Jo & Den - PJ - 15/09/08 *UPDATE 5th May : Phone call with Rosie *

JoJo1980

DIS Veteran
First, I must do this .....

:banana: :woohoo: :yay: :love: :cool1: :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :banana: :cloud9: :cool1: :woohoo: :banana: :yay:

Ok, I think i've just about got it out of my system ... for the next few minutes anyway ;)

After secretly stalking this board for over two and a half years, I finally get to join all you wonderful people because WE ARE HAVING A DISNEY WEDDING!!!! Squuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :jumping1:

I never thought this day would come and it has!

I think I will go pour myself a drink to calm me down & then come back and tell you all our story :flower3:

Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear your story!

Congratulations from another British Disney Bride to be. Can't wait to hear your story.

congrats from another uk disney bride, cant wait to hear all about it

Here..ill throw some more celebration out for you...

:banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :cool1: :cool1: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats!! Tell us the story!! :goodvibes

Thank's everyone :goodvibes Can't wait to get to know you all better and have a good gossip ;) Well, I better tell you a bit about us!

I'm Joanne, 27 & the Groom to be is Den, 28 (Better known as Dennis the menace pirate: ) We've been together for nearly 7 years and have been engaged for 2 & a half. We bought our house over a year ago and got our Golden Retriever 'Spike' a few months later (He's our baby boy :laughing: )

We've been through some pretty bad times over the last couple of years due to many different things but we've made it through the other side now & are starting to put our future first. As you will probably be able to tell from our wedding choices, a lot of our problems have come from so-called family & friends but we are trying to put everything behind us and move forward. That is why i'm so happy about being able to join this board, being surrounded by happy & loved up people is exactly who we want to be around :grouphug:

sounds good to me! we will all be there for you and try to help you through all youe planning questions.

We are getting married in sept and have just returned from our planning session over there

sounds good to me! we will all be there for you and try to help you through all youe planning questions.

We are getting married in sept and have just returned from our planning session over there

Thankyou :hug:

Oh wow!! We have chosen this september aswell! Spooky stuff!

How was your planning session?? I'll have to have a nosey for your thread because Im sure I remember seeing one!

Our engagement story :

We had our first trip to Disney in September 2005. We'd had a lazy day that morning and then I surprised him: I'd booked La Nouba at 6pm and Rainforest Cafe for 8.30pm. He loved them both and so did I!!! La Nouba was absolutely amazing, so much going on at once - had no idea where to look :laughing: Had a yummy meal at RC and a couple of drinks in the very funky flash glasses - which amused me for hours & they still work now!! :thumbsup2 We then did an hour of shopping and got a taxi back to the resort. We were staying in a deluxe room at the Wilderness Lodge and had a lovely view of the lagoon and the walkway to the boat taxi - reminded me of Dawson's Creek so I loved it!!! Anyway, after we got back I put my slippers on and went to the loo and Den said he was just nipping out and I thought 'Where on earth is he going at midnight???' :confused3 Then after about 10 mins, my mobile rang and it was Den telling me to open the doors and come out on to the balcony (I thought I'd locked him out there or something :laughing: ) He was stood on the boat dock and told me to meet him down there :confused3 Ok I said, whilst trying to find the bug spray!! (How romantic!! lol )

I felt like I was on Fear Factor LMAO I had to walk through the garden areas and along the path in the pitch black listening to all the bug noises and please bare in mind that I hate bugs, spiders, snakes, those little lizard things and they were all there in the bushes ready to just pounce on me! :scared: But I did it and met up with him on the dock, he took me to the end of it and sat me on the bench - I still didn't have a clue what was going on, thought he might have hired a boat as a surprise or something - no idea what was coming next.

Then he walked over with a 'Cinderella' style cushion and got down on one knee (Tissues please! :lovestruc ) On the cushion there was a tiara which he placed on my head, and a Stitch teddy holding a ring (I adore stitch!!!) and he had wrote a poem about 'Princess Joanne' and read it to me and then asked me to marry him, I said yes :love: (More tissues please :cloud9: )

Thankyou :hug:

Oh wow!! We have chosen this september aswell! Spooky stuff!

How was your planning session?? I'll have to have a nosey for your thread because Im sure I remember seeing one!

what date have you chosen??

Yes have a look cos i have alot of food pics and stuff like that in there

what date have you chosen??

Yes have a look cos i have alot of food pics and stuff like that in there

We're hopeing to get 19th Sept at SBP. We've still got to contact disney yet thought, so Im keeping my fingers crossed. What date is yours??

Wedding Plans :

As of now I am going to be a very busy beaver! We've got 2 weddings & a honeymoon to plan and an at home reception - but I think we've decided to worry about that when we get back from our honeymoon :thumbsup2

We are going to have a tiny ceremony in the UK with just us & my parents and then just the two of us will be going over to disney to do it all again. Ever since we got engaged we've both wanted a disney wedding but due to illness my parents can't fly - so we are actually doing the small ceremony over here for them because I don't want them to miss out. So, this way we get the best of both worlds :wizard:

We are hopeing to have the disney wedding at SBP on 19th September this year. We are going to contact disney this week and start the ball rolling :cheer2: I'm so excited!! I've got lots of ideas floating around my head about decor and cakes and flowers and a million other things so this is going to be a great place to write them all down & get other opinions :thumbsup2

we are getting married on sept 2nd at the pavillion, we fly to disney on 28th aug to 11 sep and then we fly to mexico for 7 nights. we then have a uk blessing and reception on the 20th

We have contracted already at 12 months, you are well within the 8 months so you will have no problem contracting as long as the dates and times are free.

Are you getting married here then and just renewing your vowels at disney??

we are getting married on sept 2nd at the pavillion, we fly to disney on 28th aug to 11 sep and then we fly to mexico for 7 nights. we then have a uk blessing and reception on the 20th

We have contracted already at 12 months, you are well within the 8 months so you will have no problem contracting as long as the dates and times are free.

Are you getting married here then and just renewing your vowels at disney??

The pavillion is gorgeous! We were trying to decide between there & SBP. I'm going to dig out ur planning journal so I can read what you are having :) Gosh! Bet you've got lots n lots of planning going on, how are you managing to cope with it??

Yep, we'll actually be classed as married over here - but we want to do it all over again in disney :cutie:

i got loads of pics from the pavillion last week some in my trip report.

I am very stressed with planning two weddings!! we have 30 going with us and then 125 for our uk one!! i'm in the process of tieing ribbons to bubbles at the moment!!

hi! Welcome :wave2:

I'm still in the stalking phase because it'll be a while before I can have a Disney wedding. I can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter