Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My youngest son's name is Colby too. He loves cars and his room is a Cars room. This is what I did with a Cars Pillowcase

He is sleeping in our room tonight because he is sick so he has no idea I took these photos
ColbysBlankets001.jpg

ColbysBlankets002.jpg

His blankets are all cotton print on one side and fleece on the other. Here is his Donald blanket (Mickey and Friend Hawaiian print, but Donald is his all time favorite character)
ColbysBlankets003.jpg

ColbysBlankets004.jpg

I also made him the Donald Pillowcase to match
ColbysBlankets005.jpg

I used the other half of the pillowcase and framed it in a poster frame and it hangs on the wall above his bed.

Deb

That is so cute!!! The blanket looks really nice too!!! AWWW, so sweet. I hope he get feeling better soon.

That is just too cute! I love the eeyore one!

Love the blankets! Are those hard to do? I have been wanting to do some for my girls but am scared:scared: And what a precious sleeping angel!:angel:

Blanket are super easy to do, especially if you use blanket binding on the outside. If you can sew a straight stitch you are good to go :thumbsup2

Blanket are super easy to do, especially if you use blanket binding on the outside. If you can sew a straight stitch you are good to go :thumbsup2
YEAH! I can sew a somewhat straight line!:rotfl: How do you put them together? Do you put something in the middle like battingor something? Sorry with all the questions, but now you have me wanting to make some!

YEAH! I can sew a somewhat straight line!:rotfl: How do you put them together? Do you put something in the middle like battingor something? Sorry with all the questions, but now you have me wanting to make some!

I've done several different styles. If I'm making a smallish one I try to pick a fabric that has some sort of shape that I can sew an outline of near the center. Buy sewing around the print on one side it creates the shape on the plain fleece side. For example I've done Winnie the Pooh and I've done a Duck. It makes both sides more interesting and binds the 2 sides. One larger blankets like the cars blanket I sewed the red ribbon on the print side through the solid blue side which left a plain old rectangle on the back side. Kind of boring, but served the purpose. I find that the cotton on one side and fleece on the other makes it plenty warm enough without extra batting. Let me see if there are any kicking around that I can take a photo of.

I've done several different styles. If I'm making a smallish one I try to pick a fabric that has some sort of shape that I can sew an outline of near the center. Buy sewing around the print on one side it creates the shape on the plain fleece side. For example I've done Winnie the Pooh and I've done a Duck. It makes both sides more interesting and binds the 2 sides. One larger blankets like the cars blanket I sewed the red ribbon on the print side through the solid blue side which left a plain old rectangle on the back side. Kind of boring, but served the purpose. I find that the cotton on one side and fleece on the other makes it plenty warm enough without extra batting. Let me see if there are any kicking around that I can take a photo of.
Thank you for all of the info! I definitely want to try some, but I will have to go shopping for some material!:cloud9: Well, I need to go to bed, so
GOOD NIGHT ALL!

Here are a few wrinkled examples. These are our "park" blankets. They are just little ones that would ride in the stroller with the boys.

Front Fleece side
ColbysBlankets006.jpg

Back Cotton Side
ColbysBlankets007.jpg

ColbysBlankets008.jpg

Front cotton side
ColbysBlankets009.jpg

Back fleece side
ColbysBlankets010.jpg

ColbysBlankets011.jpg

Front fleece side
ColbysBlankets012.jpg

Back cotton side (this one was so small I left it with no design)
ColbysBlankets013.jpg

Thank you for all of the info! I definitely want to try some, but I will have to go shopping for some material!:cloud9: Well, I need to go to bed, so
GOOD NIGHT ALL!

Good Night Mindy! I think I'll head off to bed too! Pretty early for me though!

Those blankets are fantastic - oooh another thing to add to our list for the trip. They *need* blankets for when they watch the fireworks and fantasmic :)

I have been planning a basic minky quilt for both girls with different characters on them but now they will need mini snuggle blankies too ;)

IMG_1230.jpg

How did you wind up getting those Mickey's to stay on the jeans? They look great and I think I have just enough of that fabric to totally CASE them...:rotfl:

This was done back in June - before I started sewing. The outfit was all no sew! I used Aleene's ok to wask it glue. She's worn it once or twice and it has held up so far!

I'M DONE!!!!

Here is the Cinderella Mouse-made (I wish the mice made it) dress!!

Doing the Lydia:
1-22-08front.jpg
Cinderellainmadebymicedress.jpg

I need to find her a blue necklace like Cinderella's now! This is the bow she wanted in her hair and I wasn't going to argue!

WOW!!!! AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, Everyone! Ok so I have not been on for a week and I am going back to read everything! I may be a while!
But I have been busy with the holiday weekend, my kids had a cheer competition and a ton of sewing. All while my husband left for 4 days to visit his grandma in terlingua, TX and I had all 3 kids with no break! whew! I have been busy. here is a sneak preview of a few things I finished!

IMG_0590.jpg

Anastasia does not like this outfit and says the skirt is for little kids - so Josephine now has it in her closet!
IMG_0594.jpg

Lori

Okay, I am not going to keep being a tease;) Here is my latest creation that I cased from someone on this thread, but I am sorry I don't know who! Like I said, I have had this in the works for quite some time!
The Megan:
disboutique-2.jpg

oh I love this! Very bright and so adorable

Here are a few wrinkled examples. These are our "park" blankets. They are just little ones that would ride in the stroller with the boys.
Back cotton side (this one was so small I left it with no design)
ColbysBlankets013.jpg

I love all the blackets! nothing like wrapping up in disney love!
Lori

I'M DONE!!!!

Here is the Cinderella Mouse-made (I wish the mice made it) dress!!

Doing the Lydia:
1-22-08front.jpg
Cinderellainmadebymicedress.jpg

Oh my goodness, this is SOOOOO cute!!! You did an AMAZING JOB!!!! Wow, I am just in awe of it!!!

I got an email that this had been posted, and I had to run right over here to see the results (wouldn't you think I would get a sneak peak????:confused3 )

THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!! HOLY COW!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!! I laughed when I saw her first pose!!! That is the Lydia, isn't it!!!!!

Lydia just whispered in reverent awe, "Wow, that is so very pretty."
When I told her the name of that first pose, she said, "Yes, that is my pose, see?" And, of course, she did the pose. She was very pleased that Tessa was doing it!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Okay, I just have to ask.....how come you guys don't have a pact where you each make copies (or duplicates...whatever you want to call it) for the nieces???? :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Hahahahahaha...oh and feel free to adopt my little one as a niece anytime!!! :banana: :cheer2:

Hello, Everyone! Ok so I have not been on for a week and I am going back to read everything! I may be a while!
But I have been busy with the holiday weekend, my kids had a cheer competition and a ton of sewing. All while my husband left for 4 days to visit his grandma in terlingua, TX and I had all 3 kids with no break! whew! I have been busy. here is a sneak preview of a few things I finished!

IMG_0590.jpg

Anastasia does not like this outfit and says the skirt is for little kids - so Josephine now has it in her closet!
IMG_0594.jpg

Lori

I love your fabric choices here. The nautical outfit is great - again - love the fabric choices. AND, I'll be CASEing the idea for the Ariel peasant blouse. I have that pillowcase and was contemplating what to do with it. This is the perfect solution! Hope you don't mind.

She is amazing, isn't she? Which two? I want to be Deb when I grow up.

Maybe in an alternate universe! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Let's see the first time I met Brian was at Bob & Liz's. We moved in next door to them in married student housing. Brian & Dave were friends of Bob's and they were always together. Liz was a nurse and worked nights. Chuck was a grad student and worked odd hours. I think the first time I went over when they were playing Euchre. That was our favorite pastime. I remember many, many games of Euchre. Dave & Bob were usually partners and Brian was partners with whoever the 4th was. Dave & Bob used table talk and always won. Though, they will never admit it and still haven't to this day!

I have not heard "Euchre" in years!!! I think ONLY people from Michigan play that game. (Which probably explains why I don't live in Mi anymore-I Never learned to play!):scared1:

My youngest son's name is Colby too. He loves cars and his room is a Cars room. This is what I did with a Cars Pillowcase

He is sleeping in our room tonight because he is sick so he has no idea I took these photos
th_ColbysBlankets001.jpg
th_ColbysBlankets002.jpg

His blankets are all cotton print on one side and fleece on the other. Here is his Donald blanket (Mickey and Friend Hawaiian print, but Donald is his all time favorite character)
th_ColbysBlankets003.jpg
th_ColbysBlankets004.jpg

I also made him the Donald Pillowcase to match
th_ColbysBlankets005.jpg

I used the other half of the pillowcase and framed it in a poster frame and it hangs on the wall above his bed.

Deb

Sorry your Colby is sick. What I cute idea with the pillowcase! I think that's the same one I passed on last night. I may need to make a trip back. I wanted to make some blankets for Christmas, but ran out of time. You may have just inspired me!

My reply

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Let me conquer these PJ pants and give me about 20 years before I attempt an awesome project like that! I'm glad she has faith in me though. Everything on this thread she begs for or says thats so cute can you make it? Uhhh not yet honey! :laughing:

you all are amazingly talented.

Aleah just saw all these :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: and said they were doing gymnastics.

th_IMG_0590.jpg
th_IMG_0594.jpg

Lori
Cute outfits Lori!! How did the cheer competition go?

Oh my goodness, this is SOOOOO cute!!! You did an AMAZING JOB!!!! Wow, I am just in awe of it!!!

Okay, I just have to ask.....how come you guys don't have a pact where you each make copies (or duplicates...whatever you want to call it) for the nieces???? :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Hahahahahaha...oh and feel free to adopt my little one as a niece anytime!!! :banana: :cheer2:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: We both have sewing machines thats why. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter