Jungle Book/Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout thread for Dates After Sept 5th

So with the Dining Package for Rivers of Light being available now starting May 1, 2017, I'm really disappointed. We're going twice between now and then, expecting to spend the evening at AK at least one of those two trips and now neither trip will offer that to us, unless this May 1 date is an exceedingly pessimistic estimate.

What I find odd is that for many days within the 180 day booking window, especially Oct-Dec dates, Tusker House is fully booked. How are they going to offer dining packages if there are no available tables? I can't imagine they held back a material amount of tables "just in case" the show was finished. It seems there can't be that many dining packages available for those going in 2016, unless they allow conversions, which there isn't a precedent for that I'm aware of. popcorn::

I am thinking the same thing. maybe the dining packages won't be available immediately but a while after ROL starts.
In the Spring with the Jungle Book show they may have held back ADR expecting to have ROL dining packages for booking.

We have a TH breakfast ADR on our AK day in November that I booked at 180 days, would love to be able to "convert it" to a dining package but know that is not likely. we are eating there either way.

I'm kinda stuck on this one...it's Boma for dinner if no RoL dining package and I can't find a way to squeeze in Boma any other time.

That's what we did in September because Boma is DH's fave. We went over to AK and did a few things and watched the Tree of Life.

I have a question about late December. What time do you think the Tree of Life projections will start at AK? The park is only open until 8 pm.
Anyone have a guess. I can't move a dinner and now it's when Holiday Wishes is at MK so I'm thinking leave AK early and hit MK on another night.

I will say this if it helps...DH and DD love Boma and they did Tusker House in August and Boma. They said they were both excellent. It was the first time they did Tusker House not at breakfast. I have severe food allergies so I didn't see what was offered at Tusker House. I cannot eat out anywhere anymore so I can go to Boma and see what they eat, but with the characters at Tusker House I cannot attend with them because I'd have to pay for a meal that I cannot eat. Anyway...they are both pretty picky and they liked both. They said they couldn't pick between the two. Their opinion of course.

We had dinner at Tusker House this last trip, and it was fantastic. It may very well be my favorite meal of the trip. The food was delicious. The curry was quite good -- not a hot curry, but very nice favor. My kids loved the salmon. Really good character interaction as well, and as I often say: Safari Donald Duck is BEST Donald Duck.

Rumor is end of November. This will be a nightmare to book getting through on the phone or online. I remember when BoG opened and it was total insanity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter