July 30, 2009 Wonder

BethA

DIS Veteran
Am I the only one on this cruise??

Maybe we can upgrade to the Walt suite if we are all alone on the boat.

I know thread for shorter cruises are not as active, but I thought someone would be out there
Beth

CRUISE LIST:

-Beth
Brandon-age 13
Mary Beth-sister in law
Pittsburgh,PA
main dining

- Angie
Hubby - Tim
Oldest son CK- 9
Monkey n the middle Daughter - Taylor 7
Youngest Cody-Just turned 2!
Michigan

-Chris- 41
wife martha 37
sons gabe 8 and matt 13
from LA

- Lisa
Hubby Kyle
DD, Camryn (8)
also not sure what stateroom, but assigned second dining for now.

------
Stacy
Pete
Nicholas - 7
------
Brooke
Ivonne
Diego
Lucas-2
--------
Patti
Jimmy
Alex-8
Zackary-7
Abigail-5
--------
Angel
Len
Payton-11
Brooke-9
--------

Mary Belle and Brian

I am going along with my wife and 2 boys 13 and 8...we are staying at Coronado Springs for 7 days prior....cant wait to relax on that island...still thinking about what tour to take in the Bahamas

glad we are not alone-it will be myself and my sister-in-law, and my 13 yr old som. (my husband has to work)
We are staying close to the port the night before and just one night after at WL.
I am not sure if we will go to Atlantis or not--we may just relax onboard.

I wonder if the ship still has a lot of space left

I think its pretty full....we have done 10 carnival cruises before but first time on Disney...My 13 yr old Matt is pretty excited to do the teen club....and we are excited he will not be hanging around us!

I wanted to go last year when we stayed at All Star Sports but didnt, this year it was a must do...I mean we are flying all the way from L.A. so why not!

we have never cruised with Carnival, but have done 3 cruises with RC. We have cruised Disney 13 times, but this is the first time it is only a 3 day. Just got off the Magic last Saturday and Brandon thought it would be fun to do this cruise with people from the Disney channel on it. We had a credit to pay for the airfare and are still debating what type of cabin to get.

If your son would like to meet up with Brandon to go to the teen area let me know.

I am sure Matt would like another guy his age to hang with...he makes friends pretty easy....we are big NFL and Soccer fans...and foodies as well...I write a blog about our adventures for soccer at "chivasusafans.wordpress"...(you have to add the www and .com at the end...the software wont let me post a link) and its got lots of videos etc...so you can get to "know" us....there is a link to our NFL blog as well with more videos of our bears and packers trips.. we are all about having a good time and getting the most out of life....

My wife is a Steelers fan if that helps..

Chris

I guess your wife was cheering for the Steelers this past season!

Keep in touch until the cruise--it's odd no other dis families on on this sailing-is you have any DCL questions let me know
Beth

I have tons of ?....like the castaway cay....we just want to relax with the boys going to respective beaches for at least half the day....is that possible? our 8 yr old is into dinosaurs big time....is that dig thing on the beach cool? Also, have you done tours in Nassau yet? We are thinking of either blackbeards stingray or doing the snorkel and sail.....thoughts? I told Matt our 13 yr old that you guys had a sone the same age as he is...he said "cool"....

the dinosaur dig is i the kids area-not very different from the dino dig they have at AK, but he might find it fun while you relax.
We have not done those excursions. We are considering Atlantis but not sure if I want Brandon running around doing all those slides by himself. The Beach at CC, has an adults only section where you could relax while the boys go do thing with their age groups. They have a pavillion for the kids with games and beach volleyball-also some teen excursions

Matt is looking forward to the teen beach....Atlantis would be neat, but at 160 bucks...or 100 for the beach tour with no pool....too much for me!

I thought about trying to get a sailboat charter and go sailing and snorkeling with a small group....I just want to aviod the cattle car snorkel trips

I think you can do Atlantis cheaper by booking a room at the comfort suites-there are several threads about it--for the cost of the room 4 people can use all the facilities at Atlantis.

It was 200 bucks....not bad as its about the cost of doing a trip...but I dont know if My wife is into that....I am though, that place looks pretty cool (atlantis that is)

anyone else joining us? I saw they changed the clebrities on here since I first looked. should I know who KSM is?

Well, I looked them up online and it seems that they are an all girl rock group. My daughter listened to them online and said they were really good.

I like your Baltic logo--I wish my family would agree to go, but the posting are talking about high air fare, so I can claim for once I am saving money if we skip the Baltic

I know it is killing me. I am pretty cheap or "frugal" about most things, and the cost of this trip is constantly weighing on my mind.

I know it is killing me. I am pretty cheap or "frugal" about most things, and the cost of this trip is constantly weighing on my mind.

still plenty of time for airfare to go down-or to switch to a 5 night Wonder cruise. We had been booked ona med cruise the last time, but I got too nervous about the cost and did a RC instead.

With the July 30th Wonder I did it becaue we had the onboard booking discount and when I got home and checked air fare it was the lowest in years and we had a credit from the June 13th trip since the cost of SW went down. I am now debating if we will do any excursions-the one that is the gardena nd city tour might be our choice-or we may enjoy the ship all day. I was surprised to get main dining booking so close, and we are still waiting for cabin assignment

Well, I did not get much of a discount, imho. I am looking forward to it though. A little time alone with my DD, away from all distractions. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter