***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

Well, we were standing in Disneyland Monday night, waiting for the fireworks, when I asked my husband how badly did we want dining reservations? Like, did he really want me setting an alarm for 2:45am? We agreed that, well, we go enough that we could get the reservations at a later date.

Thus, at 3:05am, I woke up and my brain went HEY! CHECK FOR RESERVATIONS! I did. I got 'em - I only wanted Jaleo and (only. heh!) Steakhouse 71, so I grabbed Steakhouse 71 first - luckily, last night of our trip - and then Jaleo (first night!) and went back to sleep. :) Can't believe it's less than 60 days away.
Congrats! Your brain was like “get up! we can do it!” 😂

Congrats! Your brain was like “get up! we can do it!” 😂

Right? My brain is SOMETHING.

I should ALSO note that we arrived 4 hours late Saturday night/Sunday morning after a 2hr mechanical delay in Detroit caused us to miss our connection and beg to be rebooked to another airport, so we arrived 1am Sunday (or, you know, 4am body time), so the fact that my brain managed to wake me up AND know exactly why less than 2 days later is somewhat remarkable.

Also, flying to Orlando: not the last flight of the day, unlike flight to Anaheim
Flying home from Orlando: last flight of the day, because who wants to go home after vacation anyway? ;)

Well I got the Morimoto reservation I wanted, but looks like Rose and Crown isn't released yet for the dining package. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm really looking forward to more quick service places especially as I'm probably hopping at night and taking advantage of not being set to specific times.

1 - I've only ever been to CRT and that was for breakfast so I wouldn't be much help on that.

2 - I've been seeing a lot of people comment there's nothing for Biergarten and I'm thinking either its not released OR its going to be closed for a bit for maintenance. Doesn't seem like that would sell out as quickly as it has been, so my hunch is something else is going on.

they are asking about CRT breakfast :)

they are asking about CRT breakfast :)
Ooops! 🤦‍♀️ Ignore my brain blip there. Can you guys tell I need a trip away lol?

I think for me @Twilight Sparkle, I'd go LTT. I don't have experience with dining plant based, so of course its really a matter of preference of food, timing, and what makes an experience special for you. The LTT menu looks like its more bang for your buck. You pay more for the location with CRT for sure. As nice as the castle is, I always felt claustrophobic in there and rushed. Is that worth it for you to have that experience only you can decide.

1 - I've only ever been to CRT and that was for breakfast so I wouldn't be much help on that.

2 - I've been seeing a lot of people comment there's nothing for Biergarten and I'm thinking either its not released OR its going to be closed for a bit for maintenance. Doesn't seem like that would sell out as quickly as it has been, so my hunch is something else is going on.
Ooops! 🤦‍♀️ Ignore my brain blip there. Can you guys tell I need a trip away lol?

I think for me @Twilight Sparkle, I'd go LTT. I don't have experience with dining plant based, so of course its really a matter of preference of food, timing, and what makes an experience special for you. The LTT menu looks like its more bang for your buck. You pay more for the location with CRT for sure. As nice as the castle is, I always felt claustrophobic in there and rushed. Is that worth it for you to have that experience only you can decide.

Thanks! You helped me think through my choices more clearly. DD and I looked up reviews of CRT breakfast and LTT plant-based lunch. We've decided to go with CRT breakfast. We think the food - while not as plentiful - looks more appealing to us. Hopefully, it will also leave room for a dole whip float later on in the day. DH will be a little sad to miss out on the all you care to eat meat platters, but he is getting 2 Boma dinners, Le Cellier, and either Garden Grill or Biergarten. I think he'll live.

As for Biergarten, refurb was on my mind, too. I hope they just haven't released reservations. I'll keep checking. We'd love to try it before they return to communal dining.

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks! You helped me think through my choices more clearly. DD and I looked up reviews of CRT breakfast and LTT plant-based lunch. We've decided to go with CRT breakfast. We think the food - while not as plentiful - looks more appealing to us. Hopefully, it will also leave room for a dole whip float later on in the day. DH will be a little sad to miss out on the all you care to eat meat platters, but he is getting 2 Boma dinners, Le Cellier, and either Garden Grill or Biergarten. I think he'll live.

As for Biergarten, refurb was on my mind, too. I hope they just haven't released reservations. I'll keep checking. We'd love to try it before they return to communal dining.

Thanks again for the help!

Happy to help!

Biergarten refurb has been on my mind too. I really hope not! We've never been and it was one of the few places Husband wanted to check out.

This will be my first time going to ADR....
I can book my whole week one I am opened up for 60 days when I arrive or is it each day?
Pardon the confusion lol

Don't have that many MUST GO TO, but some that I know I want to secure.

This will be my first time going to ADR....
I can book my whole week one I am opened up for 60 days when I arrive or is it each day?
Pardon the confusion lol

Don't have that many MUST GO TO, but some that I know I want to secure.
If you're staying on property, you can book starting at 60 days, and you can book for your whole trip (up to 10 days). If you're staying off property, then it's one day at a time.

If you're staying on property, you can book starting at 60 days, and you can book for your whole trip (up to 10 days). If you're staying off property, then it's one day at a time.

Thank you!
I am staying at BW so that is a PLUS that I only have to wake up early thanksgiving day to book the whole trip!

May need to wait for Savi, but that just means I can book quickly!

When is this happening? I couldn't get Biergarten any day of our stay, even 10 days out at 6 am
No one knows why there are no reservations for Biergarten, just that no one has been able to get ADRs. Speculation is possible refurbishment. I'm really hoping not!

Broadway Concert Series Performers and Dates

Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs

• January 14th
  • January 16th through 17th
  • January 20th through 21st
Kerry Butler and Telly Leung
  • January 15th
  • January 18th through 19th
  • January 22nd through 23rd
Heidi Blickenstaff and Robert Creighton
  • January 24th
  • January 26th through 27th
  • January 30th through 31st
  • February 3rd through 4th
Kara Lindsay and Dan DeLuca
  • January 25th
  • January 28th through 29th
  • February 1st through 2nd
  • February 5th through 6th
Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland
  • February 7th
  • February 9th through 10th
  • February 13th through 14th
  • February 17th through 18th
Kissy Simmons and Michael James Scott
  • February 8th
  • February 11th through 12th
  • February 15th through 16th
  • February 19th through 20th
There will also be a special performance on February 21st, 2021 where you can see an extended finale featuring Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Kissy Simmons, and Michael James Scott!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter