• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 30, 2014 - Disney Dream - 3 Night Bahamas

Hey everyone!! This will be my family's first time in a Disney Cruise. We surprised our children (Kali - 7 and Kate - 5) with this as a Christmas present. So excited!!!!
What did you do for your surprise? I haven't told my DD that we're going yet. She's 3, so I don't think she'll "get" it. I think she'll be super excited when she sees the characters.

My husband and I will be there, taking our first Disney cruise, celebrating my birthday (50). We live in So Cal.
Has anyone used Disney Ground transportation from Orlando airport?
Happy Birthday! I live in Orlando, so I don't know how the transportation works from the airport. I honestly had a bunch of questions after I booked the cruise. I did a search for every question and found answers for all of them. This board is great!

Hi Everyone - I am thinking about booking this cruise for a quick getaway for myself and my youngest son (he's 8). I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Atlantis aqua adventure excursion is still open, or if it is full?

I'm also curious, as previous poster asked, about Disney ground transportation. In the past we've done a one-way car rental, but with the just the two of us, I'm going to be looking for the easiest option.

Thanks!

The system was still allowing me to book the day adventure for the 31st.

Our first cruise as well on 30th Jan! Travelling with hubby and 2 kids, ages 7 and 11. Also my parents and my brother will be joining us! So very excited!! Am sure will have tons of questions, so glad to have found this forum!

Hi everyone! I was wondering when a thread would be started for this cruise. Surprised it was not done sooner. This will be our 6th Disney cruise. It will be me, my 2 daughters and my daughters best friend.

Disney transportation is great and makes things easier but of course is pricier than some other options. With Disney bus, they will transport your checked luggage for you. You don't even need to grab it off the conveyer belt. They also will take care of checking it directly to the airline from the cruise as long as you are flying on one of the participating airlines (which are quite a few). This year we are celebrating my daughters sweet 16 (jan 31) so we are taking a stretch limo back and forth.

Regarding fish extender, it is a bit too late so I would not be interested.

Can't wait for this cruise, especially since we are In the midst if a snow storm!

Also, on our last cruise we connected kids that were around the same age so they can chat a little before the cruise. Anyone have a 14 year old daughter who is on facebook? My 14 year old would like to meet people before the cruise.

Hi there! Traveling with my DH and son for his seventh birthday! It will be our 18th cruise (son's 3rd), but first Disney Cruise, and we are very excited! Doing the park for 6 days first.

Just heard about fish extenders, but it sounds like it's too late? Started working on door magnets yesterday!

I am so new to disney cruising that I don't know all the details of the fish extenders. Does it take a long time to get it together? I am willing to try it as long as the group doesn't get crazy big but I need someone who has done it before to break it down for me. But if there really isn't enough time I guess it's an excuse to cruise again so I can do it

Hi there! Traveling with my DH and son for his seventh birthday! It will be our 18th cruise (son's 3rd), but first Disney Cruise, and we are very excited! Doing the park for 6 days first.

Just heard about fish extenders, but it sounds like it's too late? Started working on door magnets yesterday!
Hi Arey89, regarding the magnets - I found some threads where people are so helpful in creating and sharing the personalized mags. However I am unable to request them since I am so new to this thread (they require a minimum #of posts before I can paste in a URL). Do you know of any other way I can request these?
Thank you!

I am so new to disney cruising that I don't know all the details of the fish extenders. Does it take a long time to get it together? I am willing to try it as long as the group doesn't get crazy big but I need someone who has done it before to break it down for me. But if there really isn't enough time I guess it's an excuse to cruise again so I can do it

I have done them numerous times and 3 weeks is pretty tight. Many people either hand make items to give while others order items. Typically FEs are closed 30 days prior to sail date to give everyone time to put together their gifts. I have done smaller lists but my last was almost 30 cabins withover 100 people! I always do at least 1 cabin gift (mainly for adults) and something for each child in the room. But you can do it however you want. I would never join such a large group again as I spent way too much time delivering to the rooms. Looks like this is a new thread with not many people yet, so it may end up being a very small FE group. I just think if you started one, you would want to leave it open for at least a week and then you would only have 2 weeks to gt everything together. How many people are still interested given this timeline?

Also - If anyone has any questions about Disney cruises, please ask! I have been on 5 already and can help answer questions since it seems like a lot of 1st timers on this cruise! :goodvibes

I was thinking of Dolphin swim either at Atlantis or Blue lagoon. Anyone know what the water temp is like end of Jan/early Feb? It will be for my 11yr old daughter. Thanks!

Hi Arey89, regarding the magnets - I found some threads where people are so helpful in creating and sharing the personalized mags. However I am unable to request them since I am so new to this thread (they require a minimum #of posts before I can paste in a URL). Do you know of any other way I can request these?
Thank you!

Hi there - I only used one site, but she has lots of great "ear" designs. I already printed them on card stock. I just need to put contact paper around them and put magnet tape on the back. It won't let me post the link (I don't have enough posts apparently), but I just googled "Disney Cruise magnet Ear designs" and the first site that came up had some great designs and a link to a person on this forum that also has great designs.

I may also make some photo magnets of our family with our favorite characters and get a magnetic dry erase board (though I've read you need really strong magnets for them to stay on).

I would be up for doing a small group fish extender. Maybe we can get 5-10 cabins? But having not done it myself, I'd love to have someone experienced to tell us how to work it. Do we each put something in every room every day? Or do we trade off days?

You can deliver as little or as many days as you want! Most people tend to deliver the 1st or 2nd day. This is a short cruise, so if you intend for something to be used onboard, delivering it sooner would be good. Some people deliver multiple times, some just once. There really are no rules, except you must give something to each cabin on the list if you sign up.

I can start up the list. Just not sure that I will participate. If you would like to participate, please reply with your stateroom number and names of each person in room. Include gender and age of children. I will create and update the list.

FE GROUPS NOW CLOSED!!!!

:fish: For those interested in participating in the FE exchange, please reply with your Stateroom number, Name of each person in room (including age and gender of children). :fish:

List closed 1/17/14.

GROUP 1
1. MichelleA1986 - Michelle, Steven, DD Grace (3), DD Summer (18 months) - Stateroom 6042 (Forward)
Fave Character: Michelle - Minnie; Steven - Mickey; Grace & Summer - Tinkerbell
2. Chronotis - Betty & Duane - Stateroom 5658 (Aft)
Fave Character: Betty - Tinkerbell; Duane - Goofy
3. Chronotis BFF - April & LaBron - Stateroom 5660 (Aft)
Fave character: Mickey for both. No alcohol gifts please. April loves milk chocolate with nuts.
4. Triniprincess76 - Vanessa & DD Sydney (3) - Stateroom 2034 (Mid Ship)
Fave character: Vanessa - Minnie; Sydney - Mickey's clubhouse, Rapunzel, Cnderella, Ariel & Jasmine.
5. Kelli34746 Rm 1 - Kelli & DD Sarah (11) - Stateroom 6052 (Forward)
Fave Character: Kelli - Genie; Sarah - Mickey & Perry the platypus
6. Michellebriana - Michelle, DD Briana (16), DD's BFF Lauren (16), & DD Alyssa (14) - Stateroom 9170 (Aft)
Fave Characters: Michelle - Mickey; Briana - Tinkerbell; Lauren - Sleeping Beauty; Alyssa - Belle/Mickey
7. Marlismouse - Marlis, Lee, & DS Carter ( 8 ) - Stateroom 6626 (Aft)
Fave character: Marlis - Mickey; Carter - Stitch; Lee - Emperors New Groove
8. PirateoftheEast - Sarah, Baxter, & DD Addison (2.5) - Stateroom 10580 (Mid Ship)
Fave character: Sarah - Aurora; Baxter - Jack Sparrow; Addison - Princess Sophia

GROUP 2
1. Iamadisneynut - Maggie, David, DS Henry (6) - Stateroom 7640 (Aft)
Fave Character: Maggie - Alice in Wonderland; David - Mickey; Henry - Frozen, Jack Sparrow, Cars
2. Arey89 - Amy, Bert, & DS Isaac (6) - Stateroom 9570 (Mid Ship)
Fave Character: Amy - Mickey; Bert - Up or Donald; Isaac - Phineas & Ferb & Perry, Olaf from Frozen, & Mickey) No alcohol
3. ThreeboysNY - Wendy, Mike, DS Joe (13), DS Daniel (11), DS David ( 8 ) Stateroom 8102 (Mid Ship)
Fave Characters: Wendi - Mickey; Mike - Donald; All 3 boys - Goofy
4. Marlismouse Sister-in-law - Melinda, Jason, DS Braden (6), DS Deacon (4) Stateroom 7558 (Aft)
Fave Characters: Melinda - Simba; Jason - Rafiki; Braden - Goofy; Deacon - Mickey
5. Teamchestnut - Catherine, Charlie, DS William (4), DD Poppy (16 months) Stateroom 8642 (Aft)
Fave Characters: William - Mickey & Pooh Bear; Poppy - Minnie & Tinkerbell
6. Chenomi2 - Djene, DD Christelle (5), DD Naomi (18 months) - Stateroom 2030(Mid Ship)
Fave Characters: Djene - Mickey; Christelle - Rapunzel; Naomi - Minnie
7. Marlismouse InLaws - Bunny & Larry - Stateroom 7556 (Aft)
Fave Characters: Bunny - Dory; Larry - Kermit
8. Kelli34746 Rm 2 - Jean & Doug - Stateroom 6050 (Forward)
Fave Character: Jean - Snow White; Doug Mickey

Rules/Tips:
- If you sign up, you MUST give something to each cabin that is signed up.
- There is no minimum or maximum number of gifts or days you should deliver.
- There are no assigned days/times to deliver.
- List Closes 1/17/14.
- Final list will be updated by 1/18/14.
- Tip: Start with all aft (or forward) cabins, then make your way to mid ship then forward. Easier to go up and down versus across each deck.
- Tip: Deliver any items you intend people to use onboard early in the cruise.

FE Description borrowed from another group:
Named for the decor from which they hang, fish extenders are usually handmade pocket organizers (similar to a shoe caddy or mail organizer) customized with names, favorite Disney characters, etc. These pocket organizers are hung from a decorative fish ornament that is attached to the wall outside of each cabin on the Disney cruise ship.

A fish extender group is basically a gift exchange, albeit with a little extra pixie dust. Prior to the cruise, fish extender groups are formed and organized via an online Disney fan site. Once numbers are finalized, each member of the group prepares a gift for the other participating cabins. There are no rules regarding gifts (no minimum or maximum dollar value). Often times, the gifts are handmade, but not always. Once the cruise has commenced, participants deliver their gifts to the other participating staterooms, leaving them as a surprise in the fish extender pockets. One of the most fun aspects of taking part in a fish extender group is checking in throughout the day to see what little goodies are waiting.

Thank you so much Michellebriana! I am so excited about this!

Stateroom: 6042
DD: Summer 18m
DD: Grace 3
DH: Steven
Self: Michelle

Hello everyone! I'm new to this group and just heard about the fish extenders "exchange" and LOVE the idea!

Unfortunately though, I booked through a space available rate, so don't have a room number yet, but here's the other info:

Betty (me; I will be turning 40 on February 1st, so it's my birthday cruise! :woohoo:)
Duane (husband; 44)

We will be traveling with another couple (who will have another room), so I will see if they are interested in participating too and will update if so!

Thanks so much! :)

:welcome:
Well Hello all! I will be there as well for my 39th bday AND my sons 8th bday ( day after��)

We will be traveling with my in laws will have 3 boys 4,6 & 8

Was contemplating fish exchange but have gt room, so no cabin yet. Not sure the rest of the family will want to participate (checking) but sound fun.

I did have a question for our experienced cruiser: In Verandah rooms, is there a lock that is up high on the doors? One Children can not reach? What are ship railings like? 4yo nephew and my 8yo son likes to climb on railings so wanted to check on that.

Hope to meet some of you, those w kiddos in our range when is your Port Arrival Time? Not sure, but might be a good time to meet... While we r trying to keep kids occupied?

:welcome:

Yes, there are 2 locks. One on the door handle and one latch style lock up top. I typically get an extended verandah on the back of the ship which is a white wall on the bottom. I believe the regular verandahs have white bars across with plexiglass. Here is a picture I found.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...igi=11ngh4oj9&.crumb=Je1xcbd0NyC&fr=yfp-t-900

Regarding FE and not having a stateroom assigned yet, I propose the following: In sign up Stateroom TBA will be noted. If it is not assigned prior to the sailing, bring notecards that you can distribute to the other participants noting where you are located. Deliver these right away and you won't miss out on the fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter