July 30, 2009 Wonder

OK....This is us:

Me, Lisa :yay:

Hubby Kyle :badpc:

DD, Camryn (8) princess:

also not sure what stateroom, but assigned second dining for now.

Myself 41
wife martha 37
sons gabe 8 and matt 13

second trip to disney world, staying CSR prior to cruise...first disney cruise, 11 th cruise over all...would love to meet for sail away drink or something with everyone...we are big sports fans and foodies.

We are from L.A.

If we get a few more families signed up someone can plan a dis meet. Not sure if anyone wants to do the FE gift exchange at this late date-it is fun coming back to the gifts each day, but packing them can be a pain.

We have 2 more agents and their families... will that help - I know they would love it... but I have never done that so you will have to elaborate it for me..lol

there are many posts on the FE--fish extenders-people use bags or home made hanging pouches, hanging from the fish outside cabin door. Some really decorate them-others use something simple. those who participate make or buy a gift to give to the others who sign up. Some great home made gifts on the sites. I am not crafty and usually buy something. Most gifts are inexpensive.
If you look on the boards there are many posts showig the FE and the gifts received. We would participate if others are interested, but I don't want the responsibility of making the decision. I can post the names of those who want to on the first post and mark FE next to their name if people want to do it.
one cruise we had 10 rooms participate-the last time close to 30. The smaller number was so much easier-the last cruise it took forever just to give out the gifts-and took up a large part of a suitcase.

For those who don't have a cabin assignment, on our last cruise they gave their cabin number at a Dis meet we had in the promenade lounge around 3 after boarding. This was a good idea if everyone wants to meet for a drink before the muster drill. Everyone introduced themselves. On that cruise we also did a gift swap that day.

I am open to whatever anyone wants to do-just let me know.

I am getting very excited. oping I won't be disappointed by the cruise being three nights only-I intend to be sure to enjoy every minute of it.

WE ended up with Cat 11 upgrade from 12 (woo hoo)...paid 2500 for 4 of us....hoping to get a better upgrade when we get there.....we booked several months ago....

Hello fellow cruisers!

Just booked this cruise today - this time it will just be my husband & I - no kids! I am sooo looking forward to Serenity Bay and quiet time. I am not even going to tell my kids we are doing a Disney cruise because they will be so upset.
I am also a travel agent traveling on the discounted rate. The air was surprisingly low as well so we just had to grab it!

welcome to everyone new. I am getting very excited to get away. If anyone wants their names posted on the cruise list please post it here and I will add it to the first page. Also if anyone wants to do a meetup or FE gift exchange post here and hopefully someone will coordinate it.

Hi everyone! I just booked w/TA rate today (couldn't pass that up!)! It's just DH and me, in an Inside guarantee.

I also reserved the Country Inn & Suites for the night before, and we'll just leave our car there and take their shuttle.

:cool1:

Hi everyone! I just booked w/TA rate today (couldn't pass that up!)! It's just DH and me, in an Inside guarantee.

I also reserved the Country Inn & Suites for the night before, and we'll just leave our car there and take their shuttle.

:cool1:

We also booked the CIS for the night before. We will not arrive until late since our flight does not leave PGH until 7:15-if it is on time. I considered staying at the Hyatt, but wanted to be close to the port in the morning

I was suprised to see our cruise docs came yesterday--it's almost here!!

Chris when do you leave for WDW?

Hello fellow cruisers!

Just booked this cruise today - this time it will just be my husband & I - no kids! I am sooo looking forward to Serenity Bay and quiet time. I am not even going to tell my kids we are doing a Disney cruise because they will be so upset.
I am also a travel agent traveling on the discounted rate. The air was surprisingly low as well so we just had to grab it!

I booked on the TA rate as well. Can't beat that deal:thumbsup2

Well, I am not a travel agent, so no great deal for me. :sad2:

I know--it makes you jealous when you pay full price and then everyone else get TA, Mil and Florida rates. Maybe those who pay full price will get an upgrade--I think that's just the two of us!!

Sounds like the Wonder will be full of TAs.

I'm sorry you guys! I know a lot of travel agents are posting that we got a great deal, and it sounds great, but really, travel agents usually don't get too many travel deals to places we really want to go to. Or if there is a "deal", it's a trip where we can't bring our families along. For me, there are a lot of downsides to my job like a lagging economy that affects the amount of money I make, difficulty in actually taking the time off to travel and the fact that when I can take a few days off I almost always have to work anyway!

So when I get to take advantage of a special offered to our industry and it's for something I really want to do, it's a pretty rare and exciting thing!

I'm sorry you guys! I know a lot of travel agents are posting that we got a great deal, and it sounds great, but really, travel agents usually don't get too many travel deals to places we really want to go to. Or if there is a "deal", it's a trip where we can't bring our families along. For me, there are a lot of downsides to my job like a lagging economy that affects the amount of money I make, difficulty in actually taking the time off to travel and the fact that when I can take a few days off I almost always have to work anyway!

So when I get to take advantage of a special offered to our industry and it's for something I really want to do, it's a pretty rare and exciting thing!

not to be difficult, but the lagging economy,making less, and having to work, affect many-if not all of us-I am self employed, so when I take time off I do not make any money-or get vacation pay, etc.

I just think those of us who did not get any type of deal, feel cheated by DCL that others can book the same cruise for remarkably less. If you went to a nice restaurant to eat and payed $100 and heard everyone around you talking about only having to pay $50, you would most likely feel like you were taken advantage of.

I am cool with the TA folks getting good deals....its part of the job...I paid 2500 bucks for this cruise for 2 adults and 2 kids in a category 12! I am also spending 7 days prior at CSR but got the 7 days for 4 days deal (3300 without air from L.A.)....I figure it works out....

I have been a food and travel writer- TV host for a few years now....in the beginning you hardly make much money, but you get to eat really well and take some fun trips at a reduced cost... I barely broke even the first few years (I have a "real" job to pay the bills)....but my wife was always ok with it, cause we got to do some pretty fun things so I could write about them.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter