• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

Hoping on the discounts discussion…

We went this same time in 2020 and I don’t remember any general discounts getting released. I think Jan/Feb has become very popular. I’m thinking the discounts for the general public for this time won’t be happening. 😞

Tomorrow's my day. Going to bed early tonight!
Our day was today. We got Whispering Canyon for dinner, Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, 50s PTC for lunch, and Topolinos for a late breakfast. We also got Beaches and Cream for late night ice cream, which was one of my husband's requests.

Nothing for Biergarten or Space 220 during our whole trip. S220 doesn't surprise me. No one has been able to book Biergarten in January, which makes me think there's an issue.

Good luck @mdguy429. Report back how it goes.

@mouschievous. Yes that is odd there was nothing for Biergarten. I wonder if there's some renovations going on.

Doing a split stay (why can’t Disney recognize a whole trip on property?!) so my first ADR day is tomorrow (11/16) and my second is Thursday (11/18).

Updated 11/18 with the results of this morning's efforts!
Wishfully Hoping for:
  • Topolino’s breakfast - didn't get, but have a dining alert set
  • CRT - 1/16 - was able to book, but at sub-optimal times, had to split the group and the times are an hour apart. Have set a dining alert and hoping to tweak
  • Sci Fi - 1/17 - was able to book, had to split the group. One of the times was great, one was 2 hours later - Have set a dining alert and hoping to tweak
  • Space 220 - didn't get, but have a dining alert set
  • T-Rex - 1/15 - nothing open at 6:00 am, but set a dining alert and something popped up at about 10:15 am. It's at 9:00 p.m. not great for a 4 year old. but will hope to tweak.
Realistically hoping to get:
  • Jungle Skipper Canteen - 1/16 - secured this as a back up in case we can't adjust the CRT reservations to be closer together.
  • Tusker House - booked!

Back Ups are:
  • 50s Prime Time - booked!
  • Hollywood & Vine - booked!
Was also able to book Oga's for "lunch", and Topolino's and Toledo for my solo dinners once the rest of the crew leaves.

Also was able to book two light saber reservations at Savi's at good times on 1/16 and our VIP tour for 1/19.

Last edited:
Joining! Doing 5 nights on the Magic (CC DOUBLE DIP!!!) and then 1/22-1/24 Coronado and 1/24-1/27 Yacht Club. First time for both, trying to stay at as many new resorts as I can!

I’m hoping for the fireworks pre-party at MK my last night and dinner at Toledo. Other than that, I plan to eat at every food booth for Festival of the Arts!

Question from a first timer - right now the times say that MK closes at 8, but lists fireworks as 8 pm. Does that happen often, that fireworks happen at the same time as park closing?
It does happen! Though they have been extending the hours about 2 weeks before for some days, so I am hopeful for some slightly later nights!

It does happen! Though they have been extending the hours about 2 weeks before for some days, so I am hopeful for some slightly later nights!
We are also hoping for that, among other things.

So how does it work when closing and fireworks are at the same time? We will have the extended hours one night, so we don't want to do the dessert party that night, but we thought it might be fun to hop over on a different day.

We are also hoping for that, among other things.

So how does it work when closing and fireworks are at the same time? We will have the extended hours one night, so we don't want to do the dessert party that night, but we thought it might be fun to hop over on a different day.
If you are watching the fireworks, you will exit the park (be prepared for a mass of humanity shoulder to shoulder, shuffling forward) exiting the parks after the fireworks. Shops on Main Street are open for approx 1 hour after park close. We often wander around those (with hundreds of others) until transportation lines slow a little.

At all Disney parks, you may enter a ride queue up until 1 min before park closing and you will be allowed to ride. If you go to MK (or any other park) in the evening snd do not want to watch fireworks, you may line up for an attraction up until 7:59 if the park closes at 8:00. Warning that wait times are traditionally greatly inflated towards park closing to deter people from joining the queue.

If you want to see the fireworks, many will begin finding their spots 90 mins before the fireworks start. Be prepared for everyone to stand up the moment they start. Not ideal but just what is done so if you have a child place them on your hip if the need a better viewing spot.

I did and the only thing I could get was a 1 person for Oga's and 3 for coral reef. Hoping it gets better closer to the date. 8f you are off property good luck. Ots terrible

Hours being changed to later! On both my August and my Sept/October trips two Fridays prior to the trip there were hours extensions at all parks for certain/all days.

Well that would be cool. I would not mind having a couple of hours after fireworks to do some rides if it were available.

So my parents are trying to come for a few days during our 10 day trip (Jan 27-Feb 5) and already Pop is sold out for the dates they want. Definitely think it will be more crowded than we assumed. I’m sad to say Sept might be the only “slow” time left for the parks. 😞

So my parents are trying to come for a few days during our 10 day trip (Jan 27-Feb 5) and already Pop is sold out for the dates they want. Definitely think it will be more crowded than we assumed. I’m sad to say Sept might be the only “slow” time left for the parks. 😞

Availability is constantly changing - definitely think Disney is rigging this because scarcity can lead to high demand. I would keep checking back.
We're going 1/22 - 1/31 and the crowd levels are still between 4-5 in Touringplans.

Availability is constantly changing - definitely think Disney is rigging this because scarcity can lead to high demand. I would keep checking back.
We're going 1/22 - 1/31 and the crowd levels are still between 4-5 in Touringplans.

Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

Looks like my planned date for extended hours paid off with my park reservations...
Now comes the tricky dining reservations.... I am nervous/excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter