Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

celerystalker

<font color=green>Look! I'm yankeepenny!<br><font
tnmom - make something for yourself! do it!
You only live once.

And it can't be as bad as my celery shirt. :lmao: I still haven't taken of picture of that one. I need to .

Thanks for the compliments, y'all. I appreciate it.
our trip is getting so close!

lori - I think the purple shirt goes very well.
how about adding a ruffle to the sleeves of the princess shirt to coordinate with the skirt?

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is Part 4 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1342831.

The thread is continued at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1733993

I have some pics to share! The first two outfits (Hannah Montana and Tinkerbell) I cannot take credit for since a friend made them for me.
DSC_0247.jpg
DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg
100_2749.jpg

I love these outfits! Your friend does a nice job!
The next two outfits are mine - I need a little help from you all.

1st - you all know my purple top saga. I still cannot for the life of me find a purple top to match this skirt I made.
Questions for you:
1. This is the closest color I have found so far - does it look to
light? Please be honest!!!
2. Should I dye a T with ritz to match - or go with black and scrap the
iron on since it won't show good. I don't have time to order anything else for it - we leave next Thursday.
DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

I think this shirt looks fine. What kind of iron on are you using? Did you post a picture allready?
You can buy transfer pape for dark fabric, which would show up on a black shirt.
But, I think I would just stay with this purple, it doesn't look much lighter than the purple music notes to me.

2nd - I just finished this Princess skirt last night. I love how it turned out! I bought this T to match with the intention of embellishing it but I can't seem to find anything I like on it with the embroidery. I don't really want to put a ruffle on the bottom of the T doesn't it kinda blend in to the skirt? Does it look good as is - or do you have any suggestions?
DSC_0250.jpg

TIA for looking - and helping!;)

I like it the way it is. Did you put some bling on there?

I love the skirt! It's adorable. I like the way the princesses have their own squares! :thumbsup2

I had this 3/4 way done and finished it last night.

DD loves it becuase it is a "Minnie Mouse" dress. I even let her wear her MM shoes to school. I was worried about it being to summerie but it is supposed to be over 90 degrees so I think she will be okay.

I am really working on completing projects.

th_Boat042.jpg

Adorable! I am working on finishing too. When do you leave? We are taking off next Thursday. I also have let DD wear her creations to school, can't get them any dirtier (is that a word LOL) than at Disney!!

disneylovinfamily - :hug: for your sityuation - enjoy your trip as much as you can!

aimmee - love the miniie outfit! too cute!

tnmom - I like the top one best.

stepmom - Love the scrapbook! you have tons of talent for not "sewing."

Ok y'all. Here's my pooh toile skirt! I'm such a little kid - I've been dancing around all day in it.

Picture010.jpg

And here are the pirate pants I made for Tammy - they're very simple, but it's the first pants I've made.
I did not make the shirt.

Picture002-1.jpg

I haven't decided if I'm going to mess with the legs or not - maybe cut them into tatters a bit?

I love the skirt! That looks like something I might be able to do! Any suggestions or patterns for skirts. My issue is I don't have a regular piece of fabric, I bought an XXL dress from disney shopping to match DH and DS shirt. I am just going to cut it up to use the fabric. I wanted a mickey head on a shirt and was hoping for shorts, capris or a skirt like this would be adorable!

The pirate pants are great too! Great job!

disneylovinfamily - :hug: for your sityuation - enjoy your trip as much as you can!

aimmee - love the miniie outfit! too cute!

tnmom - I like the top one best.

stepmom - Love the scrapbook! you have tons of talent for not "sewing."

Ok y'all. Here's my pooh toile skirt! I'm such a little kid - I've been dancing around all day in it.

th_Picture010.jpg

And here are the pirate pants I made for Tammy - they're very simple, but it's the first pants I've made.
I did not make the shirt.

th_Picture002-1.jpg

I haven't decided if I'm going to mess with the legs or not - maybe cut them into tatters a bit?
How FUN!! I vote to tatter the legs - what a great idea!

Oh thank goodness! I have been SOOO worried about him!!!!

He is so cute!!! I love the green polka dot fabric! What are your plans for it?

I made the cutest tinkerbell outfit for my DNeice's birthday this Sunday with that fabric and a purple tink print. I ran out of fabric for the ruffle on the peasant shirt, so back to Walmart I went! Of course I had to get more of the Tink fabric to because when DD sees it she is going to want one too! (Even if she doesn't I'm making her one because I love how the set turned out!) I hope to post pictures tomorrow after the peasant shirt is done! I'm even going to make her matching korker bows!

I have some pics to share! The first two outfits (Hannah Montana and Tinkerbell) I cannot take credit for since a friend made them for me.
DSC_0247.jpg
DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg
100_2749.jpg

The next two outfits are mine - I need a little help from you all.

1st - you all know my purple top saga. I still cannot for the life of me find a purple top to match this skirt I made.
Questions for you:
1. This is the closest color I have found so far - does it look to
light? Please be honest!!!
2. Should I dye a T with ritz to match - or go with black and scrap the
iron on since it won't show good. I don't have time to order anything else for it - we leave next Thursday.
DSC_0254.jpg
DSC_0251.jpg

2nd - I just finished this Princess skirt last night. I love how it turned out! I bought this T to match with the intention of embellishing it but I can't seem to find anything I like on it with the embroidery. I don't really want to put a ruffle on the bottom of the T doesn't it kinda blend in to the skirt? Does it look good as is - or do you have any suggestions?
DSC_0250.jpg

I have to say I love the tinkerbell colors. It is really nice.

I also love how you cut out each princess for the skirt. DD loves the fabric and I cannot figure out to do with it. I really like this idea.

Purple shirt- I would check out the Children's Place. They have these shirts.

http://www.childrensplace.com/webap...n&catTree=27151,27690,27317,27757&clearance=0

They are $6.99 and they have purple. The purple looks a little off on the screen but it has bling. It might be worth checking out. I bought the black for Halloween.

I made the cutest tinkerbell outfit for my DNeice's birthday this Sunday with that fabric and a purple tink print. I ran out of fabric for the ruffle on the peasant shirt, so back to Walmart I went! Of course I had to get more of the Tink fabric to because when DD sees it she is going to want one too! (Even if she doesn't I'm making her one because I love how the set turned out!) I hope to post pictures tomorrow after the peasant shirt is done! I'm even going to make her matching korker bows!

It sounds adorable! I can't wait to see it!

Has anyone tried making the Minnie ears clippies?? I'm thinking someone said they had. I'm just wondering how hard it could be. I think they are so cute! I wouldn't mind wearing them myself (at Disney of course)! I have a pattern for mouse ears (just the shape) in my bookmarks section, and I keep thinking I should give it a try.

I don't think they would be very hard at all! I have this pair:

IMG_1261.jpg

If you want me to take some close up pictures to get an idea of how they are made, let me know.

DSC_0247.jpg
th_DSC_0225.jpg

th_DSC_0250.jpg

LOVE that first outfit!

For the shirt with the ADORABLE princess skirt, have you considered using a fabric from the skirt and making a sash belt? If she wore the shirt out, and then put the belt over it, it would help tie it in a bit more maybe?

I love these outfits! Your friend does a nice job!

I think this shirt looks fine. What kind of iron on are you using? Did you post a picture allready?
You can buy transfer pape for dark fabric, which would show up on a black shirt.
But, I think I would just stay with this purple, it doesn't look much lighter than the purple music notes to me.

I like it the way it is. Did you put some bling on there?

I love the skirt! It's adorable. I like the way the princesses have their own squares! :thumbsup2

Here is a pic of the iron on. I ordered it before I knew there were different ones for dark and light colors. This one is supposed to be on white - but I ironed one on something purple and it wasn't too bad. I don't have time to order another one though.
DSC_0176.jpg

I didn't add some bling to the T - it was already there - but that is an idea - I have crystals here - but maybe I should do colors. Hmmm. I have a Cinderella patch here - and a rhinestone iron on that says "princess" but none of it is working for me.

Adorable! I am working on finishing too. When do you leave? We are taking off next Thursday. I also have let DD wear her creations to school, can't get them any dirtier (is that a word LOL) than at Disney!!

We are not going til December but my folk art shows are kicking into gear so my time is going to be very limited soon. Say hi to Mickey for us when you go. My DD asked if we could go to Mickey Mouse's house for Halloween. My DH looked at her and said NO! When I gave him the evil eye. He said, Maybe next year! :thumbsup2

I have to say I love the tinkerbell colors. It is really nice.

I also love how you cut out each princess for the skirt. DD loves the fabric and I cannot figure out to do with it. I really like this idea.

Purple shirt- I would check out the Children's Place. They have these shirts.

http://www.childrensplace.com/webap...n&catTree=27151,27690,27317,27757&clearance=0

They are $6.99 and they have purple. The purple looks a little off on the screen but it has bling. It might be worth checking out. I bought the black for Halloween.

Thanks for looking for me! I don't think the iron on would fit if it is embellished - and I am scared to try and make a long sleeved T short sleeved - LOL. The one place I haven't looked yet is Gymboree - since it is a bit of a drive for me. I should peek on-line before I drive.

Sorry - one more question - what do you like better - the purple T I bought - or this green tank I have at home??? Keeping in mind the iron on, "rock star" rhinestone iron on and how busy the outfit is.
DSC_0201.jpg

LOVE that first outfit!

For the shirt with the ADORABLE princess skirt, have you considered using a fabric from the skirt and making a sash belt? If she wore the shirt out, and then put the belt over it, it would help tie it in a bit more maybe?
Hmmm - that's an idea! I have lots of the squares left over - I could make the tie out of them....

Somehow I missed the directions on how to make an autograph book and I spent hours last night looking for it and can't find it....can someone direct me, please????

Thanks
Susan

Hi Susan. i don't have Aimeeg's book but I do have this one. It's from a DISser named Rosiejo. Here's the link:
http://www.savefile.com/files/28628

This is how I make my autograph book:
Either use Rosiejo's pages or make my own-about 80.
I also take the plastic from a theme paper cover and cut
it into 2 to 4 x 6 pieces to cover the cover page and back .
I bought a paper cutter, so I cut the pages to about 4 x 6.
Used to take the pages for binding but I bought my own-Rubicoil-fuschia for the girls and ocean blue for the boys.

Do you remember how much they cost? I think they are so cute!

Teresajoy,
Just for YOU, I will make the sacrifice and go to WDW this weekend to see how much they are :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (I tried to say it with a straight face)

I think the last time I looked they were under 10.00 I am thinking $6 something. But I will check and let you know.

Cindee

Again - sorry to be so needy today! I am in panic mode trying to complete outfits, and my brain is a little fried. I just love this skirt - and don't want to mess it up by putting the wrong top with it. Maybe these pics will give you all a better idea of my plan, and what it will look like. Please send any comments or suggestions my way, I could use them!
DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

Sorry you did not like it.

I tried to make in generic so anyone could use it. At the end of the day at the park we took out any autographs we got. It made the book smaller each day. Also, we put the book back together I had enough room to add photos.

A really great place to buy ink is at Costcos or Sams. You can save a lot that way.

Please don't think I didn't like it! I think in fact the one I ordered is probably printed from your templates. I assumed who I bought it from created them, but honestly, I don't have it yet, coming this week, I think they are yours!

She had only printed out one so we were going to have to buy another ink cartridge, more paper and have it bound still. I decided forking out the extra bit was worth it!

I do buy my ink for cheap, $6 a cartridge online, but this was on her computer. My printer will never print nice enough long enough to do something like this.

Funny thing was she noticed right away Peter Pan was missing. All the other characters were great! And we figured it was no big deal to be missing somoene. I am sure we won't see him anyways, we aren't big character people.

This is the sweetest pic and it brought a giant smile to my face---something that has been lacking for 2 days now.

Glad I could help. My husband was in the Air Force for 5 yrs, but luckily in the chAir Force division so he only had to go away a couple times for a couple weeks for educational training. He still has some classmates active duty so lots of thoughts go out to our military men and women. I hope that you have a great support group to help you out while he is gone.
Hugs to you and your kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter