Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am not going to keep being a tease;) Here is my latest creation that I cased from someone on this thread, but I am sorry I don't know who! Like I said, I have had this in the works for quite some time!
The Megan:
disboutique-2.jpg

I have been lurking again and now I have a question. I have seen this skirt many times on here and :wizard: and where can I find this pattern/instructions? My mom is itching to make my DD outfits for our June trip and this is one of the skirts I love. I might actually try my hand at it too!

I have been lurking again and now I have a question. I have seen this skirt many times on here and :wizard: and where can I find this pattern/instructions? My mom is itching to make my DD outfits for our June trip and this is one of the skirts I love. I might actually try my hand at it too!

This pattern is on youcanmakethis.com. It's called the Double Layer Stripwork Twirl Skirt by Pouty Princess.
http://youcanmakethis.com/info/clot...Make-a-Double-Layer-Stripwork-Twirl-Skirt.htm

Here are a few wrinkled examples. These are our "park" blankets. They are just little ones that would ride in the stroller with the boys.

Front Fleece side
th_ColbysBlankets006.jpg

I love the blankets! The first thing I made Dallas once he was born was a big ole blanket for the floor (well it wasn't very big, but to him it was!). I also did fleece on oneside and cotton on the other with the shapes sewn in. We loved that thing to death! Great idea for the parks.

Hello, Everyone! Ok so I have not been on for a week and I am going back to read everything! I may be a while!
But I have been busy with the holiday weekend, my kids had a cheer competition and a ton of sewing. All while my husband left for 4 days to visit his grandma in terlingua, TX and I had all 3 kids with no break! whew! I have been busy. here is a sneak preview of a few things I finished!

th_IMG_0590.jpg

Anastasia does not like this outfit and says the skirt is for little kids - so Josephine now has it in her closet!
th_IMG_0594.jpg

Lori

Anastasia is growing up so quick! All these little ones saying they are too old for this and that!

I have not heard "Euchre" in years!!! I think ONLY people from Michigan play that game. (Which probably explains why I don't live in Mi anymore-I Never learned to play!):scared1:

We always played euchre in Ohio. Such a fun game.

My youngest son's name is Colby too. He loves cars and his room is a Cars room. This is what I did with a Cars Pillowcase

He is sleeping in our room tonight because he is sick so he has no idea I took these photos
th_ColbysBlankets001.jpg

Deb

I hope he is feeling better! What a great job on all the different things. I love that island mickey fabric.

I know I missed a few quotes, the diaper covers and robe were adorable and the skirt that was cased! Love it!

And the jean outfit and other one where the jeans were split in the leg. I love that, especially for an older child!

Here are a few wrinkled examples. These are our "park" blankets. They are just little ones that would ride in the stroller with the boys.

Front Fleece side
ColbysBlankets006.jpg

Back Cotton Side
ColbysBlankets007.jpg

ColbysBlankets008.jpg

Front cotton side
ColbysBlankets009.jpg

Back fleece side
ColbysBlankets010.jpg

ColbysBlankets011.jpg

Front fleece side
ColbysBlankets012.jpg

Back cotton side (this one was so small I left it with no design)
ColbysBlankets013.jpg

Thank you for posting these! I really am wanting to make one now!

Hello, Everyone! Ok so I have not been on for a week and I am going back to read everything! I may be a while!
But I have been busy with the holiday weekend, my kids had a cheer competition and a ton of sewing. All while my husband left for 4 days to visit his grandma in terlingua, TX and I had all 3 kids with no break! whew! I have been busy. here is a sneak preview of a few things I finished!

IMG_0590.jpg

Anastasia does not like this outfit and says the skirt is for little kids - so Josephine now has it in her closet!
IMG_0594.jpg

Lori

Soooo cute! I LOVE the petti under it! I also love the ariel peasant top! I think I may be caseing that!

I see Heather let you know about ycmt.com, but if you are cheap like me you can always just wing it! Of course that is probably why half the stuff I make turns out so badly!:rotfl:

This is HILARIOUS and VERY SCARY at the same time! Could you picture that on a baby's head!:scared: I could just see someone bringing there precious little one home from the hospital with dead rodents on their head!
Yep, nothing says "welcome home!" like dead ferrets! :rotfl2:

That is me as Megara. I made all of the Hercules Family outfits including the stuffed Pegasus head :) The Meg dress was a JcPenny's formal dress that I modified. We had a blast at the Halloween Party and were selected to ride in the Boo Too You Parade. That was in 2005 when they still chose people to ride in the parade.

I also created all of the other costumes in the photos with the exception of the red power ranger. That wasn't my kid :goodvibes I absolutely love to come up with original Halloween Costumes. Someday I'll have to scan all of my old photos in as there are a lot of costumes over the last 15 years.
As you can see my crafty sides floats all over the place. We even designed and built the deck that the Micky Head Lights are on. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Deb
WOW!!! I just assumed some of them were store-bought because they are just fantastic!!! I think you deserve a few of these. :worship: :worship:

I'm so excited! I bought 2 pillowcases tonight. Heidi picked Aurora and Aleah picked Tinker Bell. They are the ones from Kmart. Then we went to Joanns and the girls picked out fabric. I'm washing it now. I also bought some random trim. I can't wait to make these dresses.

The girls wanted me to buy a Cars pillowcase for Colby, but what would I do with it? Make a giant Lightening McQueen on a t-shirt?
I was pondering the same thing. The Lightning McQueen one is really cute, but what would I do with it?

That was the 80's! I have some great ones of him I'm sure! If not, I know I can get some from Bob. If I don't have pictures, I have lots of great stories.

Ooh-ooh!!! I want to hear stories about my BIL and I need to see some 70's pictures, too!!

Ooooh, it is crazy! My girls have gone to the same school since Emily was 3, and I had heard stories of people camping out overnight for spots in preschool and our Kindergarten. Well, last year I saw it! People camped out 24 hours before registration opened to the public (church members and current students can register early). And now that I work part-time for the school this year, I'm wondering if I'll see the camp out again this year. It's just crazy!!!
Yup, that's REALLY crazy!! It's preschool, for goodness sake!!

Let's see the first time I met Brian was at Bob & Liz's. We moved in next door to them in married student housing. Brian & Dave were friends of Bob's and they were always together. Liz was a nurse and worked nights. Chuck was a grad student and worked odd hours. I think the first time I went over when they were playing Euchre. That was our favorite pastime. I remember many, many games of Euchre. Dave & Bob were usually partners and Brian was partners with whoever the 4th was. Dave & Bob used table talk and always won. Though, they will never admit it and still haven't to this day!
Euchre- crazy college fun! :rotfl:

I think I can answer that one. People refer to Ebay as Evilbay and Voldemort is evil. And yes he is from Harry Potter.
That's a great guess!

And, good thing you were a married woman, or else, you wouldn't have been able to resist this!
th_Brian.jpg
Would you just look at those shorts! Ha-cha-cha-cha!!!

th_066.jpg
th_034-2.jpg
th_nappies001.jpg
th_nappies010.jpg

not "boutiquey" but I'll get there :)
These are all boutiquey!! I love it!! I've been thinking about fancy-ing up a robe for myself. I love those diaper covers, SOOO cute!!

I love your username, it's memorable! I'm so glad to have some newbies on here, with your new ideas! Yay!

So THAT'S why I should have bought the Cars pillowcase! What a cute idea!! I love that he was sleeping under the blanket when you took a picture of it, too funny! I hope he's feeling better today, though. I love that Donald/Mickey fabric!

OMG! Heather this is fantastic! Tessa looks so beautiful in the dress and so proud that her Mom made it! I love it! Unbelievable details! I love the bird tying on the bow. Holy cow! You totally outdid yourself with this one! You have got to be so proud of yourself! :worship: Not sure if I'm worthy to be in your presence now!

Okay, just tried to post this and of course I have too many images. Heather, I had more worship smilies but I have to take them out! Sorry!

:snooty: You are forgiven. :-)rotfl2: )

I love your fabric choices here. The nautical outfit is great - again - love the fabric choices. AND, I'll be CASEing the idea for the Ariel peasant blouse. I have that pillowcase and was contemplating what to do with it. This is the perfect solution! Hope you don't mind.

I don't mind at all! If I minded believe me I would not post a picture here. it is cute. someone made an apron top also out of that pillowcase. in case anyone needs them they are $3 clearanced at walmart

I don't mind at all! If I minded believe me I would not post a picture here. it is cute. someone made an apron top also out of that pillowcase. in case anyone needs them they are $3 clearanced at walmart

My middle daughter LOVES ariel! I'm going to have to make a trip to walmart today! :)

Oh, I wanted to add that I went to Joanns yesterday and scored on the Hands across the world fabric. I was so excited!!! A 40% off coupon and 4 yards later we were on our merry way. :) I stopped at Kohls to see if I could find the Belle pillowcase.....no such luck. Sigh.....this thread is costing me so much money :rotfl2:

hey everyone. I saw the YCMT easter basket instructions and decided to do a little research. If anyone might be interested, here are some free placemat easter basket instructions. ENJOY !

http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/easterbasket.html

These are just tooo cute! I love them:love: However, I will not get to make any! My MIL gets my girls a new easter basket every year! They are always really cute, some even have their names' on them! But seeing these makes me want to make one!!!!!!

How cute!! This gives me another idea for Tessa's Ariel pillowcase. Too bad Anastasia thinks it's babyish- she looks so cute!

Okay, I just have to ask.....how come you guys don't have a pact where you each make copies (or duplicates...whatever you want to call it) for the nieces???? :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Hahahahahaha...oh and feel free to adopt my little one as a niece anytime!!! :banana: :cheer2:
'Cuz that's 2x the work!! :rotfl: The first dress I made, I made Lydia a copy. Teresa made Tessa a tutu and a crown and 2 skirts a few years back. Teresa is making ALL the girls (5 of them) ice cream themed skirts and I'm going to applique ice cream cones onto the shirts for Beaches and Cream!

I have not heard "Euchre" in years!!! I think ONLY people from Michigan play that game. (Which probably explains why I don't live in Mi anymore-I Never learned to play!):scared1:
I can NOT figure out how to play euchre. People have tried to teach me and I just sit there with a puzzled expression. Henry and I once ruined a euchre "tournament" because we had no idea what we were doing.

I'M DONE!!!!

Here is the Cinderella Mouse-made (I wish the mice made it) dress!!

Doing the Lydia:
th_1-22-08front.jpg

Doing the Megan:
th_1-22-08sittingonbed.jpg

Doing the Tessa:
th_1-22-08Cinderelladressclose.jpg
th_1-22-08birdandbowclosesmall.jpg

I need to find her a blue necklace like Cinderella's now! This is the bow she wanted in her hair and I wasn't going to argue!

WOW!!!! I love it! And it looks like it may get added to my list as soon as dd4 takes her eyes off the Hello Kitty cartoons long enough to look at it. :rotfl:

:laughing: OK here they are....pics of the pillowcase dress and my DD9's outfit.

I loved :lovestruc the whole princess and couldnt bear to cut her head off :scared: for the bodice, so I made it into a huge applique! ;) I made the top big enough to wear for the next year or so in hopes that a Disney vacation will materialize.....popcorn::

th_IMGP4913.jpg

spinning
th_IMGP4914.jpg

OK and now for my MLK Day sewing marathon....

DD9 picked out the fabrics and the patterns (From YCMT)....

th_IMGP4908.jpg

th_IMGP4907.jpg

th_IMGP4909.jpg

th_IMGP4910.jpg

These are so cute! I love the peasant tops.

Okay, I am not going to keep being a tease;) Here is my latest creation that I cased from someone on this thread, but I am sorry I don't know who! Like I said, I have had this in the works for quite some time!
The Megan:
th_disboutique-2.jpg

The Lydia:
th_disboutique-8.jpg

The Twirl:
th_disboutique-4.jpg

Sorry Heather, I had the Tessa but I don't know where it went?:confused3 Maybe I can find it and post later! Okay, and like I said before, don't look to closely at that HORRIBLE ruffle!:scared:

It looks great & I can't see anything horrible about the ruffle.

th_IMG_0590.jpg

th_IMG_0594.jpg

Lori

I LOVE the nautical outfit. And now I have an idea for that Ariel that I saw & wanted so badly.

All the new outfits are amazing!!!!!!! Heather Sue, that dress is absolutely beautiful! Tessa is going to look beautiful for BBB!!!!!

from BillWendy

Hi Amy,

I got the scraps in the mail today!! Thank you so much - Wow - Monsters Inc???? So Exciting!!

Im still looking for some Disney scraps to make my big 40 mickey head sweatshirt and I'd be happy to paypal postage!! They really dont have to be big at all, just big enough to cut out a mickey head out of!!

Thanks So Much!! Wendy

So glad you got the material. And, I can't wait to see the sweatshirt you create!

How cute!! This gives me another idea for Tessa's Ariel pillowcase. Too bad Anastasia thinks it's babyish- she looks so cute!

'Cuz that's 2x the work!! :rotfl: The first dress I made, I made Lydia a copy. Teresa made Tessa a tutu and a crown and 2 skirts a few years back. Teresa is making ALL the girls (5 of them) ice cream themed skirts and I'm going to applique ice cream cones onto the shirts for Beaches and Cream!

I can NOT figure out how to play euchre. People have tried to teach me and I just sit there with a puzzled expression. Henry and I once ruined a euchre "tournament" because we had no idea what we were doing.

Now THERE is a quote for the tag fairy! "Never learned to play Euchre because she was busy making an awesome pink Cinderella dress" Oh TAG Fairy!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BTW since WHEN does Teresajoy ONLY have 5 neices? Morgan, Megan, Ireland........... and those are just in FL she has 49 other states full of neices LOL (Not to mention our International friends) teresajoy -hope you bought a lot!!!!! of ice cream fabric :dance3:

question about a ruffler foot.....

Is it hard to learn how to use? I always hand gather my ruffles so that I know where it's going to be and most importantly.....if I'll have enough!!! With that said, I've got some extra $$$ and thought that might be a good purchase...but I'm rather intimidated by it.

th_IMG_0590.jpg

th_IMG_0594.jpg

Lori

Both outfits are beautiful but I especially love the nautical one! Cute!

I LOVE Euchre! My Dh and I both play (I taught him though and I'm a better player:rotfl: ) but we don't have any friends that play here in TX. We both grew up in Illinois (close to St. Louis) so maybe it's a midwest thing? Down here they play spaces which is very similar if you play euchre but euchre is faster and I like it better but in the mean time, spades will do!

IMG_0590.jpg

Lori

I love the nautical theme and it would be cute for 4th of July too with all the red, white and blues :thumbsup2

Front Fleece side
th_ColbysBlankets006.jpg

Front cotton side
th_ColbysBlankets009.jpg

Back cotton side (this one was so small I left it with no design)
th_ColbysBlankets013.jpg

What a great idea...they are really cute!

Really cute..I really like the nautical themed one...don't know if I am the only one, but every time I see a picture of your dd, I keep thinking how much she looks like the twins on Full House (The Olson twins).

hmm when she was younger we heard that a lot. I think I started early for july, but sadly some of the fabric was from last year, so this will be the only one of it.
lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter