Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Everyone has been busy!

Lisa, great job on Zoe's Halloween costume! Very pretty!

Heather, you did a GREAT job on the Cinderella dress! Love the appliques!

Everyone's Halloween costumes have been great, and so original!

I am working on a couple of projects, but nothing is finished yet! I will try to post some pictures later this week!

DW and I did get a bunch of Christmas fabric this weekend, (all on SALE!, music to my ears!;) ) hopefully I won't be putting the finishing touches on anything the morning of Christmas Eve!:rolleyes1

Teresa, congrats on the new tag!
Thankfully the tag fairy didn't see me mention that I have turned out to be the daughter that my mother had always wanted!:scared1:

These are two of my Thanksgiving outfits. I've loved this pumpkin fabric for a long time, but never knew what I would do with it. Then someone posted a cute outfit on here using the same fabric along with this green and gave me these ideas.

For dd2:
EmmaTgiving.jpg

For dd7:
AbbyTgiving.jpg

Oh I love this! This pumpkin fabric is so darling!

It's finally done!! I'd like to thank fortheluvofpooh for getting the sparkly brown fabric for me. Without her, this dress would have no bottom ruffle. Thank you to all of you wonderfuly sweet women who went to your local WalMart in search of it, too! :grouphug: You're all so great! The outdoor pictures are sort of fuzzy and I don't know why. :confused3 I'd like to point out that this was my first zipper. If you don't look too closely, it doesn't look too bad! I still think Cinderella looks both surprised and suspicious...
10-28-07Cinderelladressoutside.jpg
10-28-07twirling.jpg

10-28-07backofpumpkindress.jpg
10-28-07appliquesonpumpkindress.jpg

10-28-07cinderellaappliquepumpkin.jpg

10-28-07castleonpumpkindress.jpg
10-28-07floweronpumpkindress.jpg

This outit is stunning, ans so origional! It may be my new favorite!

Heather! SOOO gorgeous! I love all the details and amazing applique! :cheer2:

Has any one ever seen a Snow White peasant's dress? Or a Briar Rose (Aurora) in her drab dress? I wonder things like this when I'm reading to Norah our of her Princess Collection Story book.... OH! maybe a blue Aurora? Untapped market I guess!:confused3

On Voldemort, I recently saw an auction with "Briar Rose" or Aurora in her peasant costume. Came across it by accident. It was cute!

Did anyone have the John Denver + Muppets Christmas album? My parents used to play it every Christmas.

My parents still have and we listen to it every year as we decorate the tree. I even had to buy a copy for my house so we could continue the tradition; my husband thinks I am crazy. Good memories.

Thankfully the tag fairy didn't see me mention that I have turned out to be the daughter that my mother had always wanted!:scared1:
Just wait until she/he has seen you post it again!:)

1) I think Pam from the office is gorgeous, therefor you must be as well.
2) My sister had a Miss Piggy puppet with the purple dress. I was a Kermit fan, myself. Did anyone have the John Denver + Muppets Christmas album? My parents used to play it every Christmas.

Had...try HAVE. :rotfl2: That album is something of a family 'thing' (don't ask) and was one of the first gifts my Ds received.
I have the kermit that 'eats' flies. He is so cute. It makes a buzzy sounds and then "chomp, yum, delicious"

:rotfl2: OMGosh! That would be a great one to have!

Ohhhhhh Taaaag Fairrrrryyy!!!!!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have a DIS friend Lynda ("DisneyFreak") who has a tag that says, "Married to a pretty, pretty princess" :rotfl2:

I didn't have any tags till well over 1,500 posts. Then they came in 2 batches. One time the tag fairy messed with me by changing the diet Pepsi to another soft drink :snooty:

Has anyone been tagged on THIS thread? If Teresa got tagged here, we all better start saying witty tagworthy things! The TF will probably look to see how much clamor Teresa's caused!

1. Can't get what I want off the rack
2. It's fun and I love love it
3. It is an art to me. I feel like I am creating a masterpiece when I sew.
And, I take such pride in my creations. Did you know that years ago Miss America contestants would show the fashions they made for the talent competition?
4. I love to sew for my grandchildren and see how happy they are with their special outfits.
5. I love to hear my grandchildren say, My Grandma made this for me. Just like I did when my children were young. I do it out of love.

Susan

But I did manage to finish sewing the tink shoes with that no slip slipper grip fabric. I even managed using my loser crapy sewing maching which I beat up quite often.:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:. Well I gueass I am done venting. :rolleyes1
You MUST ask for a new sewing machine for Christmas! Do you all know that her sewing machine doesn't even have those little seam guide lines!?
Where do you find that no slip grip fabric? I want to make Sawyer some footie pajamas.

Thanks Easter Bunny...Bock, bock!
WOW! This is another amaizing creation! I love it. The pumpkin fabric is just TOO CUTE. You did an awesome job. I love the ruffle on the top and the sleeves. Looks hard!
Yes, that's the commercial I was talking about!! It was so cute!
Thanks for the compliments!!

1) I think Pam from the office is gorgeous, therefor you must be as well.
2) My sister had a Miss Piggy puppet with the purple dress. I was a Kermit fan, myself. Did anyone have the John Denver + Muppets Christmas album? My parents used to play it every Christmas.
It's even more gorgeous than I imagined! Now I kind of wish I wasn't too chicken to buy the pattern when they were on sale. Tessa looks so pleased with it too!
We didn't do Christmas OR John Denver in my house growing up! Why thank you for thinking I looked gorgeous like Pam with my veil falling in my face while I'm about to topple over onto my head! I LOVE The Office. It's one of my very favorite shows. Pam and Jim...:love:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it. :cool1: I especially love the carraige (aka upside down hidden mickey). So what size is it? Do I get dibs on it when she outgrows it??? So glad I could be of help. Wouldn't be a fellow diser if I didn't.
I never noticed it's an upside down hidden Mickey!! I guess it was REALLY hidden! This dress is a cross between a size 4 (the bodice) and a size 6 (the sleeves and the rest). I ended up cutting 9" off the bottom of the dress because I didn't want it to be floor length. I don't know if I can let go of this, even after she outgrows it!! It's big enough she'll probably be able to wear it next year, too.

I absolutely :love: :love: :love: it! I must make something like this for dd7 now! She loves all things Cinderella and this will make the perfect Christmas gift! Hope you don't mind being CASEd
I would be honored!! I'm the Cinderella fan around here. Tessa's all about Ariel. Actually, she's been a little Disney rebel lately. She likes watching Strawberry Shortcake and Horseland lately.:eek:

These are two of my Thanksgiving outfits. I've loved this pumpkin fabric for a long time, but never knew what I would do with it. Then someone posted a cute outfit on here using the same fabric along with this green and gave me these ideas.

For dd2:
th_EmmaTgiving.jpg
th_AbbyTgiving.jpg

I LOVE this! I really wish I would have bought that fabric when it was available.

It's finally done!! I'd like to thank fortheluvofpooh for getting the sparkly brown fabric for me. Without her, this dress would have no bottom ruffle. Thank you to all of you wonderfuly sweet women who went to your local WalMart in search of it, too! :grouphug: You're all so great! The outdoor pictures are sort of fuzzy and I don't know why. :confused3 I'd like to point out that this was my first zipper. If you don't look too closely, it doesn't look too bad! I still think Cinderella looks both surprised and suspicious...
th_10-28-07Cinderelladressoutside.jpg
th_10-28-07twirling.jpg
th_10-28-07backofpumpkindress.jpg
th_10-28-07appliquesonpumpkindress.jpg
th_10-28-07cinderellaappliquepumpkin.jpg
th_10-28-07castleonpumpkindress.jpg
th_10-28-07floweronpumpkindress.jpg

GORGEOUS! I absolutley LOVE it! I know that your DD must be thrilled.

Thank you!! The pattern is McCalls 4888. It really wasn't too hard to make the actual dress.

That's the pattern I used for Parker's Barbie Island Princess dress too. I thought the pattern was very easy to follow as well.

BTW, Tessa's dress is gorgeous and you did an amazing job on it as well as all the applique's.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to complete the dress?

Ok, here's a question for you sewing ladies?????

How bad does it make me that I am sitting here wishing that I could play hooky from Bible study and stay home and sew????????:sad2:

I feel evil for even typing it!:scared1:

I'm not going to do it. Even though I am really psyched to start my sock monkey outfit and even though I have been running like crazy all weekend doing fall/Halloween stuff and I would love to stay in my jammies all day.

I lead it though so how bad would it be to make sure that I make everyone stay "on-track" so we get through it super fast?????:rolleyes1

There have been some super cute stuff posted lately and it's just making me want to sew sew sew!

hello all:goodvibes i have some serious catching up to do on this thread . i have officially been disney pimped/ obsessed(as my dh say's) Our trip was so much stinking fun and so awesome. i will be writting my tr soon, hopefully i can have the first part up by this weekend. :confused3 i just wanted to show you the kiddos in there pirate outfits at DCA's Mickey halloween treat party. there is a lil friend in the picture, they were a huge hit everybody kept giving them major compliments on them, (well me too
th_disneyland2324.jpg

They all look FANTASTIC! Great job on these!

th_caitynkenziehalloween.jpg

Here is a pic of my girls at their halloween party this weekend. We were at Carter Caves, KY. Caitlyn, my oldest, was Hannah Montanna, and Mackenzie was minnie. I will upload better costume pics later. I am off to bed.

Your girls are gorgeous!

For dd2:
th_EmmaTgiving.jpg

For dd7:
th_AbbyTgiving.jpg

FABULOUS! Love both of them and I like that they match but aren't exactly the same!

th_10-28-07Cinderelladressoutside.jpg
th_10-28-07twirling.jpg

th_10-28-07backofpumpkindress.jpg
th_10-28-07appliquesonpumpkindress.jpg

th_10-28-07cinderellaappliquepumpkin.jpg

th_10-28-07castleonpumpkindress.jpg
th_10-28-07floweronpumpkindress.jpg

Okay, this is beyond great! That was alot of hardwork but well worth it! Absolutely fantastic!:thumbsup2

Geesh, keeping up with this thread is like trying to get to 110 pounds... it AIN'T gonna happen!:rotfl:

That's the pattern I used for Parker's Barbie Island Princess dress too. I thought the pattern was very easy to follow as well.

BTW, Tessa's dress is gorgeous and you did an amazing job on it as well as all the applique's.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to complete the dress?

So your little girl's name is Parker? I'm glad to have a name to go with her face because she makes me giggle everytime I see her! She has the best "pose face" that I think I have ever seen. Your pics crack me up because she always has her "cheese" on and it looks like she just stops when you point the camera at her and no matter what she's in the middle of makes her face!!!!

You're gonna have to get her into cheerleading when she is a teenager!

You're so sweet! But, no one has ever told me that I was H-O-T ssss, or that I look just like Demi Moore. The only celebrity I've been compared to was Pam from the Office (thank you Steph, I will treasure it always). Plus, that was just saying that the picture of me with my face mostly covered looked like Pam from the office. What I'm getting at is that my sister is gorgeous!
You ARE gorgeous! And, even though I think Pam is gorgeous, YOU are much prettier than her.
I never would have left you all alone if it wasn't for that stinkin' nurse! I thought you must have told her that you wanted to sleep!
I believe you! :hug:

Watergate cake....mmmmmm.......
Yah.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Well, glow in the dark ricrac IS cool!
Yeah! It is! The skirt was haning on the bedpost last night, and it glowed all night! Very cool.
TeresaJoyce- SWEET NEW TAG, Sister! :hug: Very happy for you!!!!
Thank you! I also want to point out that, even though it LOOKS like I have three tags from the tag fairy, the first two were just my taglines that the tagfairy had so nicely colorized for me.

And, thanks for spelling my name right! ;)

Everyone- I've been ridiculously behind because I had to make some seriously obscure POKEMON TRAINER costumes from scratch---pictures to follow (act like you know who the Sam-Hill they are!). Funny, The boys in the PokeMon demographic (ages 9-18) totally know who my boys were! I was dumfounded...but my boys thought they looked like the trainers at our church's "Trunk or Treat" last night, so I guess that's all that matters. The best part was I was able to purchase all the elements at our new DI Thrift Store for cheap and just sewed a little...I'll explain when I post the pics. A glue gun was involved at the very last because we were running late :rolleyes1
Now, I'm sitting here wondering which Pokemon trainers you made. Misty, in honor of Spongie? :lmao:
[/QUOTE]

For dd2:
th_EmmaTgiving.jpg

For dd7:
th_AbbyTgiving.jpg
SO CUTE Deann!!!! I have the pumpkin fabric too. I love it. I think Heather might have bought some as well. :rotfl:

HeatherSue said:
WOO-HOO!!!:woohoo: I have a famous sister!!:woohoo:
Does anyone else read that last line and think of that old M&M's (I think) commercial where the little kid says "Thanks Easter Bunny"?
HEATHER!

HeatherSue said:
Thank you! I think she's gorgeous, but I may be a little biased!
Well, I think she gorgeous, and I'm not biased!

Has any one ever seen a Snow White peasant's dress? Or a Briar Rose (Aurora) in her drab dress? I wonder things like this when I'm reading to Norah our of her Princess Collection Story book.... OH! maybe a blue Aurora? Untapped market I guess!:confused3
GREAT ideas Wendy! I have always wanted to make my girls a blue Aurora dress. I think you should do it, since you are the Aurora dress expert!

YCMT just sent me new coupon codes good now until November 1:

To save $1 on your order of $10 or more, enter code: TREAT1 at checkout.
To save $5 on your order of $30 or more, enter code: TREAT5 at checkout.
(Note, each code is for a one-time user per customer)
And even better news! With your order of $40 or more, the eBook "Oh-So-Chic" aprons will automatically be added to your cart upon checkout. These make perfect gifts to give (or even keep one for yourself!) The instructions will allow you to make 2 aprons at once! PERFECT! You've been making fun things for your children...now make a little something special for YOU!

Offers expire November 1st and each coupon code is for a one-time use. Again, to receive the apron eBook, your total just needs to be $40 or more and it will AUTOMATICALLY be added to your cart.

Thanks Heather! You didn't happen to add those to the bookmarks did you?

Thanks Tom! You know, I don't think I told you how much I laughed when I read that comment of yours!!!

Has anyone been tagged on THIS thread? If Teresa got tagged here, we all better start saying witty tagworthy things! The TF will probably look to see how much clamor Teresa's caused!

Lisa, CastleCreations, got tagged a few weeks ago.

You MUST ask for a new sewing machine for Christmas! Do you all know that her sewing machine doesn't even have those little seam guide lines!?

WHAT???

We didn't do Christmas OR John Denver in my house growing up! Why thank you for thinking I looked gorgeous like Pam with my veil falling in my face while I'm about to topple over onto my head! I LOVE The Office. It's one of my very favorite shows. Pam and Jim...:love:

No Christmas, no birthday parties, no Halloween, no Easter etc.............. = Presents and candy ALL YEAR LONG!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Our friends were so jealous of us!

10-28-07twirling.jpg

See, it was worth the wait, wasn't it! This is EVEN prettier in person! Tessa was just glowing in it yesterday! Of course, she went around telling people (my Mom had a little party, so that's where we were) "My Mommy just LOVES Cinderella!"

On a side note, she also told Brian, my husband, her uncle, "I missed you Uncle Brian, I don't get to see you very often." She is such a little sweetie!

Where do you find that no slip grip fabric? I want to make Sawyer some footie pajamas.

Yes yes yes hello my name is Melissa and my I have a loser sewing machine.
Andd by the way heather thats what I got when I asked for a sewing machine last year. Thanks Grandma. The woman has sewed her whole stinking life and you would think I would need one with guide lines.:eek: And my husband wonders why my lines start out stright but vear off to the right sometimes. I get to buy a new one any one I want wihten reason when we get our taxes:woohoo: :dance3: Sew i am swooping on that.

Oh heather I did get some Of my list finished last night. And i got the none slip slipper grip at joanns you can byuy it bty and it's behind the cutting counter with the fusiable webbing and other head bond iteams. I don't know why you have to sew it on. Just ask for it and if they don't have any I have about hald a yard left I could send you.

10-28-07twirling.jpg

This is just absolutely adorable! I'm so jealous!! I want one-:thumbsup2

LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!!!!!!! I have a REALL TAG!!!!!! OH BOY!!!!! The tag fairy likes me, she really likes me!!!!!!
Yah, know, not that that's a big deal or anything. Just thought you all might not have noticed. So, I thought I'd point it out.

I'M SO STINKIN EXCITED!!!!!! YEAH! MY GLOW IN THE DARK RIC RAC IS FAMOUS NOW!!!!

Thanks tagfairy!!!!!

Congrats on the tag TJ! but it seems to me that we could have some serious sibling rivalry now that you have a tag and your sweet, loving, dedicated sister does not! So.......

Now Heather needs a tag!!!

Hmmmmmm........... I'll bet we can come up with some good ones for her- can't we ladies?

The Challenge is: if YOU were the tag fairy..... what tag would you give Heather???

Ok I give in. You guys have inspired me to give it a try. The Singer Esteem is on sale at Target for 99.00. Should I get it or save up and get the Brother one from Walmart. I think it's the Brother 6000. Keep in mind that I have no sewing experience. Thanks.

Congrats on the tag TJ! but it seems to me that we could have some serious sibling rivalry now that you have a tag and your sweet, loving, dedicated sister does not! So.......

Now Heather needs a tag!!!

Hmmmmmm........... I'll bet we can come up with some good ones for her- can't we ladies?

The Challenge is: if YOU were the tag fairy..... what tag would you give Heather???

OOOH OOOH OOOH OOH!!!! I HAVE ONE I HAVE ONE!!!!!!!

Once got her behind stuck in the toilet!

That was so funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter