something from a Memories bride! DF and I are currently deciding between Memories and Escape (also depends on how many are going to come with us), but we also wanted to safe up a little bit more, before we start actually planning!
I'm eager for the picture of your engagement and to hear more about you two!!!❤️

Thank you!! We've just built a house and moved in so everything is in boxes, but as soon as I find that pic I'll be sure to post it!!! Nice to meet you two! :goodvibes

So ALOT has been going on, and very quickly!

We received our planning kit on Friday. I'm having the toughest time figuring out the colors for our wedding though, so picking everything else is becoming a chore! DF is wearing a light gray suit, so I am debating between yellow daisies in my bouquet or light pink roses and hydrangeas.

The best news is that we are having an in park shoot at HS! Since we were engaged there, it seemed like the best option. And there is so many fun shots we can take there! Oh, and we are having the photographer an hour earlier than our ceremony to take pics inside/around GF. Beaute Speciale will be at our room at 3:30 a.m. :scared1:
Since we are going to have so much time in between the park shoot and the actual ceremony, we are going to do a breakfast at 1900 PF. I bet I'll be too anxious to eat though!

I think that's all for now!

So excited for you! It will be here before you know it! Looking forward to following along.

Great to hear that you got your planning kit - deciding on colours really is difficult, but your choices seem wonderful! Even if you can't eat, you still have all the atmosphere and the princess treatment on your big day! I'm sure you have a great day, especially with an in-park session to begin with!

Yes! A DHS shoot is ideal, so good to return to where you were engaged for your Bridal portrait session. It's gonna be such a long day too - 3:30?! It's good you can get things done early though, I remember being groomsman for one of my friends and us all sitting around for an hour or more just having some snacks before the limo came to pick us up. Well, all of us except the groom who didn't think he'd hold it down! I think you'll be fine though, the portrait session will do the nerves a lot of good and you'll be able to enjoy your morning!

Hi Kristi sweetie
Long time no speak!!!
I am so glad you are finally getting your dream wedding!!!
I remember fondly when we were planning together back in 2011 and will be avidly following your plans now.
We will be planning a 20 year VR on the cruise line in six years time and so give it a few years and you will see me go into a planning frenzy again!!
I am so happy for you xxx

Hi Kristi sweetie
Long time no speak!!!
I am so glad you are finally getting your dream wedding!!!
I remember fondly when we were planning together back in 2011 and will be avidly following your plans now.
We will be planning a 20 year VR on the cruise line in six years time and so give it a few years and you will see me go into a planning frenzy again!!
I am so happy for you xxx

Oh Joanne you are the sweetest! I can't believe you remember me :) I'm so happy you've found my pj! I'm so excited and so happy to be planning again!

So I've finally decided on my colors!
This is the bouquet I've decided on:

And this is Brian's exact suit he bought:

Any suggestions on what color tie he should have? He says he doesn't mind wearing a pink one but I'm thinking a different color...just not sure what color

Also...my grandfather passed away in 2011 on our "planned" wedding day, so I will be getting this bridal charm to put his pic in (since he would have walked me down the aisle)

Aaaand these are 3 sets of shirts I bought us...I'm not going overboard am I??:rotfl2:
[URL=http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/kristihendry/media/shirt1.jpg.html]
shirt3.jpg
[/URL]

There is exactly 95 days before we check into Disney...not that I'm counting or anything :)
I've been on a major diet and it shows...I have booked 21 different restaurants for us to eat at. Now I'm working on a cake design. We have atleast decided on lemon cake with raspberry mousse filling. I think I'm hungry :)

And yikes! Sorry those pics came out so big! I'm tired and don't feel like resizing them :rotfl:

One small update.... I've decided I really don't like the dress I bought. It's a very bad feeling to dislike your wedding dress :(
Luckily I called the store today and they are going to exchange it for another dress...thank goodness!! So I have an appointment at 9:30 Saturday morning :love:

Oh my goodness! Your bouquet is gorgeous!!! His suit looks great! Maybe if you can find a tie with diagonal stripes with a soft pink and tan or a tie with tan and white. You set NOT overdoing it with the shirts! I would do the same if I were in your position. By wearing them, maybe you'll get extra pixie dust on you trip. I love the idea of the picture charm to remember your grandfather. So touching! When you decide on the new dress, please post a pic! Good luck on Saturday!

Sweetie
Loving everything!!!
The bouquet is gorgeous!!!
Glad you realised that the dress was not 'the one' in good time!!!
Will we get to see a picture of the new dress?

Oh my goodness! Your bouquet is gorgeous!!! His suit looks great! Maybe if you can find a tie with diagonal stripes with a soft pink and tan or a tie with tan and white. You set NOT overdoing it with the shirts! I would do the same if I were in your position. By wearing them, maybe you'll get extra pixie dust on you trip. I love the idea of the picture charm to remember your grandfather. So touching! When you decide on the new dress, please post a pic! Good luck on Saturday!

Sweetie
Loving everything!!!
The bouquet is gorgeous!!!
Glad you realised that the dress was not 'the one' in good time!!!
Will we get to see a picture of the new dress?

Thanks!

I'll definitely post a pic Saturday :)

So I'm back from dress shopping! I had so much fun. I went with just my best friend and let me tell you, that is the way to go. When too many people go, there's way too many opinions! My friend and I have the same taste in everything so we just had a blast.

So here's what I call my "almost dress".

And here's "the dress"

I love it! I didn't even want to take it off :) The pictures certainly don't do it justice. The top is beautiful...with some sparkle! And I just love all of the ruffles at the bottom!

Your dress looks beautiful (especially on you)! I like that you went with the one with the ruffles - it's a little bit more princess!
And the veil is really gorgeous - you will be stunning on your big day!!!

So here's a few updates...
I've ordered this hanger on etsy with our wedding date, on natural wood with white ribbon

And instead of the photo charm, I got this instead for my bouquet:

I've bought these earrings with ivory instead of white pearls:

with this necklace that I'm borrowing from a friend:

And lastly, I bought this for DF's mom:

I went on a little etsy spending spree this weekend :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter