Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
th_caitynkenziehalloween.jpg
They are such cute girls!

These are great, Deann!! I just love that fabric! I am still having problems getting Tessa's pumpkin dress pictures onto the computer-GRRR!!!

These are two of my Thanksgiving outfits. I've loved this pumpkin fabric for a long time, but never knew what I would do with it. Then someone posted a cute outfit on here using the same fabric along with this green and gave me these ideas.

For dd2:
th_EmmaTgiving.jpg

For dd7:
th_AbbyTgiving.jpg

Cute! That is a really versatile pumpkin fabric! Autumn and Cinderella all rolled into one. You did a sweet job!!!! Lucky girls

My family is very rednecky and I don't think they'd appreciate anything like that. But I am adding some twirl to a Osh Kosh bib-overall (top part) that my dd can wear all November nicely.

You ask why we sew? Well, for me there are several reasons.

1. I like DD being dressed nicely and looking cute! It always pleases me when she is in something unique.

2. I too like the compliments from others - DH, strangers, etc. Vain yes, but true.

3. It is fun! It's my new hobby but I just need to stay motivated with it.

4. It is cheaper to make her a custom holiday (be it Halloween, Christmas, etc) outfits than I could buy them for.
I love the compliments too! Makes me feel so good!
But PLEASE TELL ME.......

What the heck is that HAIRY THING on the fireplace ???
I don't know BUT don't feed it after midnight and DON'T get it wet!!!!! :lmao:

(I think it's a "tricker treat" bucket too....very unique!)

It's finally done!! I'd like to thank fortheluvofpooh for getting the sparkly brown fabric for me. Without her, this dress would have no bottom ruffle. Thank you to all of you wonderfuly sweet women who went to your local WalMart in search of it, too! :grouphug: You're all so great! The outdoor pictures are sort of fuzzy and I don't know why. :confused3 I'd like to point out that this was my first zipper. If you don't look too closely, it doesn't look too bad! I still think Cinderella looks both surprised and suspicious...
10-28-07Cinderelladressoutside.jpg
10-28-07twirling.jpg

10-28-07backofpumpkindress.jpg
10-28-07appliquesonpumpkindress.jpg

10-28-07cinderellaappliquepumpkin.jpg

10-28-07castleonpumpkindress.jpg
10-28-07floweronpumpkindress.jpg

Hello everyone.

I have been looking at all of the great designs and I"m wondering if you all can come up with a Christmas Tinkerbell dress for my daughter and a Christmas Peter Pan outfit for my son.

Of course I will pay for these. Please PM me if you have any questions. Thanks,

It's finally done!! I'd like to thank fortheluvofpooh for getting the sparkly brown fabric for me. Without her, this dress would have no bottom ruffle. Thank you to all of you wonderfuly sweet women who went to your local WalMart in search of it, too! :grouphug: You're all so great! The outdoor pictures are sort of fuzzy and I don't know why. :confused3 I'd like to point out that this was my first zipper. If you don't look too closely, it doesn't look too bad! I still think Cinderella looks both surprised and suspicious...
10-28-07twirling.jpg

that is so cute and turned out great no resizing that ..good job

Here are some Halloween Costumes.. we went to a contest at the mall today. Will won Funniest for the 0-4 age range. I saw a cool eggs and coffee one I think I am going to make tonight for Belle insead of her jack in the box. Tomorrow is the town contest.

th_IMG_0842.jpg

th_IMG_0827.jpg

th_IMG_0831.jpg

What cute costumes! I'll take 4 kisses!!!!

The chopped off head one looks hard!

10-28-07twirling.jpg

OMG! It's so beautiful! My DD saw it and immediately wants one :sad2: Like I've got time to conquer my fear of zippers before we leave next month (not to mention that next month starts this week! :scared1: ) What pattern did you use? It's a gorgeous dress.

I love all the costumes and outfits that everyone's been doing lately. I'll try to catch up some more this week.

th_10-28-07Cinderelladressoutside.jpg
th_10-28-07twirling.jpg

th_10-28-07backofpumpkindress.jpg
th_10-28-07appliquesonpumpkindress.jpg

th_10-28-07cinderellaappliquepumpkin.jpg

th_10-28-07castleonpumpkindress.jpg
th_10-28-07floweronpumpkindress.jpg
Heather! SOOO gorgeous! I love all the details and amazing applique! :cheer2:

Has any one ever seen a Snow White peasant's dress? Or a Briar Rose (Aurora) in her drab dress? I wonder things like this when I'm reading to Norah our of her Princess Collection Story book.... OH! maybe a blue Aurora? Untapped market I guess!:confused3

OMG! It's so beautiful! My DD saw it and immediately wants one :sad2: Like I've got time to conquer my fear of zippers before we leave next month (not to mention that next month starts this week! :scared1: ) What pattern did you use? It's a gorgeous dress.

I love all the costumes and outfits that everyone's been doing lately. I'll try to catch up some more this week.
Thank you!! The pattern is McCalls 4888. It really wasn't too hard to make the actual dress. The appliques took me a while, though. I added the tie because it fit a little loose on Tessa. The zipper wasn't bad at all. It's nothing to be skerred of!

YCMT just sent me new coupon codes good now until November 1:

To save $1 on your order of $10 or more, enter code: TREAT1 at checkout.
To save $5 on your order of $30 or more, enter code: TREAT5 at checkout.
(Note, each code is for a one-time user per customer)
And even better news! With your order of $40 or more, the eBook "Oh-So-Chic" aprons will automatically be added to your cart upon checkout. These make perfect gifts to give (or even keep one for yourself!) The instructions will allow you to make 2 aprons at once! PERFECT! You've been making fun things for your children...now make a little something special for YOU!

Offers expire November 1st and each coupon code is for a one-time use. Again, to receive the apron eBook, your total just needs to be $40 or more and it will AUTOMATICALLY be added to your cart.

I finally started on Zoe's Halloween costume. I'd bought some cute green wings earlier this month with no specific plan and she decided she wanted to be Tink. Well, as cute as Tink is, her outfit is kind of plain plus not really warm enough for this time of year in our area. I decided to use lime green for most of the outfit but I'm adding fall colors as accents. Here's what I have so far:

fairy1.jpg

I love love love your work you have such talent. I should have bought wings but now I am stuck ear deep in opal like fabric trying to get two pairs of wings out of the mess I have created. I am working on traditional Tinks for the twins not the princess type. I am ok with them wearing turtle necks underneath but I don't know if I should make some green pants or have them wear tights. Any one have any suggestions?
I made baby legs for my dd to go along with her tinkerbell costume- they were a pair of socks for adults that you cut off the foot part and make into a cuff on the bottom. I saw them here of course- so you may have seen them too. I can post the link for the directions if you want.

10-28-07twirling.jpg

So worth the wait :thumbsup2 Love it!! My favorite applique is the carriage- but they are ALL great!!!!

Got MORE packing to do.......

10-28-07twirling.jpg

I would just like to say that is just beautiful and I would be biteing my nails praying megan did not slip and fall on the grass and get a grass stain. But thats just my luck.

I made baby legs for my dd to go along with her tinkerbell costume- they were a pair of socks for adults that you cut off the foot part and make into a cuff on the bottom. I saw them here of course- so you may have seen them too. I can post the link for the directions if you want.

no I have not seen them would you mind shareing that would be sew great another thing to add to my pile before wednesday. Lets see

3. trick or treat bags.
1. Cheer top fitting.
2. sets of custume tinkerbell wings.
1. White pair of slipper shoes (don't ask)
But I did manage to finish sewing the tink shoes with that no slip slipper grip fabric. I even managed using my loser crapy sewing maching which I beat up quite often.:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:. Well I gueass I am done venting. :rolleyes1

QUOTE]

Heather! SOOO gorgeous! I love all the details and amazing applique! :cheer2:

Has any one ever seen a Snow White peasant's dress? Or a Briar Rose (Aurora) in her drab dress? I wonder things like this when I'm reading to Norah our of her Princess Collection Story book.... OH! maybe a blue Aurora? Untapped market I guess!:confused3
i want the blue aurora get on it mama.:goodvibes nighty night all i am beat..

WOO-HOO!!!:woohoo: I have a famous sister!!:woohoo:
Does anyone else read that last line and think of that old M&M's (I think) commercial where the little kid says "Thanks Easter Bunny"?

Thanks Easter Bunny...Bock, bock!

10-28-07twirling.jpg

WOW! This is another amaizing creation! I love it. The pumpkin fabric is just TOO CUTE. You did an awesome job. I love the ruffle on the top and the sleeves. Looks hard!

HEY GUYS!!! Guess What I saw today!!!??? Tessa in her all finished Cinderella outfit!!!! She looked GORGEOUS!!!!! But you all have to wait AGAIN!!! :rotfl:

You have been really mean lately! I can't believe the tag fairy is rewarding this kind of behavior!

Welcome back! They look so stinkin' cute and I'm glad they got a lot of attention (and you too!).

You're so sweet! But, no one has ever told me that I was H-O-T ssss, or that I look just like Demi Moore. The only celebrity I've been compared to was Pam from the Office (thank you Steph, I will treasure it always). Plus, that was just saying that the picture of me with my face mostly covered looked like Pam from the office. What I'm getting at is that my sister is gorgeous!

I MUST see your picture of Miss Piggy! I loved my Miss Piggy puppet! I used to make her say "Hy-A" and flap her arms at people all the time. Aaah..memories...

1) I think Pam from the office is gorgeous, therefor you must be as well.
2) My sister had a Miss Piggy puppet with the purple dress. I was a Kermit fan, myself. Did anyone have the John Denver + Muppets Christmas album? My parents used to play it every Christmas.

Everyone- I've been ridiculously behind because I had to make some seriously obscure POKEMON TRAINER costumes from scratch---pictures to follow (act like you know who the Sam-Hill they are!). Funny, The boys in the PokeMon demographic (ages 9-18) totally know who my boys were! I was dumfounded...but my boys thought they looked like the trainers at our church's "Trunk or Treat" last night, so I guess that's all that matters. The best part was I was able to purchase all the elements at our new DI Thrift Store for cheap and just sewed a little...I'll explain when I post the pics. A glue gun was involved at the very last because we were running late :rolleyes1

What a great idea! I wish I would have thought of that before I let my son buy a horribly scary costume and now I can't even go trick or treating with him! A Pokemon trainer would have been perfect! Please post pictures when you can so I can show him!

These are two of my Thanksgiving outfits. I've loved this pumpkin fabric for a long time, but never knew what I would do with it. Then someone posted a cute outfit on here using the same fabric along with this green and gave me these ideas.

For dd2:
th_EmmaTgiving.jpg
th_AbbyTgiving.jpg

I love these! I have a peasant top like this next on my "to-do" list. It looks great with the contrasting sleeves!

It's even more gorgeous than I imagined! Now I kind of wish I wasn't too chicken to buy the pattern when they were on sale. Tessa looks so pleased with it too!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it. :cool1: I especially love the carraige (aka upside down hidden mickey). So what size is it? Do I get dibs on it when she outgrows it??? So glad I could be of help. Wouldn't be a fellow diser if I didn't.

10-28-07twirling.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter