Jo & Den - PJ - 15/09/08 *UPDATE 5th May : Phone call with Rosie *

Congratulations!
Looks like everything is coming together really well ... :)

Have you picked out your dress yet?

Hey, congratulations! I'm so glad you got everything and everyone booked, and that Randy was free on your day.

Keep us updated with everything, the most improtant thing being the dress of course! I love Mori dresses, they are really nice.

Don't forget to include at least 10 places for Dis brides to gate-crash your wedding :thumbsup2 I'm going to be looking for someone to gate-crash when we get married next year :rotfl:

Thank's everyone for your kind words :grouphug:

I've got lots more updates for you!! :laughing: It's all going on at the moment!

Honeymoon : We've decided to split our stay, 5 nights at Royal Pacific Resort, 4 nights at the Boardwalk and 4 nights Grand Floridian. Den phoned disney to book and we managed to get the AAA discount because we are members of the AA over here and they are affiliated - we saved nearly 20% :cool1: I'm still going to watch for AP discounts incase we might save even more that way ;) When Den was on the phone he told the lady we were getting married and she was really giddy and listed it on all our reservations & said that she get us pins and things :banana: Which made me very excited :laughing:

Disney Wedding : We've booked 2 of our 3 hotels and therefore got our ressie number, so I immediately phoned Doreen with it. She then emailed out the contract to us, which I printed off and we both checked & signed and I got my mum to post it this morning :banana: YAAAAAY :banana: I phoned Doreen again tonight to let her know we'd sent it out and she told us that she'd give us a call when it arrived there and that in a couple of weeks we would get our planner :yay: Whilst on the phone I asked her about upgrading the disney photography to an MK bridal session and she said they wont do it anymore? We can only exchange for the honeymoon shoot and that if we wanted an MK bridal shoot aswell we would have to pay $1000. So, we've decided not to do it. We are going to have soooo many beautiful pictures anyway that I cant justify spending that much money. We are now having a video too, so that will keep us smiling :goodvibes

I also spoke to Stan @ STVS and Randy tonight and they are both lovely, they made me laugh lots! We have booked them for 3 hours around the ceremony time and are then getting them back for the wishes cruise :cheer2: I really really hope we manage to get the cruise for that night, I'll be heartbroken if we dont :sad1:

UK Wedding : I'm so happy about this bit of news!! I've been making lots of phone calls and have found somewhere local that will let us have a small wedding there and they are not expensive either - I really didnt want to use the registry office as I wanted somewhere to decorate & get the chance to be as girly as every other bride does - I didnt want to miss out just because we werent having lots of people. Its available on our date & they've pencilled us in, so we are going this saturday to discuss everything and put down a deposit :woohoo:

Erm .... I'm trying to think if there is any other news :laughing: Erm .... erm ... nope, I think that is all for now! :upsidedow

Just doing another update :cutie:

We've now received the contract info from Stan & Bonnie - so we will be going over that tomorrow and getting it sent off with the deposit. I'm also going to do the same for Randy aswell.

I'm trying to find a photographer here in the UK and Im struggling a bit, we are trying to keep the costs as low as possible and would prefer to just receive all the images on a disc rather than lots of prints - we can then get our own and make copies etc... I've found a couple of companies - one offered a great price, so we'll probably end up going with them. I'm going to do a bit more researching over the weekend though & just see what I can find :surfweb:

Just doing another update :cutie:

We've now received the contract info from Stan & Bonnie - so we will be going over that tomorrow and getting it sent off with the deposit. I'm also going to do the same for Randy aswell.

I'm trying to find a photographer here in the UK and Im struggling a bit, we are trying to keep the costs as low as possible and would prefer to just receive all the images on a disc rather than lots of prints - we can then get our own and make copies etc... I've found a couple of companies - one offered a great price, so we'll probably end up going with them. I'm going to do a bit more researching over the weekend though & just see what I can find :surfweb:

Congratulations on getting the dates you wanted and being able to book everything! I bet you are both beside yourself with excitment!!! :yay:

I have a really good friend who own a wedding video company in Manchester who i'm sure has a list of loads of photographers! I can ask him if you like about photographers in the area and what kind of prices you would be looking at. Let me know if you'd like me to get in touch with him hun

Christina

xxx

Congratulations on getting the dates you wanted and being able to book everything! I bet you are both beside yourself with excitment!!! :yay:

I have a really good friend who own a wedding video company in Manchester who i'm sure has a list of loads of photographers! I can ask him if you like about photographers in the area and what kind of prices you would be looking at. Let me know if you'd like me to get in touch with him hun

Christina

xxx

Thanks honey! Everything seems to be going well at the moment in terms of the planning, Im just waiting to hear from Doreen now thats she's received the contract - I might dig out my tracking number and see if I can trace the letter, Obsessed - me? never ? :lmao:

That would be a great help! Even if you just had some websites addresses, that would be fab :hug:

I'm back again with some more updates :surfweb:

Disney contract : I had a major panic attack last week - We sent the contract to Doreen and paid £6.20 to have it mailed via airsure to get it there quicker and safer, nothing could go wrong could it?? Pffft!! Lesson 1 : expensive doesnt mean quality! The letter was returned to me because there is no such address?? NO SUCH ADDRESS?? Are you kidding me?! I was so angry and upset! I confirmed the address with Doreen and it was correct and I had taken a photo of the letter before I mailed it and the address was the same, so god only knows what muppet was delivering mail that day! :mad: Anyway, Doreen came to the rescue and said I could fax it, so I sneaked it through whilst at work and she emailed me to let me know she'd got it safely - Phew! :worship: She was going to start processing it that day (6th March) and said we should be allocated a disney planner within two weeks - YAY :banana:

Randy Chapman & Stan / STVS :
We received contracts from them and got those sent off last week aswell, so our dates are now booked :dance3:

UK Wedding :
We went to look round the venue and are both in love with it and the guys that run it seem really nice & made us feel really special :) We also went to our local register office last saturday to give notice of our marriage & book the registrar who will come to the venue. We each had a little interview and signed some papers and then she went through what would happen on the actual day and I started crying, I've been filling up at the drop of a hat lately, but what she was saying made me so emotional, Den got hold of my hand and his eyes were filling up too :hug: We've also found a photographer who we love & seems like a wonderful lady who will make us giggle on the day too :wizard:

Disney Planner :
I received a phone call this afternoon while I was at work and OMG it was our planner!! I was so shocked! I wasnt expecting to hear anything for at least another week! I was so stunned that I couldnt think of anything to ask her :lmao: Her name is Amy and she seems really sweet :yay: She's emailed me the planning pack so we are going to look over it tonight :surfweb: :banana: :cool1:

The planning begins!

:yay: :banana: :love: :cloud9: :goodvibes :cheer2: :grouphug:

Congratulations on your planner. I just wanted to let you know I had the same problems when sending off my contract so it isn't just you. They couldn't find the address!

congrats on the planner, we used airsure and had no problems with it at all, least they have it now though

Thanks everyone :grouphug: I'm so excited :banana:

I dont know what to plan / pick first :laughing: Soooo many choices! :goodvibes

B2B-2008 : Really? I wonder what the problem is then?! How can they not know where disney is :laughing:

Eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk! I've had a major melt down the past couple of days, to the point where today we're now wanting to change the date, location & resort we are staying at :sick: I'm so confused :confused: We are now thinking about staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first 5 nights of our stay and moving the wedding up to the 15th and changing it over to the pavillion - what do you guys think?? My tummy & brain are very mushed right now :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter