Jungle Book/Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout thread for Dates After Sept 5th

scrappinginontario

Since the other thread I stared was helpful while waiting for the initial Jungle Book Dining Packages to be offered, I decided to start another one for those of us who will be visiting AK after September 5th and are still hoping to secure either a Jungle Book or Rivers of Light Dining Package for our visit.

We don't know if Jungle Book will be extended after September 5th or if they will possibly switch it over to Rivers of Light but, it's helpful to have a place to keep track of the latest offerings of the Dining Package.

Please feel free to follow this thread and we'll post updated information here as it's released.

Waiting here. Got everything for my June trip now to wait for the September trip. Oh what it must be like to not have to wait for things to come out for a trip.

We don't know if Jungle Book will be extended after September 5th or if they will possibly switch it over to Rivers of Light

1) Jungle Book is "supposed" to stop when RoL starts.
2) From what we hear, Jungle is just a stop-gap due to technical problems with RoL.

1) Jungle Book is "supposed" to stop when RoL starts.
2) From what we hear, Jungle is just a stop-gap due to technical problems with RoL.

Yes, I understand this. What I was referring to is that there is no information at this time as to what will happen after September 5th.
- Will Jungle Book be extended if Rivers of Light is not yet ready?
- If Rivers if Light is ready, will there be a shutdown time required for Disney to switch shows?
- If they require a shutdown period how long will it be.

Answers are not available to these questions now and probably won't be for some time. I was just alluding to the thought that at some time there will probably be a gap of dates between Jungle Book and Rivers of Light where there will be no shows and in turn no Dinner Packages either.

I could be wrong but I would be shocked if they could show Jungle Book one night and immediately change it to Rivers of Light the very next day.

Joining the Watch! Hoping or ROL package by our trip--Sept. 10th. I have Tiffin Ressies but will try to change to a ROL package if it comes out in time. I also would love to get to see ROL twice on our trip, that would be wonderful.
When we went to Disneyland a few years by we booked two different Dining Package for World of Color and was so glad we did. Our first time seeing WOC was Amazing we had to see it again. WOC at DL was crazy crowded and the only way we would have gotten to see properly was by doing the Dining package, I wonder how crowded and difficult to see ROL not having a ROL will be?

Last edited:
- If Rivers if Light is ready, will there be a shutdown time required for Disney to switch shows?
- If they require a shutdown period how long will it be.

I could be wrong but I would be shocked if they could show Jungle Book one night and immediately change it to Rivers of Light the very next day.
Read in another thread that at Epcot they will be able to switch to the New Soaring very quickly like one day but not sure how complicated it will be for them to switch to ROL.

Read in another thread that at Epcot they will be able to switch to the New Soaring very quickly like one day but not sure how complicated it will be for them to switch to ROL.

You're quite right that Soarin' can be switched overnight (will be doing so in June) as it is a projection but with Jungle Book and Rivers of Light being large scale productions I would believe it would take additional time to change lighting, special effects, barges, etc. I'm only going from how long I know it takes the technical team at our church to set up for productions.

Here's hoping whenever it happens it's quick and if it happens overnight even better!! :)

You're quite right that Soarin' can be switched overnight (will be doing so in June) as it is a projection but with Jungle Book and Rivers of Light being large scale productions I would believe it would take additional time to change lighting, special effects, barges, etc. I'm only going from how long I know it takes the technical team at our church to set up for productions.

Here's hoping whenever it happens it's quick and if it happens overnight even better!! :)

For Disney and their set up it can be done in a matter of hours. It is possible that they are testing the show when the park is closed and will save the lighting and video ques and all they have to do is upload it to the system and run a few tests. So the official 1st show may not be on the 6th of September but they could be doing previews by then.

I think of the Met here in NYC that can switch over shows over night and be playing many high caliber performances in one season with 0 down time. Disney is a master at using down time to get things programmed. Even with Soarin they will need to be in the system programming the ride and special effects (scent timing) before it is launched. They are probably doing that at night when the park is closed and might have a CM only test after hours just to make sure everything works just right. It isn't just a simple change of DVD and start it running again either but they can do it.

For Disney and their set up it can be done in a matter of hours. It is possible that they are testing the show when the park is closed and will save the lighting and video ques and all they have to do is upload it to the system and run a few tests. So the official 1st show may not be on the 6th of September but they could be doing previews by then.

I think of the Met here in NYC that can switch over shows over night and be playing many high caliber performances in one season with 0 down time. Disney is a master at using down time to get things programmed. Even with Soarin they will need to be in the system programming the ride and special effects (scent timing) before it is launched. They are probably doing that at night when the park is closed and might have a CM only test after hours just to make sure everything works just right. It isn't just a simple change of DVD and start it running again either but they can do it.

Thanks! I hadn't realized they could do things that quickly! Sure hope it's that way with the JB/RoL changeover!!

I'm guessing most everything is already in place, since the RoL switch to Jungle book was pretty on the fly. I read somewhere that it was a float or sprayer issue can't remember. I'm guessing it could be done relatively quickly. We are planning Jungle book at beginning of trip and hoping for RoL at end. Can't wait for in park restaurants to extend hours that week!

We arrive on the 14th September.

I'm worried there's going to be a period of transition with no show between Jungle Book and Rivers of Light finally arriving! I also have zero faith that Disney will keep us updated in a timely fashion.

Since the other thread I stared was helpful while waiting for the initial Jungle Book Dining Packages to be offered, I decided to start another one for those of us who will be visiting AK after September 5th and are still hoping to secure either a Jungle Book or Rivers of Light Dining Package for our visit.

We don't know if Jungle Book will be extended after September 5th or if they will possibly switch it over to Rivers of Light but, it's helpful to have a place to keep track of the latest offerings of the Dining Package.

Please feel free to follow this thread and we'll post updated information here as it's released.
Thank-you so much for starting this thread!:) We will be there in the middle of November and an ROL dining package is the last ADR we need! Also we are from Ontario!:thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter