John and Kevin's Big Christmas in Italy Adventure

so now i've "met" someone who didn't fall in love with florence :goodvibes
i've loved it ever since i spent a month there when i was 14 years old...
Well, see, I was only there for one day. There's definitely a chance that if I was there for a month, I'd get to know it & love it, too! One day is definitely not enough.

Sayhello

Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time !!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to share with us. I can't wait to hear more on the podcast!

Laurie

I'm really enjoying your trip updates - especially about Florence. My DH and I will be there for 2 days before a cruise in May, and I feel like I've been getting to know Florence through my guide book reading - and now through your posts. Kevin - your comment about "dating" Florence is so cute!

Enjoy your time in Venice!

Merry! Merry!
Speaking of weddings in St. Peters - we saw one take place when we were there. Funny that they were OK with us taking photos of everything in St Peters.... but not the wedding ceremony.

Reading your report, makes me want to go back to Italy that much more. Haven't been to Florence or Venice, but sure want to.

Glad you are are having a great time. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks for taking time out of your trip to share with us.

There were plenty of things I've learned from my European ABD trip that make sense when reading about this Italy trip.

I know that I'd love the Sistine Chapel because I did have a "moment" in awe at Notre Dame. And as Kevin said, even those of us who aren't Catholic can appreciate the grandeur and beauty of the place.

And I know I'd feel the same about Michaelangelo's David, for the same reasons. I had been blown away by the couple of sculptures of his in the Louvre. I need to put the David sculpture on my Bucket List.

And I would trust Kevin's sixth shopping sense. If he wants to visit any place (especially those selling leather goods), I would follow him. I still kinda covet the Paris bag.

And John, I thought the literal "white elephant" was funny. I get it. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I forgot about the Sweet and Low stash until you mentioned it. You were my Sweet and Low suppliers on the last breakfast at the Disneyland Paris hotel. That was a good idea.

We arrived in Venice yesterday.

Since our 2006 Italy trip, ABD has really found new hotels with AMAZING locations.

We are less than 40 steps from Piazza San Marco. We couldn't be closer unless we slept in the church.

We spent a wonderful afternoon shopping, sightseeing and eating.

Today is mask painting and hen a bunch of us are meeting to go to Murano

It's 9:37 and breakfast ends at 10:30. Gotta get ready.

More later.

Our hotel room in Venice is beautiful - we have a two room suite that is magnificent. Unfortunately the internet in this hotel sucks. We kept getting cut off mid post.

I am relying on the 3G card I purchased in Rome and I only have one bar.

This city is so beautiful at night, and with the Xmas lights even more so.

The group is doing a mask making activity today which we skipped to wonder around on our own. We are meeting up with several others this afternoon to go to Morano together - then tonight will be our farewell dinner. So sad.

We have a very early flight tomorrow - we will be leaving the hotel at 4:30am.

We wil try to post as much as we can.

Pictures when we return :)

I hope you both have a great day and good flight back. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos when you return. Happy New Year.

Our adventure has come to an end....

Tonight was our farewell dinner and slide show with goodbyes.

Today Kevin and I slept in. The group had a mask making class which they all really loved. We opted out because we knew we had precious little time in Venice.

We walked, and shopped, and snacked, and walked some more and shopped some more all day. Venice is like a dream and there's nothing more magical than wondering around, getting lost and then discovering you know where you are. The shops range from quant to ridiculous (Kevin found a bag he really liked - it was only 4000 euros). Needless to say he didn't buy it.

We never made it to Morano this time but when we travel again next May we will make it happen. Anyone want to join us?

I really can't wait to come back in May. Not just because of what we do and what we see but because we will be with friends. This trip was great and everyone was really nice but I really miss that feeling of traveling with folks we know - either personally, from the boards or those who listen to the show. It kind of puts everyone at ease from the start. There's no awkward 'getting to know you' period.

Doing this trip now has also given Kevin and I some ideas of what we might change and what we could do to make our next trip just a little more special.

There's a lot happening between now and when we return to Italy and I don't want to wish the days away, but I really look forward to our next adventure with our friends in Italy.

We never made it to Morano this time but when we travel again next May we will make it happen. Anyone want to join us?

There's a lot happening between now and when we return to Italy and I don't want to wish the days away, but I really look forward to our next adventure with our friends in Italy.

The Boxxes call shotgun in the gondola in May! :rotfl:

Safe travels home. See you soon!:hug:

I'm sorry your adventure has come to an end, but it sounds like you've had a wonderful time. I've enjoyed reading your posting and look forward to visiting Italy at some future date.

Following along on your adventure made me even more excited for May! Thanks again for taking the time to post. Have a safe trip home! :goodvibes

Knowing you have another trip coming up makes leaving just a little bit easier.

Sayhello

These updates have been a real holiday treat for me. Thanks so much to both of you for taking time from your schedule to post your highlights each day. Safe travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter