JaxTeach's PJ-- SBP/CG/UK Upper December 14, 2007 *After Wedding Update 12/15*

You must be getting very excited...all your hard work will definitely pay off...you have done a fab job!

danielle

Just wanted to drop a quick note, your PJ is great!

What is SOOO great about it, is that I can see what some of my stuff might look like, cause my name is Jaclyn too! And, we're getting married 12/15/08. Actually its a bit spooky... :scared1:

Let me know which type of pen turns out best!

I will! I'm leaning towards silver since those are our wedding colors.

lol, sitting is easy...Lift the hoop by your butt slightly and sit on it...that's it!

Sounds easy enough!

You must be getting very excited...all your hard work will definitely pay off...you have done a fab job!

danielle

Thank you so much! I really hope everything goes smoothly. I'm sure we will have a great day!

Just wanted to drop a quick note, your PJ is great!

What is SOOO great about it, is that I can see what some of my stuff might look like, cause my name is Jaclyn too! And, we're getting married 12/15/08. Actually its a bit spooky... :scared1:

LOL, well there aren't too many "Jaclyn"'s out there! Several "que" gals, though. Thanks for reading!

We purchased our honeymoon laptop last night! I am so excited. We have been needing a new travel laptop forever because our hand-me-down laptop died a while ago. I've been doing research online and had considered trying for a Black Friday laptop. But, you know what? I'd really like to sleep next Friday and not get up at 3:00am to *possibly* get something. Anyways, we went to several stores last night and ended up getting a Gateway at Office Depot. Now I can upload our photos each night and we can look up stuff we might need to in Paris! Yay! :woohoo:

We are off to do a little shopping. DF needs a new pair of shoes for the wedding. I'm sure I will think of other things we need to buy as well! :)

Not much to update. We bought a few things for DF's wedding attire. We didn't have any luck with shoes, though, which is what he really needs.

Last night I finally dyed my niece's crinoline. After she saw mine she asked for her's to be dyed too. I assumed she would ask for pink since she's a pink girl, but she wanted blue. This time I did 1 box of "Royal Blue" instead of 1 box "Royal Blue" and 1 box "Navy Blue." I'm pleased with the results. It is a lot more light blue than mine with less purple tint to it.

Here it is:
SummersCrinoline1.jpg

SummersCrinoline2.jpg

I've been working on our Welcome Folders today. I've also tried updating our monogram to use on our Welcome Boxes. I'll post pictures later this week when I really get to work on them.

it is so tiny and cute! the color came out great! i love that it's just a little different than yours!!! good job jaclyn!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am supposed to be working on wedding projects this holiday weekend, but have yet to start so I had to come on to get some motivation! I did make some sugar cookie dough that I might turn into an extra gift to our guests if they turn out alright, so that counts.

Yesterday I had my roots touched up at the salon. I have to go back tomorrow to get it trimmed and to have LOOOOOOONG bangs cut. I also had my first Mystic Tan session yesterday. It was such an out of body experience because tanning is so outside of my realm. It went well, though, and I'm happy I tried it out. I have to get rid of the "tan" lines on my upper body and I think this will do the trick.

DF and I also went to the courthouse yesterday to get our marriage license. Our courthouse is straight out of the 1960s. Luckily I think the actual courts were closed or having half sessions so it was not busy. We didn't wait at all for the license. There were 2 other couples there applying for their license. One was going to have a civil ceremony in the Wedding Arbor which I thought was sweet. DF didn't want to get married there. It is only $30... a little less than our wedding! Anyways, we "read" the little booklet-- which is mostly about how to get a divorce. :rotfl2: I pointed out some useful information to DF... such as the suggestion of a pre-nuptial agreement. We raised our right hands to affirm that we were who we said we were, that we were not related :eek:, signed our names and were on our happy way.

DF doesn't look like he's on his happy way... I assure you he was...;)
MarriageLicense.jpg

I don't think I've ever posted pics of this. We signed up for a free registry gift from Calphalon a while ago and I totally forgot about it until it arrived a few weeks ago. Can I tell you how excited I was to get this??? I thought it was such a cool "free" gift! It has been very useful while making cookies today along with my Kitchenaid Mixer (purchased with the help of the DIS Budget Board!).
CalphalonBakingSet.jpg

I've also made some last minute eBay purchases.

New Veil-- I decided I wanted a chapel length veil, just because. I've ordered it in ivory with rhinestones and pearls.
purple90R.jpg

A new sash-- I have the David's Bridal skinny sash, but it's not so great. I ordered this sash in Navy blue.
dscf3840.jpg

Hair Pins-- These match my jewelry. I'm wearing my mother's pearls that my dad bought her in Spain after they were first married. They are an off white colored pearl with silver braiding around the edge. These aren't a perfect match, but they're very close.
1045_1.jpg

New Gloves-- I made the mistake of buying 12" gloves and they are toooooo short. These should work nicely.
gloves.jpg

Cape for Flower Girl-- I'm not sure what to call this, but it is too cute! My flower girl is my niece so I have no problem buying cute stuff for her! This was $11 on eBay so I'm happy. She loves being a girly girl, so I think she'll enjoy wearing this!
dsp_a016.jpg

That's all for now... I will post pictures of my other projects as they are completed!

I read that little booklet before my wedding too. Quite entertaining, it was like, "you think you're in love now, but you won't be forever, so here's how your divorce will go." Osceola County gave us a little poem that the court lady said was their way to let us know that they believe we really are in love. Everything looks really great! It will all go by in a blur!

Jaclyn,

I just found your pj today and have read all the way through. We will be in Disney during your wedding. I can't wait to see pics and I am sure you are very excited, it is getting so close. My daughter is doing the college program right now and she saw a wedding at the GF while resort hopping and has decided she's getting married in Disney (she doesn't have a boyfriend picked out yet, lol). I hope that she does, as I have so loved reading about the magical events that are taking place.

Can't wait to read more.

I read that little booklet before my wedding too. Quite entertaining, it was like, "you think you're in love now, but you won't be forever, so here's how your divorce will go." Osceola County gave us a little poem that the court lady said was their way to let us know that they believe we really are in love. Everything looks really great! It will all go by in a blur!

That's wonderful that the Osceola courthouse has a little romance going on! :rotfl: I am still sort of shocked by the negative vibe in that handbook!

Jaclyn,

I just found your pj today and have read all the way through. We will be in Disney during your wedding. I can't wait to see pics and I am sure you are very excited, it is getting so close. My daughter is doing the college program right now and she saw a wedding at the GF while resort hopping and has decided she's getting married in Disney (she doesn't have a boyfriend picked out yet, lol). I hope that she does, as I have so loved reading about the magical events that are taking place.

Can't wait to read more.

I hope your daughter will someday get to plan a magical wedding at Disney! Picking out the future is husband is definitely the tricky part! :)

I've been working on our Welcome Boxes and Folders the last couple of nights. I've posted the contents before, but here is the final product:

WelcomeBoxFinalProduct.jpg

WelcomeFolderFinal.jpg

WelcomeFolderContents.jpg

I'm planning on dropping these off at everyone's hotel Wednesday when I arrive in Orlando. I really hope they are useful to our guests!

We have to give Disney our final "no refunds after this" count tomorrow. My grandparents are officially not coming, which means I'm officially upset! Both sets of DF's grandparents have passed away and one set of mine. I really wanted my grandmother to be there, but I understand that she can't be. I was just hoping something would happen and they could make it.

Three other people aren't coming either. A friend of mine and her two teenage children were supposed to come, but they've decided not to I guess. I've called and emailed her and her daughter with no response. The upside to these 5 people not coming is that we will get about $1100 back from Disney. I guess every cloud has a silver lining.

2 weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Jaclyn,

Your boxes and packet info looks amazing! You've been a diligent little crafter. Time is fast approaching for your wedding. I'm getting so excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures. Just be sure to keep the stress at a minimum so you can enjoy your wedding. Lots of deep cleansing breaths.

Looking forward to more wonderful PJ!popcorn::

Just catching up, everything looks wonderful. Your guest boxes are great too.
Can't believe how fast time has flown to your wedding.
Just wanted to wish you both all the best for your big day! Have a fantastic time, and I can't wait to hear all about it!
:santa:

Jaclyn,

Your boxes and packet info looks amazing! You've been a diligent little crafter. Time is fast approaching for your wedding. I'm getting so excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures. Just be sure to keep the stress at a minimum so you can enjoy your wedding. Lots of deep cleansing breaths.

Looking forward to more wonderful PJ!popcorn::

Thank you! Things have been rather calm, which is excellent. We've felt a little stress the last couple of nights...

I think you did a fabulous job on all your welcome boxes and folders!

danielle

Thank you! I really enjoyed putting all of that together. Once we figured out everything we wanted to include it was a lot of fun!

Just catching up, everything looks wonderful. Your guest boxes are great too.
Can't believe how fast time has flown to your wedding.
Just wanted to wish you both all the best for your big day! Have a fantastic time, and I can't wait to hear all about it!
:santa:

I can't believe we are 1 week away! It is so unreal to us right now. We can't wait! :woohoo:

Everything looks great! Have a fabulous time!! Cant wait to hear all about it!

Thank you! I hope we have a wonderful time!! The weather says upper 70s, partly cloudy, and a slight chance of rain... sounds good to me!

I haven't had time to upload photos lately, but they are coming. We've been trying to pack for Disney and for Paris, which has been the most stressful thing we've done so far! I've misplaced *my* video camera and we've torn the house looking for it. We have DF's DVD camcorder, but we don't want to take that to Paris... still can't find my stinkin' camera! Strange thing to stress about, but that's me for ya!

We finalized our wedding CD tonight. :woohoo: They are currently burning. I then have to do the Lightscribe on them, which takes forever. We are using colored CDs so I will post pics this weekend. I had a hard time trying to think of music to use, so I'll post our track listing to give future brides an idea:
1. You’ve Got a Friend in Me / Randy Newman (“Toy Story”)
2. Somewhere Over the Rainbow / Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
3. Come What May /Ewan MacGregor & Nicole Kidman (“Moulin Rouge”)
4. If I Didn’t Have You / John Goodman & Billy Crystal (“Monsters Inc.”)
5. Call and Answer / Barenaked Ladies
6. You’ll Be In My Heart / Phil Collins (“Tarzan”)
7. Everlasting Love / U2
8. Seasons of Love / Rent Original Broadway Cast Recording
9. We Go On / Kellie Coffey
10. Beautiful Day / U2
11. Reflection / Christina Aguilera (“Mulan”)
12. When You Wish Upon a Star / Billy Joel (“Pinocchio”)
13. Life Is a Highway / Rascal Flatts
14. When the Stars Go Blue / The Corrs featuring Bono
15. Part of Your World / Jodi Benson (“The Little Mermaid”)
16. There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow / Carousel of Progress
17. Running / No Doubt
18. Go the Distance / Michael Bolton (“Hercules”)
19. Ever Ever After / Carrie Underwood (“Enchanted”)
20. Remember the Magic / Brian McKnight
21. Wishes

I still have to finish our water bottles. Then we have to pack all the crap into storage containers to move it down to Orlando. We have about a million other things to do as well... it'll get done and we'll have a fantastic time (I hope!). :santa: :yay:

It's getting so close Jaclyn!! How fun!!! I hope you have a great wedding!

btw... Rob and I will be in Orlando/Disney finalizing our wedding plans the weekend of your wedding. Maybe we'll run into each other!

I just found your pj and it sounds like you've got everything under control. I'm so excited for you.

Jaclyn -- I've just read your entire PJ. Wow! Everything looks amazing and I am so impressed with your talent in designing everything and bringing it all together. Just gorgeous! Congratulations and best wishes for everything to go perfectly next weekend!

Jaclyn, wow it's almost here!! just wanted to wish you and Dan the best of everything and a WONDERFUL wedding day!! I can't wait to see the pictures and read all about it! :goodvibes

Michelle :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter