January 30, 2014 - Disney Dream - 3 Night Bahamas

triniprincess76

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I am new to the board, and I will be going on my first Disney cruise. I live in Orlando, and will be going with my best friend, her two daughters (one who is turning 5 on the day that we sail), her mother and my daughter. (3 years, almost 4)

There's a lot of great information on the board, but soooo much. I am working on my questions, and then I'll post them all.

Hopefully someone else is also sailing on this cruise. I am so excited!

UPDATED with FE info:
FE GROUPS NOW CLOSED!!!!

Group 1
1. MichelleA1986 - Michelle, Steven, DD Grace (3) & DD Summer (18 months) - Stateroom 6042 (Forward)
Favorite Characters: Michelle (Minnie), Steven (Mickey), Grace (Tinkerbell), Summer (Tinkerbell)
2. Chronotis Rm 1 - Betty & Duane - Stateroom 5658 (Aft)
Favorite Characters: Betty (Tinkerbell), Duane (Goofy)
3. Chronotis Rm 2 - April & LaBron - Stateroom 5660 (Aft)
Favorite characters: April & LaBron (Mickey)
Misc.: No alcohol gifts please. April LOVES milk chocolate with nuts!

4. triniprincess76 - Vanessa & DD Sydney (3) - Stateroom 2034 (Mid Ship)
Favorite Characters: Vanessa (Minnie), Sydney (Minnie & Mickey's Clubhouse crew)
5. Kelli34746 Rm 1 - Kelli & DD Sarah (11) - Stateroom 6052 (Forward)
Favorite Characters: Kelli (Genie from Aladdin), Sarah (Mickey or Perry the Platypus)
Misc.: No nuts for Kelli

6. Michellebriana - Michelle, DD Briana (16), DD's BFF Lauren (16), & DD Alyssa (14) - Stateroom 9170 (Aft)
Favorite Characters: Michelle (Mickey) Briana (Tinkerbell) Lauren (Sleeping Beauty) Alyssa (Belle/Mickey)
7. Marlismouse - Marlis, Lee, & DS Carter (8) - Stateroom 6626 (Mid Ship)
Favorite Characters: Marlis (Mickey), Lee (Kusco - Emperor's New Groove), Carter (Stitch)
8. PirateoftheEast - Sarah, Baxter, & DD Addison (2.5) - Stateroom 10580 (Mid Ship)
Favorite Characters: Sarah (Aurora), Baxter (Jack Sparrow), Addison (Princess Sophia)

Group 2
1. iamadisneynut - Maggie, David, Henry (6) - Stateroom 7640 (Mid Ship)
Favorite Characters: Maggie (Alice in Wonderland), David (Mickey), Henry (Frozen, Jack Sparrow, Cars)
2. arey89 - Amy, Bert, DS Isaac (7) - Stateroom 9570 (Mid Ship)
Favorite Characters: Amy (Mickey), Bert ("Up" or Donald), Isaac (Phineas & Ferb/Perry the Platypus, Olaf from Frozen, Mickey)
Misc.: No alcohol please

3. threeboysny - Wendi, Mike, DS Joe (13), DS Daniel (11), DS David (8) - Stateroom 8102 (Mid Ship)
Favorite Characters: Wendi (Mickey), Mike (Donald), Joe, Daniel, & David (Goofy)
4. Marlismouse (SIL) - Melinda, Jason, DS Braden (6), DS Deacon (4) -Stateroom 7558 (Aft)
Favorite Characters: Melinda (Simba), Jason (Rafiki), Braden (Goofy), Deacon (Mickey)
5. Teamchestnut - Catherine, Charlie, DS William (4), DD Poppy (16 months) - Stateroom 8642 (Aft)
Favorite Characters: William (Mickey & Pooh Bear) Poppy (Minnie & Tinkerbell)
6. Chenomi2 - Djene, DD Christelle (5), DD Naomi (18 months) - Stateroom 2030 (Mid Ship)
Favorite Characters: Djene (Mickey), Christelle (Rapunzel), Naomi (Minnie)
7. Marlismouse In-Laws - Bunny & Larry - Stateroom 7556 (Aft)
Favorite Characters: Bunny (Dory), Larry (Kermit)
8. Kelli34746 Rm 2 - Jean & Doug - Stateroom 6050 (Forward)
Favorite Characters: Jean (Snow White), Doug (Mickey)

Rules/Tips:
- If you sign up, you MUST give something to each cabin that is signed up.
- There is no minimum or maximum number of gifts or days you should deliver.
- There are no assigned days/times to deliver.
- List Closes 1/17/14.
- Final list will be updated by 1/18/14.
- Tip: Start with all aft (or forward) cabins, then make your way to mid ship then forward. Easier to go up and down versus across each deck.
- Tip: Deliver any items you intend people to use onboard early in the cruise.

FE Description borrowed from another group:
Named for the decor from which they hang, fish extenders are usually handmade pocket organizers (similar to a shoe caddy or mail organizer) customized with names, favorite Disney characters, etc. These pocket organizers are hung from a decorative fish ornament that is attached to the wall outside of each cabin on the Disney cruise ship.

A fish extender group is basically a gift exchange, albeit with a little extra pixie dust. Prior to the cruise, fish extender groups are formed and organized via an online Disney fan site. Once numbers are finalized, each member of the group prepares a gift for the other participating cabins. There are no rules regarding gifts (no minimum or maximum dollar value). Often times, the gifts are handmade, but not always. Once the cruise has commenced, participants deliver their gifts to the other participating staterooms, leaving them as a surprise in the fish extender pockets. One of the most fun aspects of taking part in a fish extender group is checking in throughout the day to see what little goodies are waiting.

FE Post: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50387252&postcount=36

CELEBRATION INFO
Anniversaries
luvayorkie - 5th wedding anniversary
Birthdays
shawncmc - 50th birthday
chenomi - DD's (Christelle's) 5th birthday (Jan 30)
Marlismouse (Marlis) - 39th birthday (Jan 31)
michellebriana - DD's (Briana's) 16th birthday (Jan 31)
Marlismouse (Marlis) - DS's (Carter's) 8th birthday (Feb 1)
arey89 (Amy)- DS's (Isaac's) 7th birthday (Feb 1)
chronotis (Betty) - 40th birthday (Feb 1)
triniprincess76 (Vanessa) - DD's (Sydney's) 4th birthday (Feb 5)

I will be on this cruise with my boyfriend and my two grandchildren 6 and 4. I live in Kissimmee. Hope to meet you!

Yay, someone else is sailing as well.

I am so excited. I don't even know how people organize meet ups, but I have a little bit of time to figure it out.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

I think we may be on this cruise! Me ad DH and DS (6)! We cruised with all the kids last year but looking for a quick getaway this time and bringing the youngest along.

I am so excited! My husband and I will be on this cruise. It is our first getaway together in over a decade! Our son is in college now, so no need to worry about supervision for him. Yay!

This is my second cruise on the Dream and my husbands first ever Disney cruise.

We're not doing door decor, this is just a low key, relaxing weekend for us.

The only thing we've scheduled is dinner at Palo the 2nd night of our cruise and bikes on CC. We will probably sign up for a few of the tastings or cocktail making seminars too. Other that those items we'll be soaking up the sun and sipping cocktails all weekend.

See you onboard!

Lori

I am so excited! My husband and I will be on this cruise. It is our first getaway together in over a decade! Our son is in college now, so no need to worry about supervision for him. Yay!

This is my second cruise on the Dream and my husbands first ever Disney cruise.

We're not doing door decor, this is just a low key, relaxing weekend for us.

The only thing we've scheduled is dinner at Palo the 2nd night of our cruise and bikes on CC. We will probably sign up for a few of the tastings or cocktail making seminars too. Other that those items we'll be soaking up the sun and sipping cocktails all weekend.

See you onboard!

Lori
We've scheduled Palo for the last night. I would LOVE to do the mixology class as well.

Did you request main dining or late dining?

We've scheduled Palo for the last night. I would LOVE to do the mixology class as well.

Did you request main dining or late dining?

Hubby is also interested in the Whiskey tasting so I think we'll do that as well.

We have late dining.

Hi - I just booked this cruise for a fun get away with my Best friend! It is my 14th DCL but my friend's first. Leaving our families to fend for themselves at home! I booked Palo for day 2 (not a huge fan of Pirate night),second seating for dining and I want to do the Mixology - It is a blast!

So you would go to Guest Services as soon as you board to sign up for Mixology? My best friend doesn't really drink so it may just be me. I am so excited for that. Do they have the wine and chocolate tastings on the Dream?

So you would go to Guest Services as soon as you board to sign up for Mixology? My best friend doesn't really drink so it may just be me. I am so excited for that. Do they have the wine and chocolate tastings on the Dream?

Hey - you are right, just sign up when you get on board. The drinks are small and if your friend wants to go, she can just have a sip or she can make a drink and give it to you or others around you. I do that on the drinks I don't like.

Or you can join my friend and I!

Amanda

Hey everyone!! This will be my family's first time in a Disney Cruise. We surprised our children (Kali - 7 and Kate - 5) with this as a Christmas present. So excited!!!!

My husband and I will be there, taking our first Disney cruise, celebrating my birthday (50). We live in So Cal.
Has anyone used Disney Ground transportation from Orlando airport?

Hi Everyone - I am thinking about booking this cruise for a quick getaway for myself and my youngest son (he's 8). I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Atlantis aqua adventure excursion is still open, or if it is full?

I'm also curious, as previous poster asked, about Disney ground transportation. In the past we've done a one-way car rental, but with the just the two of us, I'm going to be looking for the easiest option.

Thanks!

Can someone tell me how to join a fish extender group and when it's too late to join?? I a really new to all this. This is our first cruise but heard the fish extenders can be really fun.

Well after doing some research I do not believe we have a fish extender group started for this cruise. Anyone wanting to participate???

Well after doing some research I do not believe we have a fish extender group started for this cruise. Anyone wanting to participate???

I didn't mention the FE because the thread was started so late...I didn't know if others would have time. We can see if others chime in to determine if there's interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter