Jo & Den - PJ - 15/09/08 *UPDATE 5th May : Phone call with Rosie *

I went dress shopping today ..... and got my dress!! :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

I'm a plus size girl and was terrified of going today, to the point where I've broke down in tears twice this week because I was so scared! My mum has been an angel and kept telling me everything would be fine and she was right. I had an appointment booked for 10am this morning, it was throwing it down with rain - typical uk whether, so I got soaked and looked like a drowned rat when I entered the store. This very slim & pretty lady came over and I immediately thought 'my nightmare had come true' I pictured her being very snooty and like she'd be laughing at me. However, she was the exact opposite, she was really nice and giggly and made me feel totally at ease and made the whole experience wonderful, I felt like a princess for the first time in my life! I tried on 6 dresses and it was Number 2 that I kept going back to as I knew it felt like the one :wizard: So I ordered it!! It's called Chelsea, by Maggie Sotterro & it's Ivory in colour :cloud9:

Chelseafront.jpg

ChelseaBack.jpg

Meindress.jpg

The veil kept slipping off my head, so its in a bit of a funny position, she said my hair was too clean, I should have come dirty LOL

you look stunning hardly a plus size girl!

love the dress, i have a maggie as well, i lover her dresses

you look stunning hardly a plus size girl!

love the dress, i have a maggie as well, i lover her dresses

Thankyou :hug: Hopefully I wont be a plus size for too long, I'm on a diet & just started a new exercise routine too. I've lost two stone already, would like to lose a few more :upsidedow

Maggies dresses are gorgeous arent they, and very flattering! Your's is beautiful :hug:

Thank's girls :grouphug:

It'll arrive at the shop at the start of august, so I scheduled to go in on the 11th to have my first proper fitting to sort out what alterations need doing.

Oooo, I've just remembered, I didnt post a photo of my shoes! I got them a couple of days ago, I was shopping for some black shoes for work and I saw these and fell in love and they were a bargain as they were on sale £17.50 ($35) They are silver so I'll wear them for nights out after I've worn them for the wedding :thumbsup2

MyShoes.jpg

your dress is so lovely! I love maggie sottero dresses. Is that the veil and tiara you are going to wear? It's gorgeous

Thankyou everyone :grouphug:

Pink-tink8i8 : The assistant just popped that veil & tiara on me - I did like it but I'm going to try on some more and then probably buy it off ebay where its cheaper ;) :laughing:

Jo! You look absolutely GORGEOUS!! Are you serious that you consider yourself plus-size? :hug: No way, chickie! Sorry, sweetie, that nomer is reserved for others. I'd bet you are very "average" in size. I felt the exact same way about dress shopping and feared I wouldn't find a single dress that looked good. I was SOOO impressed with how "into it" the sales consultants were, and everyone was so kind and no one made me feel large at all. I am so glad your experience was so positive! :thumbsup2 Your choice couldn't be more perfect! (LOL about the clean hair! :) Is that the style of tiara you are going to look for? It is so pretty & sparkly!) I am so jealous of your shoes! Beautiful!

Thankyou :hug: I'm going to send over some ideas to my planner and find out some prices, you'll probably hear me screaming from here when I get a reply :rotfl:

Hahaha most likely lol...I hope the prices aren't that bad!
I went dress shopping today ..... and got my dress!! :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

I'm a plus size girl and was terrified of going today, to the point where I've broke down in tears twice this week because I was so scared! My mum has been an angel and kept telling me everything would be fine and she was right. I had an appointment booked for 10am this morning, it was throwing it down with rain - typical uk whether, so I got soaked and looked like a drowned rat when I entered the store. This very slim & pretty lady came over and I immediately thought 'my nightmare had come true' I pictured her being very snooty and like she'd be laughing at me. However, she was the exact opposite, she was really nice and giggly and made me feel totally at ease and made the whole experience wonderful, I felt like a princess for the first time in my life! I tried on 6 dresses and it was Number 2 that I kept going back to as I knew it felt like the one :wizard: So I ordered it!! It's called Chelsea, by Maggie Sotterro & it's Ivory in colour :cloud9:

Chelseafront.jpg

ChelseaBack.jpg

Meindress.jpg

The veil kept slipping off my head, so its in a bit of a funny position, she said my hair was too clean, I should have come dirty LOL

Wow your dress look's beautiful on you and fit's you perfect!!!!!!!!!!:worship: I love it,Maggie Sottero gowns are gorgeous!!!!

Your dress is beautiful and it looks very flattering on you. I love the butterfly shoes, they are very cute. Now you just have to stop describing yourself as "plus-size"!!!

My thoughts exactly! You are definitely not a plus-size girl! :goodvibes
That dress looks like a dream on you!

I :love: your shoes!!

And my favorite cake is #1!:)

You are too kind ;) I'm going good with the diet & exercise plan, so hopefully I'll be able to lose some more before the wedding - lost another 2 pound this week :cool1: I looooove that cake, I need to contact my planner and see how much it would cost before I get too excited :upsidedow

I love the dress! It looks beautiful on you!!
Thankyou honey :hug:

Jo! You look absolutely GORGEOUS!! Are you serious that you consider yourself plus-size? :hug: No way, chickie! Sorry, sweetie, that nomer is reserved for others. I'd bet you are very "average" in size. I felt the exact same way about dress shopping and feared I wouldn't find a single dress that looked good. I was SOOO impressed with how "into it" the sales consultants were, and everyone was so kind and no one made me feel large at all. I am so glad your experience was so positive! :thumbsup2 Your choice couldn't be more perfect! (LOL about the clean hair! :) Is that the style of tiara you are going to look for? It is so pretty & sparkly!) I am so jealous of your shoes! Beautiful!

Thankyou sweetie :hug: , but yup, I'm a chubster popcorn:: but hopefully by this time next year I'll be a mini me :laughing: hopefully by the wedding would be even more amazing, but I dont think 5 months will give me time to shift it all :scared1: It's nice to know other people have felt the same as me and have then cheered up once they've got into the shop - its great to hear positive stories :goodvibes I'm not sure yet what tiara and veil to go for, I do like that one though as it was very princessy and sparkly princess:

Hahaha most likely lol...I hope the prices aren't that bad!

Wow your dress look's beautiful on you and fit's you perfect!!!!!!!!!!:worship: I love it,Maggie Sottero gowns are gorgeous!!!!

I still havent got around to emailing my planner about it, as soon as I do I will post the price on here, or if you hear a scream you know what it is ;) I couldnt believe what happened on wednesday night - my DF picked me up from work and we just drove round the corner and were stopped waiting to go around the roundabout and someone drove into the back of us :scared1: I've hurt my chest bone and shoulder, but other than that we are all ok. We had our golden retriever puppy in the back too, but he was tied in so he was fine, thank god! All I could think of afterwards was you and how I hope we are not starting some sort of disney bride curse! On a positive note though, we should get some compensation as it was her fault, so that will help our wedding fund :cool1: So, maybe in the long run its a good curse - as long as no-one gets seriously hurt!! :angel:

Your dress is beautiful and it looks very flattering on you. I love the butterfly shoes, they are very cute. Now you just have to stop describing yourself as "plus-size"!!!

:lmao: Thats me told off! I'm sorry - wont do it again, or at least not for a few minutes :laughing: ;) :grouphug:

I've received my tote bag after registering on the honeymoon website, but I havent received my card yet & I keep getting emails telling me to activate the account but I need the card number. Does the card come seperate from the bag?? :confused3

I've emailed my planner about the beach cake that we love and she's forwarded the photos to the pastry team! I'm crossing my fingers that we're allowed it and that the price isnt too craaaaaaaaaaazy :scared1:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay we've booked our flights!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have been stalking the virgin atlantic website for months waiting for them to put a sale on the september ticket prices and they finally have - so we are booked and paid :worship: :love: :wizard: :yay:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Also, I heard back from our planner : We can have the cake that we both love and it will only cost us $75 to upgrade!!! :woohoo: I so had visions of her saying we couldnt have it or that it would cost $600 - Im soooo happy!

Just a little update : We had our phone call from Rosie last Tuesday with regards to flowers, photography, entertainment etc... She is so lovely!! Really easy to chat with and has some cute ideas :goodvibes She's emailed me over lots of prices and pictures which we are looking through and are going to send her some of our ideas and get some prices for those too - this is where the fun begins :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter