Jungle Book/Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout thread for Dates After Sept 5th

we were there in August and Rivers of Light was TERRIBLE!! I will say Tiffins was great and upscale dining for a change. The show made no sense dancing was all over the place with no continuity. They really need to get their ducks in a row because it is BAD.

You did not see Rivers of Light. It has not started. You saw Jungle Book Alive.

That has since closed, which is a good thing. It was bad.

NOW the question is will some of those bad components be in ROL, let's hope not.

And will they fix the water walls so they work and the projections so they are more than some blurry light.

Last edited:
The 10/16 rumor that is floating about...is that an opening date rumor? We're leaving the morning of the 16th so I'm curious that if that date ends up being correct, would we have a chance of soft opens while we're there? Or would the rumored 16th be for soft opens?

Im not going until March. Lets assume ROL is up and running.

Do I.....

Book a dinner at Tuffins at my 180? Is there a specific dining package I need to book at 180? Do I book dinner, then get a FP for viewing ROL?

Thanks

Im not going until March. Lets assume ROL is up and running.

Do I.....

Book a dinner at Tuffins at my 180? Is there a specific dining package I need to book at 180? Do I book dinner, then get a FP for viewing ROL?

Thanks
Yes there is a specific dinner package. Simply booking Tiffins will NOT get you reserved seating for the show. Much like "Fantasmic! Dinner Package" at HS, you should look for a "Rivers of Light Dining Package"

For me, this would the be preferred method for reserved seating at ROL as it would not take one of your 3 Fast Pass+.

Yes there is a specific dinner package. Simply booking Tiffins will NOT get you reserved seating for the show. Much like "Fantasmic! Dinner Package" at HS, you should look for a "Rivers of Light Dining Package"

For me, this would the be preferred method for reserved seating at ROL as it would not take one of your 3 Fast Pass+.

Thanks. I havent read much about this. One more question....is the rumor that this show will be every night, or only on select nights? My 180 is in a few days and I will leave my AK night free just in case.

Yes there is a specific dinner package. Simply booking Tiffins will NOT get you reserved seating for the show. Much like "Fantasmic! Dinner Package" at HS, you should look for a "Rivers of Light Dining Package".

Just to clarify, it's expected that a Rivers of Light dinner package will be made available but I don't believe it's available yet.

I agree that if one becomes available you will need to reserve the actual dining package and not just a Tiffins reservation but at this time those packages have not yet officially been announced or made available.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just to clarify, it's expected that a Rivers of Light dinner package will be made available but I don't believe it's available yet.

I agree that if one becomes available you will need to reserve the actual dining package and not just a Tiffins reservation but at this time those packages have not yet officially been announced or made available.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
yes all true. I was responding to the post that started with, "I am not going until March. Let's assume ROL is up and running."

I can see how my response could be misleading for those that didn't read the post I quoted. Thank you.:-)

My fastpasses are next week. I am becoming impatient!

Mine were today! And, we're planning to do AK on Xmas Day - so no pressure Disney!

I've just put in a placeholder at the moment but will cancel it for RoL if it ever gets sorted!

Mine were today! And, we're planning to do AK on Xmas Day - so no pressure Disney!

I've just put in a placeholder at the moment but will cancel it for RoL if it ever gets sorted!

Oh my word! What a day to have to re-arrange plans if needed! I just wish they would tell us something concrete.

you can't book online, but I noticed that the package is again searchable on the Disney website "Rivers of Light" with dates starting tonight. The website says that you have to call to book.

Don't forget that they will probably allow River of Light as a Fast Pass like the other night time shows, so if you don't want to rearrange your dining, you can always try to bag a FP+. We have our reservations for Yak & Yeti for our long AK day, and I don't want to change that, so I will probably go the FP+ route if it is available to us. However, that might not work for Christmas Day!!

What I find odd is that for many days within the 180 day booking window, especially Oct-Dec dates, Tusker House is fully booked. How are they going to offer dining packages if there are no available tables? I can't imagine they held back a material amount of tables "just in case" the show was finished. It seems there can't be that many dining packages available for those going in 2016, unless they allow conversions, which there isn't a precedent for that I'm aware of. popcorn::

you can't book online, but I noticed that the package is again searchable on the Disney website "Rivers of Light" with dates starting tonight. The website says that you have to call to book.
I called first thing this morning & the CM couldn't find the dining package on her end yet. On the description on that dining page it says "Starting May 1" so I think they just copied & pasted something from earlier this year... It's a start though! I'm stalking it for Dec!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter