January 2020 Discounts

Fall discounts were super late this year. That could push everything back.

My sense was that this may have been driven by Galaxy's Edge, and their internal calculations on if/when/how much discounts were needed to drive up demand. But that's just a guess. Now that there's more certainty of the impact (or lack thereof?) of GE on attendance, we'll hope they keep to a similar schedule (for those of us anxiously waiting).

I know that some of my planning revolves around precisely where we are staying - so I'm hoping for soon!

Hi there! Currently booked at POFQ Jan 28-Feb 4. We normally book free dining in fall and POFQ is not usually included in discounts. But looking at history it's included for the PSD. So, I'm hoping for that. I'm willing to move resorts if I need to, though. Between waiting for 2020 discounts and the Mom's Panel I'm checking things constantly!!

I called yesterday, trying to get AP discount for marathon weekend. cM said not released yet, said probably at the end of the month and then said mid-October later. Seems like they don't have info released to CM yet or he was confused (or both???)

I noticed that last year and the year before, the January Visa discounts hit the same day as general public. Really hoping Disney gives the Visa holders a day or two earlier this year. What I am wondering...for those who have done this before...what are the odds of getting room discounts for Marathon week? The dates were included in previous discounts, but it wouldn't be my first time calling for a discount just to find that there's next to nothing discounted for my dates. I already have a room booked at CBR, so I'm good there...but wondering if any of you have had luck with room discounts at this time.

We have always been able to get a discount for marathon weekend, but that's only because we're flexible regarding the resort. Many times, our first choice resort is not discounted, so we just choose something else. For marathon weekend 2020, we booked a 1-bedroom at OKW (just in case - I can tolerate the rack rate) but would change our reservation to a 2-bedroom in a minute if discounts appear.

We have always been able to get a discount for marathon weekend, but that's only because we're flexible regarding the resort. Many times, our first choice resort is not discounted, so we just choose something else. For marathon weekend 2020, we booked a 1-bedroom at OKW (just in case - I can tolerate the rack rate) but would change our reservation to a 2-bedroom in a minute if discounts appear.

We've done similar things for a discount. Sometimes, it's just been a matter of upgrading room type...since a garden view room with a discount is often cheaper than a rack rate standard room. Still, we've switched resorts too. I dropped the Contemporary once because the Poly was the only deluxe I liked with discounted rooms. Another time, we switched from WL to AKL for the same reason. My friend is at least on board for this.

Hi, someone mentioned monitoring this board and a “moms panel”, could someone elaborate please? I didn’t know this wonderful place full of insights existed and I can’t get enough!! 😊😊

Hi, someone mentioned monitoring this board and a “moms panel”, could someone elaborate please? I didn’t know this wonderful place full of insights existed and I can’t get enough!! 😊😊

That was me. The Disney Parks Mom's Panel is a Q&A forum. Once a year, Disney accepts applications to next year's panel. Round 1 ended a few weeks ago, waiting to hear who gets to move on to Round 2. For more info look here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2020-disney-parks-moms-panel-search.3767286/

Booked a room only NYE-Jan 6. What if a discount for 2020 is released? Historically Jan 1 is start of discount. What do I do for Dec 31? As of now nothing available for 1 night. I’d have to split it & book 12/31-1/2 and 1/2-1/6.
Should I book a split stay now, so that I’d possibly qualify to get some of the week at a better rate? Have Disney Visa and AP now. Awaiting discount news

So my wife and I are thinking of doing a one week trip sometime in last two weeks of January or early February, just waiting to see what kind of discounts show up as that affects vacation package prices (or at least, adds perks if this year they add free dining, you never know, right?). Thinking one of the value resorts, any recommendations? Will likely have a rental car so don't mind driving to the different parks, so not reliant on buses. Most interested in spending time at MK, new Star Wars land, some EPCOT, least interested in Animal Kingdom, water parks. Have stayed at Port Orleans (2011) and Caribbean (1992 - yes, that long ago!). Would like one with a nice pool area for sitting and relaxing, don't care so much about restaurants. Going to start reading the various guides but thought I'd go to the real experts first. (have also been to DL twice, one Disney Cruise and DLParis last year).

All Star Movies has renovated rooms with queen sized beds and laminate flooring. Not sure that the other All Stars have been updated yet. Pop Century is on the Skyliner line so that's a plus. The drawback there is that is costs a few more bucks per night because of the Skyliner

Booked a room only NYE-Jan 6. What if a discount for 2020 is released? Historically Jan 1 is start of discount. What do I do for Dec 31? As of now nothing available for 1 night. I’d have to split it & book 12/31-1/2 and 1/2-1/6.
Should I book a split stay now, so that I’d possibly qualify to get some of the week at a better rate? Have Disney Visa and AP now. Awaiting discount news

We had a stay booked for NYE 2018 through January 5. When the discounts came out we booked a new reservation for the part of the stay that was discounted (I can't remember if it was January 1-5 or January 2-5) and modified the original reservation down to December 31-Jan 1 or 2. I did this all over the phone with a cast member. I have no idea if this is still possible to do though. I have heard some people say that they weren't able to modify their vacations to a shorter stay.

In January 2019 our reservation was only January 2-6 and we just modified the whole reservation. That was our best discount ever!

All Star Movies has renovated rooms with queen sized beds and laminate flooring. Not sure that the other All Stars have been updated yet. Pop Century is on the Skyliner line so that's a plus. The drawback there is that is costs a few more bucks per night because of the Skyliner

Thanks for sharing this info! We haven't been in about 4 years and are trying to decide which value to try and book for January. This helps a lot!

Thanks for sharing this info! We haven't been in about 4 years and are trying to decide which value to try and book for January. This helps a lot!
Double check refurbishments- pop main pool is going to be under refurbishment and for that we are going to try a different resort

We are staying at AS Sports. We’ve stayed there at least 3 times prior. No complaints. We are at the parks ALL day, and hotel is clean and practical enough for us. No bells and whistles but I wasn’t looking for that. I’d rather put cost towards more park tickets and dining!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter