Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOH OOOH OOOH OOH!!!! I HAVE ONE I HAVE ONE!!!!!!!

Once got her behind stuck in the toilet!

That was so funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I like that one...... however, I do believe it would be more effective if it were typed in brown- don't you????

See??????? Much better! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I like that one...... however, I do believe it would be more effective if it were typed in brown- don't you????

See??????? Much better! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm just really glad the tagfairy wasn't around when we were having the scissors in the couch discussion!

And, just because Steph said I was being mean, I will throw another one out there!

"Adored by her big sister"

Ok I give in. You guys have inspired me to give it a try. The Singer Esteem is on sale at Target for 99.00. Should I get it or save up and get the Brother one from Walmart. I think it's the Brother 6000. Keep in mind that I have no sewing experience. Thanks.
I wouldn't waste money on the embroidery one if I were you. I did, and it's very frustrating. I just use it as a regular sewing machine and it works fine, but it does not embroider well on t-shirt matrerial - and that's what I wanted to use it for mostly.
it even "ate" a burp cloth I was making when I tried to put a decorative stitch on it.

heather - the dress is gorgeous!

tnmom - I like yours too!

utah - I still didn't get to see the witch costume! Post them all, dagnabit!

Ok, here's a question for you sewing ladies?????

How bad does it make me that I am sitting here wishing that I could play hooky from Bible study and stay home and sew????????:sad2:

I feel evil for even typing it!:scared1:

I'm not going to do it. Even though I am really psyched to start my sock monkey outfit and even though I have been running like crazy all weekend doing fall/Halloween stuff and I would love to stay in my jammies all day.

I lead it though so how bad would it be to make sure that I make everyone stay "on-track" so we get through it super fast?????:rolleyes1

There have been some super cute stuff posted lately and it's just making me want to sew sew sew!

I for one don't think it's a bad thing to want to stay in your jammies all day. Maybe you can compermise wear your jammies to the study.:rotfl::lmao:

How about this tag for Heather....

Original designer of the successfully popular "Cinderella surprised, yet suspicious" look clothing

I just about died laughing when I read that!

The weather was beautiful last night for MNSSHP!!! We ended up with a group of 15!!! we had 3 gangsters, a flapper, a gatsby girl and a 1920's Moviestar, Lily was a paper boy...we also had the adams family, Dr. Seymour Bush :sad2:, his nurse and a clown.

popcorn:: We went to the monorail via the GF, which I thought was funny. We had to ask 2 different people to take pictures of us all w/ 2 digital cameras each and as we're posing for 20 minutes we realize that OTHER people are taking our picture too. It was too funny we were like mini stars.

We had a great time. Lily got to meet so many characters she LOVES like from Tarzan and Lion King. But we didn't see Simba or Mickey. We got to Mickeys house at 11:40 thinking we had waited out the crowds and most of the little kids had gone home by then. But even though the line was short and there was noone else behind us they would NOT let Lily in. :rolleyes1 SUCK. We won't be going back to MK, so hopefully she'll get to see him in another park. We've been telling her we were going to Mickey's house for weeks. Dadda told her Mickey was not home and we showed her plutos bone and looked around the house ...AHHHH:scared1: We did not go into Minnies house, which is NO big deal but I DIDN"T GET THE SEWING MACHINE PIC!!!!! SUCK!!! what the crap??? Now I'm depressed. I'm gonna have to find a way back to MK....
Except that it is raining and is not supposed to let up until Fri. when we will be driving home. We are hanging out today playing some games and we'll watch a movie later when it's dark.

ON TOPIC- Lilys patchwork skirt ended up being 2 tiers w/ a black ruffle between them and on the bottom. She will wear it w/ black leggings and a black tee from target w/ a glittery pumpkin. and I am NOT stressing about it. wanna hear my new "if i makes me feel better" rationale for leaving off the bottom ruffle. If I leave off the extra bottom ruffle then I can add the third tier later and the ruffle and then resize the waist NEXT YEAR!!! right? I mean she's gonna wear it once, maybe twice... Well, it sounded like a solid plan anyway.
Now, if I stop typing we're gonna see if we can upload last nights photos....keep your fingers crossed.

...t.

How about this tag for Heather....

Original designer of the succesfully popular "Cinderella surprised, yet suspicious" look clothing

I just about died laughing when I read that!

That's a good one! But, yah know, she totally stolded my whole pumpkin fabric Cinderella dress idea! Little thief! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I made baby legs for my dd to go along with her tinkerbell costume- they were a pair of socks for adults that you cut off the foot part and make into a cuff on the bottom. I saw them here of course- so you may have seen them too. I can post the link for the directions if you want.

no I have not seen them would you mind shareing that would be sew great another thing to add to my pile before wednesday. Lets seeQUOTE]

Here is the Baby Legs directions site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/babyhopes/sets/72157594274454468/
They were pretty quick and easy once you understood it. I just had to read it a couple times and study the pictures- the computer is upstairs and the sewing machine is downstairs so I got a little workout going back and forth. But Once I made the first pair it was easy doing another. I made one for her costume and one for her witch costume. I bought the socks at target for like $6 for two pair. I didn't think that was to bad for two pair of leggings. My dd is 15 mo. so I did cut them down a little before I put the cuff on. Here is a picture of the witch costume ones- Green argyle very witchy I thought :rotfl:
47b7ce08b3127ccebee324f3b6e900000025101AZsXLhszbMY

Good luck hope this helps-
Gotta go do the :laundy: Wish me luck- you know I don't want to have a reinjury right before our trip :rotfl2:

Just started my xmas outfits! WOO HOOO! anywho, first one is done, just have to get the right size bottons for mr. snowman!
IMG_3220.jpg

The weather was beautiful last night for MNSSHP!!! We ended up with a group of 15!!! we had 3 gangsters, a flapper, a gatsby girl and a 1920's Moviestar, Lily was a paper boy...we also had the adams family, Dr. Seymour Bush :sad2:, his nurse and a clown.

popcorn:: We went to the monorail via the GF, which I thought was funny. We had to ask 2 different people to take pictures of us all w/ 2 digital cameras each and as we're posing for 20 minutes we realize that OTHER people are taking our picture too. It was too funny we were like mini stars.

We had a great time. Lily got to meet so many characters she LOVES like from Tarzan and Lion King. But we didn't see Simba or Mickey. We got to Mickeys house at 11:40 thinking we had waited out the crowds and most of the little kids had gone home by then. But even though the line was short and there was noone else behind us they would NOT let Lily in. :rolleyes1 SUCK. We won't be going back to MK, so hopefully she'll get to see him in another park. We've been telling her we were going to Mickey's house for weeks. Dadda told her Mickey was not home and we showed her plutos bone and looked around the house ...AHHHH:scared1: We did not go into Minnies house, which is NO big deal but I DIDN"T GET THE SEWING MACHINE PIC!!!!! SUCK!!! what the crap??? Now I'm depressed. I'm gonna have to find a way back to MK....
Except that it is raining and is not supposed to let up until Fri. when we will be driving home. We are hanging out today playing some games and we'll watch a movie later when it's dark.

ON TOPIC- Lilys patchwork skirt ended up being 2 tiers w/ a black ruffle between them and on the bottom. She will wear it w/ black leggings and a black tee from target w/ a glittery pumpkin. and I am NOT stressing about it. wanna hear my new "if i makes me feel better" rationale for leaving off the bottom ruffle. If I leave off the extra bottom ruffle then I can add the third tier later and the ruffle and then resize the waist NEXT YEAR!!! right? I mean she's gonna wear it once, maybe twice... Well, it sounded like a solid plan anyway.
Now, if I stop typing we're gonna see if we can upload last nights photos....keep your fingers crossed.

...t.

pictures!!! I NEED PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Heather - Tessa's outfit is to die for! I LOVE it!

TNMom - Also love the thanksgiving outfits!

I just love that fabric and used it myself for overalls!

...t.

Glad to hear you guys had such a great time! however, WE NEED PICTURES!!!!

ok, my kids went to a halloween party last night!
Queen of hearts, ALice and nicholas wore his Crackerjaxs boy outfit from the box. His white rabbit he will wear on halloween.
IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

Lori

OH MY GOODNESS....your little ones are adorable!!! I just LOVE the Cracker Jack boy...how unique. I have never seen a costume like that. He looks so cute! Well so do the girls!!

Here is the Baby Legs directions site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/babyhopes/sets/72157594274454468/
They were pretty quick and easy once you understood it. I just had to read it a couple times and study the pictures- the computer is upstairs and the sewing machine is downstairs so I got a little workout going back and forth. But Once I made the first pair it was easy doing another. I made one for her costume and one for her witch costume. I bought the socks at target for like $6 for two pair. I didn't think that was to bad for two pair of leggings. My dd is 15 mo. so I did cut them down a little before I put the cuff on. Here is a picture of the witch costume ones- Green argyle very witchy I thought :rotfl:
47b7ce08b3127ccebee324f3b6e900000025101AZsXLhszbMY

Good luck hope this helps-
Gotta go do the :laundy: Wish me luck- you know I don't want to have a reinjury right before our trip :rotfl2:

:lmao: Yes I will wish you luch instead of break a leg cause that would not be good. Thanks for the idea I will have to run into my kmart that is a block away from my house. I tol me hubby next time he gets me that close to a store it better be a walmart. :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 And might I add how adorable she is in her custum argyle leggings.

Pumpkin Patch Pictures!!

DS didn't get a custom this time around, but he still had fun. Why do I sew, you ask... DD got half a dozen comments
(at each of the 3 places we went) about her outfit. She was very proud. When we were leaving the pumpkin patch she was holding my hand. She looked up at me and said, "Thanks for my pretty dress mom, I love it!! You're the best, mom!!" That's why I sew!!

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

Here are some Halloween Costumes.. we went to a contest at the mall today. Will won Funniest for the 0-4 age range. I saw a cool eggs and coffee one I think I am going to make tonight for Belle insead of her jack in the box. Tomorrow is the town contest.

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Wow,....those are very cool costumes!!! Very unique. I really like them! :goodvibes

I finished Tessa's Cinderella pumpkin dress!! However, that's not what I'm posting because my computer is acting like a brat at the moment. So, here is Tessa's costume, instead! She wanted to be a fairy, but I talked her into being a "Winter fairy" seeing as how she'd freeze her butt off in the store-bought costumes. We went to a party yesterday, so she got to wear it. I just covered up her tinkerbell wings with this fabric so I didn't have to deal with trying to make them myself!
10-27-07fairyathome.jpg
10-27-07fairyonchair.jpg

I was so frustrated with screwing up the dress that goes under the robe, I wasn't going to finish it. But, she looked so sad when I told her I wasn't going to finish it, that I went ahead and did it.
10-27-07underdress.jpg

:cloud9: Awww she looks adorable and I think you did a FANTASTIC job on the costume. Great idea about just covering up the Tink wings!!! I like easy! Hahahaha

I for one don't think it's a bad thing to want to stay in your jammies all day. Maybe you can compermise wear your jammies to the study.:rotfl::lmao:

I compromised and wore comfy clothes! The ladies were really talkative today so it went a little longer than it might have, but it was fine. I really do love it and that is why I started it, but I do have the temptation to be lazy every once and again.

Now, I just need to start some laundry (I'll be very careful because we all know how dangerous this can be!) and get my pigsty/house tidied up a bit and get to sewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter