***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

So my parents are trying to come for a few days during our 10 day trip (Jan 27-Feb 5) and already Pop is sold out for the dates they want. Definitely think it will be more crowded than we assumed. I’m sad to say Sept might be the only “slow” time left for the parks. 😞

I think its possible the availability of rooms is also being affected by the staffing issues

Pop has also been filling months in advance. More reasonable price that any of the other Skyliner resorts which has driven up it's price and popularity.

Some people have reported that reservations opened up for them about 10 min or so early. Others say it was 6 am on the dot. Disney keeping us on our toes!

OMG I have 2 more sleeps!!
How did it go?

also, 5:45? Is that when the window opens??
It was so weird - I was able to get all the hard ones no problem (Space 220, Be Our Guest, Steakhouse 71, etc.) but couldn't get some of the ones I thought would be easy!

Also, I was online at 5:45 am, was able to start making reservations at 5:55 am :)

It was so weird - I was able to get all the hard ones no problem (Space 220, Be Our Guest, Steakhouse 71, etc.) but couldn't get some of the ones I thought would be easy!

Also, I was online at 5:45 am, was able to start making reservations at 5:55 am :)
Glad you got the hard ones! I read some other posts reporting the same thing about the easy ones, but they seemed to be able to get them closer to.

Thanksgiving is when I begin my ADR journey... thankfully it's just dinner on the day I arrive so hopefully no snags!

did you book from last day to first day or hardest to get first?

I wasn't able to start booking until exactly 6AM this morning. BUT - I did get Space220, Oga's and Ohana's! I had to split our party for Space220, but I'm hoping they can sit us next to or near each other. Not sure how many people will be thrilled with the kids sitting together away from the adults! lol Has anyone had any experience with having to split a party?

I wasn't able to start booking until exactly 6AM this morning. BUT - I did get Space220, Oga's and Ohana's! I had to split our party for Space220, but I'm hoping they can sit us next to or near each other. Not sure how many people will be thrilled with the kids sitting together away from the adults! lol Has anyone had any experience with having to split a party?

yay!!! congrats

did you book from last day to first day or hardest to get first?
I booked California Grill first, then Space 220 lunch, Be Our Guest, and Steakhouse 71. I basically just booked them on the days that I had planned out in an excel spreadsheet.

Space 220 we got on the third day of our trip.
Be Our Guest on the 5th day.
And (surprisingly) Steakhouse 71 on our very first night!

I was honestly surprised at how easy they were to get, exactly when we wanted them.

My ADR day is tomorrow, but I'm not doing too much on this trip. Just two reservations. One I'm not concerned about getting in Disney Springs, but the one I'm worried about is the Harmonious package on my last night at Rose and Crown. The only good thing is I have a Dreams agent so I won't be waking up at 6 am tomorrow.

I booked California Grill first, then Space 220 lunch, Be Our Guest, and Steakhouse 71. I basically just booked them on the days that I had planned out in an excel spreadsheet.

Space 220 we got on the third day of our trip.
Be Our Guest on the 5th day.
And (surprisingly) Steakhouse 71 on our very first night!

I was honestly surprised at how easy they were to get, exactly when we wanted them.

yay this gives me hope as we are only doing a 5-day trip!!!!! ty

I just booked our ADRS yesterday, and I am still unsure of a couple of things.

1) For MK, I need to choose between a late breakfast at CRT or lunch at LTT. We've never been to either, and my family is leaving this up to me. That means for me it comes down to dining in the castle or ooey gooey toffee cake. DD and I would be ordering the plant based meal from LTT, but as vegetarians instead of vegans, we would still opt for the ooey gooey toffee cake. If you had to make this choice, what would you do and why?

2) I couldn't find any reservations for Biergarten on either the 24th or the 27th, and I was making my reservations as soon as the window opened for me at 5am CST. Does this mean it really booked up that quickly, or is it possible they have not yet released reservations for that restaurant?

I just booked our ADRS yesterday, and I am still unsure of a couple of things.

1) For MK, I need to choose between a late breakfast at CRT or lunch at LTT. We've never been to either, and my family is leaving this up to me. That means for me it comes down to dining in the castle or ooey gooey toffee cake. DD and I would be ordering the plant based meal from LTT, but as vegetarians instead of vegans, we would still opt for the ooey gooey toffee cake. If you had to make this choice, what would you do and why?

2) I couldn't find any reservations for Biergarten on either the 24th or the 27th, and I was making my reservations as soon as the window opened for me at 5am CST. Does this mean it really booked up that quickly, or is it possible they have not yet released reservations for that restaurant?

1 - I've only ever been to CRT and that was for breakfast so I wouldn't be much help on that.

2 - I've been seeing a lot of people comment there's nothing for Biergarten and I'm thinking either its not released OR its going to be closed for a bit for maintenance. Doesn't seem like that would sell out as quickly as it has been, so my hunch is something else is going on.

Well, we were standing in Disneyland Monday night, waiting for the fireworks, when I asked my husband how badly did we want dining reservations? Like, did he really want me setting an alarm for 2:45am? We agreed that, well, we go enough that we could get the reservations at a later date.

Thus, at 3:05am, I woke up and my brain went HEY! CHECK FOR RESERVATIONS! I did. I got 'em - I only wanted Jaleo and (only. heh!) Steakhouse 71, so I grabbed Steakhouse 71 first - luckily, last night of our trip - and then Jaleo (first night!) and went back to sleep. :) Can't believe it's less than 60 days away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter