John and Kevin's Big Christmas in Italy Adventure

Sounds like a magnificent vacation, and such a refreshing and original way to spend the holidays.

So glad to hear that you had a great trip...can't wait to hear more on the podcast in the new year!:goodvibes

I have fallen in love with Italy all over again! Your writing is so well rounded, not just descriptive. Thanks for sharing! I will be checking for photos daily. :goodvibes

I absolutely loved your TR!

Thank you so much for taking us on your trip! It sounds like a fabulous time!

Just stumbled over here and was caught by your Christmas in Italy thread! I love listening to the podcast, and I love listening to you all chat, and I can't wait to hear about this trip! Welcome back and happy new year, and I LOVE ITALY! :laughing: Murano is nice for the glass, but go to Burano if you can ... much more picturesque.. Not sure if you had already been or went this trip. Just caught you didn't make it to Murano. You visited all of my favorite cities, Roma, Firenze, and Venezia. Isn't San Marco's Square amazing??!! Venice is such a charming city, all of them are, and the water taxi to the airport is a riot, right?! To see Italy at Christmas... How cool.

Glad your travels were safe, and looking forward to next week!

All caught up now! What a fabulous trip....sounded so relaxing and that you had a chance to do a lot without overdoing it! Can't wait to hear more on the podcast and thanks so much for all of the updates! I know it wasn't easy!

Just caught up on this. Sounds like an amazing trip. Some day when my kids are paid for ( ha) then maybe dh and I can take this kind of trip!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I am so glad I finally decided to come to this board after listening to the podcast for about 6 months. Wow! What a fantastic report, can't wait to hear all about it on the podcast. Glad the trip was fantastic!

I'm not a big poster here, but I wanted to let you know that I loved following along on this adventure. We live in Germany (US military) and have been to Italy a handful of times, to many of the places you visited. It sounds like Italy was very good to you. I absolutely love Orvietto and was so happy to hear that ABD stops there. We usually travel on our own (and prefer it that way), but it sounds like ABD does a great job running a group trip.

I'd be curious if you end up in Germany. I'd love to finally be able to make it to a Podcast meet and could make one if you were in Germany. I'll have to take a look at the ABD Germany itinerary.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Can't wait to hear the podcast review of the trip.

Sorry these are late - been a little busy :goodvibes

These are from Part 1 of our Adventure.....Rome:

hotel_in_rome_resized.png

Our Hotel in Rome

trevi_fountain_resized.png

The Trevi Fountain

christmas_direction_in_mall_rome_resized.png

On our way to the Pantheon from the Trevi Fountain we walked through a small mall. This Christmas decoration seemed to catch everyone's eye.

pantheon_resized.png

The Pantheon

christmas_market1_resized.png

Christmas Market in Rome

christmas_market2_resized.png

Disney is everywhere!!!!

st_peters_square_empty_resized.png

St. Peter's Square.....empty.

st_peters_inside_resized.png

Inside St. Peter's

pieta_resized.png

The Pieta

Wow ... look at all that empty space. When we went in June, it was wall to wall hoards of humanity. Must remember that December is a good time to visit Rome.

More pictures. Day 2 - Tuscanny (Orvieto & Florence).

tuscan_countryside_from_train_resized.png

The Tuscan countryside on our way out of Rome.

Orvieto_street1_resized.png

A random street in Orvieto. I was enchanted.....

vase_resized.png

Our 'major' purchase this trip - a vase in Orvieto. It stands about 3 feet tall and is gorgeous!!!

Piazda_di_signora_resized.png

Piazza di Signoria - steps from our hotel in Florence.

florence_in_the_rain_resized.png

Florence in the rain on Christmas Eve.

academia_resized.png

An almost empty Academia. You're not supposed to take pictures in here so I have no idea how this one got in with ours :goodvibes

cafe_near_leather_market_resized.png

A wonderful cafe we found right next to the Florence leather market. I want to live here!!! It was called Trattoria San Lorenzo.

the Vase is beautiful!!! I hope they shipped it for you!

& can you please share the name of your favorite pottery place?

The store offered free shipping, if you spent over 200 euros.

As you can imagine......we had no problem reaching that price point.

This vase and all of the other pieces we purchased were shipped and insured free of charge.

thanks Kevin! My nephew leaves for Rome in 2 weeks (for a semester) and he will be traveling through that area...

Wow! Lovely vase, guys. Have you received it yet? Where you going to put it? :)

Sayhello

Loved following your trip report and love love love seeing your photos....brings back memories from when I went to Italia (Venice, Florence & Rome) Thanks again and Happy New Year to both of you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter