Just back from WDW using MYW dining plan

dis2cruise said:
at what age do they consider a child? i just called up wdw and they said my kids would be 9.99 but they are 11 and 13.
cheryl

On the dining plan, children are ages 3-9 for the $9.99 price.

dis2cruise said:
at what age do they consider a child? i just called up wdw and they said my kids would be 9.99 but they are 11 and 13.
cheryl

To be charged the child price for the plan they have to be between the ages of 3-9 so your 11 & 13 would be charged $35 per day each

The age thing is why we are doing the meal plan this year. My oldest will be 9 when we go, so in future years, he will be charged the $35. There is no way that we would come out ahead (or break even) with this finicky eater being charged $35 (the adult charge).

So, we will buy the plan this year and then wait for 5-6 years to buy the dining plan again.

I made PS for the fantasmic dining package at H & V today, and was told that I could not use my MYW dining plan for this but kept my PS anyway. Things could change, plus I have heard others say that they paid $10 extra when they got there for this. If anyone finds out for sure, I'd love to know. Thanks! ::MickeyMo

new kid- I am wondering the same thing!! Is fantasmic included?

if not we might combine 2 sit downs for a signature and just pay for H&V fantasmic..i think we will be getting more bang for the buck because a sinature can be $150 plus...if they make you add $10 pp it is not worth it!

anyone actually try it yet with fantasmic??? the agent told me on the phone that you could use it, tho i've read everywhere you can't. just wondering what would happen if you tried!

did anyone hear about disney including more restaurants in the future?

please post if there is! :Pinkbounc

Sorry, I don't have any answers on the Fantasmic dinner package. There still seems to be a lot of convoluted information.

But have seen mentioned on other threads that Disney's revising the restaurant list to include more dining options. :goodvibes

Pea-n-Me said:
But have seen mentioned on other threads that Disney's revising the restaurant list to include more dining options. :goodvibes

Glad to hear that! I would love to see more Epcot restaurants join up!

Can anyone confirm this....I'm guessing you can't share the buffett or family style meals, correct?

My Dh has had lapband surgery, and can barely eat anything. (he gets full after 1/2 of a child's portion of food) We plan on sharing at the meals where you order off the menu, but think the buffets won't be worth it. (since he can't eat more than several bites)

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Peg :smooth:

sleepycor said:
did anyone hear about disney including more restaurants in the future?

please post if there is! :Pinkbounc

I think that they have already started to add. The Pepper Market wasn't on the original list, but has been added since the start date. :banana:

momof2disprincesses said:
Here's a question I haven't seen yet. When we are on vacation, we normally eat breakfast and dinner only. We'll be staying at WL in Aug. and I'm debating whether or not to add the meal plan to our package.

Does anyone know what you get for breakfast if you use counter service, like at Roaring Forks?

Also, we typically aren't real big eaters and often share meals, especially at Disney (there portions are often so huge). Could you say use 2 counter service meals for breakfast and share them among a family of 4 and then do the same for lunch? With counter service, how would they know how many are in your party?

If you go to Roaring Forks for breakfast, you would get a beverage, a breakfast platter (scrambled eggs, or a breakfast sandwich, etc.) and then for a dessert you could get a muffin, danish or maybe even fruit. We just got back from WDW and used the plan one morning for breakfast because we had shared a CS lunch a couple times and saved up some credits. By being able to get a danish in addition to a breakfast, it allowed us to use 2 credits for 3 people for breakfast.

WDWBetsy said:
I think it's a good deal, too. Tell your wife she gets the dessert with the counter service AND table service meals. So twice a day! :banana:

Sometimes a CM will let you get fruit salad for dessert, and some CS places have jello and other fun stuff. Often, we got cookies and took them back to the room for later.

schrodstrip said:
I really don't want to be tied down to being at a resturaunt at a certian time, and only want to do this for two of our meals. (which the plan seems to be worth it even for 2) So what happens if you end up eating counter service every meal? Do you run out and then have to use the rest at long sitdown dinners?

If you don't like sit down restaurants, the plan is not for you. You will lose money on it. You cannot use the sit down options for counter service. You might also lose money if you use your sit downs for breakfast or lunch. We ate at places like Kona Cafe, Boma, Sci Fi and Biergarten and were in and out in an hour. I don't like to waste time eating when I can be walking around, but using the plan allowed us to try some really great places and to save an incredible amount of money.

eddieras said:
well, after reading thru ALL 11 pages- i'm suprised no one has asked this question---

can you add the dining option to a package already booked??

thanks=--! and what's the final consensus on FDP?? can you use it or not with the plan =- we have PS for Brown Derby

thanks!

Yes you can. We did just that for our trip last week.

SRUAlmn said:
I thought Le Cellier was one ???? I'll be bummed if it's not. Pretzel bread and cheese soup- YUM!

Le Cellier is on the plan but requires two sit down credits. I will say that we had the pretzel bread at both CRT and Biergarten for dinner.

If you want to do Le Cellier, one idea is to share a couple CS meals and plan on having one CS dinner. Then take the two sit down credits you saved by eating a CS meal and use them as your 2 extra credits for Le Cellier.

henrylovespooh said:
Le Cellier is on the plan but requires two sit down credits. I will say that we had the pretzel bread at both CRT and Biergarten for dinner.

If you want to do Le Cellier, one idea is to share a couple CS meals and plan on having one CS dinner. Then take the two sit down credits you saved by eating a CS meal and use them as your 2 extra credits for Le Cellier.

What table service restaurants did you eat at? Did you have trouble with PS since you added the plan once you got there?

We got back from WDW yesterday. :guilty:

We used the dining plan and loved it. We paid $80 per day for 2 adults and 1 3 year old. We also have a 2 year old who was not able to use the plan. We ended up not using a couple snack credits, but we had already saved so much by using the plan that I didn't care. I think if it was hotter we would have gotten more bottles of water, but it was warm and I wasn't that thirsty.

Here are the three glitches we encountered:

1) At Boma, the waiter accidentally charged us for our 2 year old DD - she looks like a 3 year old. I didn't catch the error right away, but I went to Guest Services the next day and they credited me back the meal - no questions asked.

2) For some reason, when you get a snack from a snack cart, they have to ring every snack up separately. The CM I spoke with hopes they will fix this glitch. I would suggest either telling the CM when you place your order so they can be ringing up the snacks while they fill the order, or having a couple people in your party get in line to get the snacks. If you order snacks at your hotel food court, you can do them all at once, I think.

3) At the Earl of Sandwich, I was told that I was limited to $8.50 per person. My total for 3 meals was $24.50 so it didn't matter, but I did think it was odd.

On a few occasions we shared CS lunch meals (me and DD 2 and DH and DS 3) and then used our saved credits on shared breakfasts. When ordering a breakfast on the plan, we got a beverage, a breakfast platter (pancakes, eggs, or waffles with bacon or sausage) and a danish or muffin for dessert. I ate the danish and shared the platter with my 3 year old and DH shared a platter and muffin with our 2 year old. It allowed us to make more use of the plan and it lessened the amount of food.

We timed our meals so that lunch was around 11:30 and dinner was around 6 p.m. I thought we got more value out of Kona Cafe and CRT (dinner) because the cost of the appetizer, entree and dessert was about $35 per person. But even with the character meals and other buffets, I think we did very well saving money.

To answer some questions I've read on this thread, I was able to track my meal credits by both lookin on my receipt and by going to Guest Services for a print out of my credits and used meals. The credits never broke out kids' meals from adult meals. I know we ordered more adult CS meals than kid meals because some places didn't have chicken nuggets as a kids meal but had it as an adult meal. We never had a problem. That was never an issue with the sit down meals.

I never felt restricted by using the plan. l liked all the restaurants we selected. (Boma, CRT, Kona Cafe, Sci-Fi, Crystal Palace, Biergarten, Chef Mickey's, Columbia Harbour House, ASMo food court, Sommerfest, Flame Tree barbecue). We go to WDW every two years, so if there was a restaurant we didn't do this trip, we can try it the next trip.

For snacks, we had popcorn, frozen fruit bars, soda and water.

I thought the $10 charge for my 3 year old was just fine, because often he shared his meal with his 2 year old sister, so feeding 2 kids for $10 a day is a bargain anywhere you go.

Overall, I liked the plan and estimate we saved at least $150 by using it. If you have any questions, let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter