Just back from WDW using MYW dining plan

I'm trying this on my upcoming trip and had a few questions. I see by your post that tip is included, but what about tax? Is there somewhere on the web I can go to get more detailed information regarding this, such as what is included in a meal? Is it an appetizer, dinner, dessert & drinks? What about counter service? Can you get multiple items at counter service, such as a hot dog, fries, a drink & a dessert?

Terk-1 said:
I'm trying this on my upcoming trip and had a few questions. I see by your post that tip is included, but what about tax? Is there somewhere on the web I can go to get more detailed information regarding this, such as what is included in a meal? Is it an appetizer, dinner, dessert & drinks? What about counter service? Can you get multiple items at counter service, such as a hot dog, fries, a drink & a dessert?
See the touring plans link posted by pmtaylor in post #213 above for some information to get you started. Somewhere earlier in this thread someone else posted a link to the official Disney MYW Dining brochure but if you can't find it I believe you can also access it through the official Disney website. (Maybe someone can post it again). I think the above link addresses the questions you had. It's a good plan and really no "hidden" costs.

Do you think they will allow us to trade two single serve popcorns for one big one? My kids love those buckets and they are great to keep all of their small souvenirs in. Just a thought. :rolleyes2

Has this been confirmed yet?

What exactly can you use the snack vouchers for? I know it says ice cream or popcorn, but what sizes, and there are a lot of different types of 'ice cream.' Anyone try using it for dole whips or anything else that is 'ice cream based?' Just trying to see what all the options are. Thanks :)

SRUAlmn said:
Has this been confirmed yet?

What exactly can you use the snack vouchers for? I know it says ice cream or popcorn, but what sizes, and there are a lot of different types of 'ice cream.' Anyone try using it for dole whips or anything else that is 'ice cream based?' Just trying to see what all the options are. Thanks :)

From what I have read here: It is just the single serving of popcorn and you can't use them on the Dole Whips.

Some updates: looks like new restaurants have been added and someone reported recently they successfully used the MYW Dining plan for the Fantasmic dinner package. :cool1:

Any new reports from those of you here who have used the plan??

Wow, never thought I would get through this thread before morning. ;)

Thanks for all the great help here. I'm looking forward to using the plan when we go in July. It makes a lot of sense to use it and planning a little before you go helps too.

Wow, thanks for all the great posts. I really appreciate all the info. Now I have to sift through our receipts from last year and see if it will be worth it for us in November. The biggest problem is DS10 who has to pay adult price but only eats from the children's menu. But thanks for the suggestions of saving his credits and paying cash for children's items, and using his credits for our signature meals.

I just want to make sure I understand the Dining Plan correctly. I can use the counter service for breakfast, for example, at Mara at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom.

Thanks,
Kathy

YES THe counter service does include dessert. Lots of food- some places the portions are big enough to split a meal so you can stretch out those counter service meals. We loved the concourse steakhouse, but then again our steaks were cooked right, would have been diffrent it they were overcooked. Also loved whispering canyon at the WL - great value LOTS of food - bill over 100 for two people well worth the 35.00 I spent on the dining plan.

ALSO don't forget if you use your counter service meal plan for breakfast it still INCLUDES dessert. I often choose those rice krispy micky mouse bars on a stick with the ears dipped in chocolate, kept them in the room for afternoon snack, but you can choose anything that you would usually choose with luch.

Liz said:
A couple of more questions if you don't mind (don't you love being one of the first guinea pigs to use this plan!) :earsboy:

Are all the meals put on one card? I'm a little confused about that. If there's myself, DH, and two teens when we check out would we just give them one card to take care of the meals?

Do you think it would be allowed to use some meals to "buy" dinner for someone who isn't in your room and not on the plan? For instance using 6 dinners at once when there are four people in a room on the plan and two people off-site?

Thanks! You're being a great help!! :wave:

We were able to buy dinner for my father and his wife the second week of July using the plan.

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
I am DYING to know the answer to this!

Since they don't separate the kids meals from the adults meals how on earth did you keep track of what your credits were?

With two 7-year-olds half of your credits would have technically been good ONLY for kids meals. Did you find that confusing?

On our recent trip DS and I shared lunches a couple of days, meaning the credits left from us sharing an adult meal would have been "kid meal" credits. (We weren't on the plan, I am trying to figure it out for next time.) But the "bank" of meals doesn't say what kind of meals you have left. Was that a problem for you all or did you always order 2 adult and 2 kid meals? Thanks!

I am sure I will get flamed, but here goes. You don't have to keep track of what type of credits you have left. The card does not distinguish between child and adult credits that are left to use.

Some may feel that is wrong, but if we had four credits left when we went two weeks ago, I never thought twice about whether they were adult or child credits beause Disney doesn't require me or the computer system to keep track of it.

Go ahead...flame away...I'm standing in a sprinkler!

ksjayhawkfan said:
I want to ask this just to make sure I understand it correctly....

If I have the dining plan and want to pay cash for my kids' meals to save credits, is that allowed? The way Im reading it, it is ok, but I want to make sure :)

We had no problem doing it two weeks ago, but don;t come back here and report that you did or you will have feel a bit toasty...if you know what I mean!

Excited2Go2Disney said:
Do you think they will allow us to trade two single serve popcorns for one big one? My kids love those buckets and they are great to keep all of their small souvenirs in. Just a thought. :rolleyes2

We tried...it didn't work.

Hey I found out that you can't poole your credits anymore, or you soon wont be or whatever. So can you still use your credits however you want to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter