January 2020 Discounts

The discounts are based on needing to fill resorts that have lower reservations, so I think it can vary from year to year. I know OKW has been included in the past. That's what I'm hoping for! I want to book a 1 br and am hoping for a 20-25% discount. Fingers crossed!
I think deluxe will be deeper than that. At least I’m hoping.

Can everyone remind me.... we haven’t been in 3 years and my memory is fuzzy... should we book now and if discounts are released call right away and have it applied or is that not how it works and better to wait - will be using Disney visa if that matters

Can everyone remind me.... we haven’t been in 3 years and my memory is fuzzy... should we book now and if discounts are released call right away and have it applied or is that not how it works and better to wait - will be using Disney visa if that matters
You can do it however you want to do it. My tactic is always to book a room I'm ok with paying rack rate for in case they don't do discounts, or don't release good discounts, for the resort that I really want. Like right now I have a little mermaid room booked but hoping for BWI, I refuse to pay the current price for BWI rooms so I'm just holding on to the value room just in case because I can stomach that price. If you're ok with paying rack rate for the room you really want then book it knowing that there may not be discounts for that room/room category, wait to book anything, or do what I did. It really is personal preference on how you approach it.

Just wondering if discounts come out, is it possible to do the rebooking/ changes to an existing booking all online. Or do we have to get on the phone and pray for a nice customer service person?

Bumping this question cause I'm curious as well!

You can do it however you want to do it. My tactic is always to book a room I'm ok with paying rack rate for in case they don't do discounts, or don't release good discounts, for the resort that I really want. Like right now I have a little mermaid room booked but hoping for BWI, I refuse to pay the current price for BWI rooms so I'm just holding on to the value room just in case because I can stomach that price. If you're ok with paying rack rate for the room you really want then book it knowing that there may not be discounts for that room/room category, wait to book anything, or do what I did. It really is personal preference on how you approach it.
Gotcha
But just cause I’m still a bit confused lol
If we book where we would stay regardless if any discounts... but an applicable discount is released for where we have booked- can we apply it (realizing limited rooms are released with the discount etc)
Thanks so much for replying!!!

Does anybody know how I would be able to take the Visa offer (we are card holders) if I made my initial deposit with a non-Disney card?

For the last 2 years the Disney Visa rate has been between 25-35% off, with most deluxe resorts falling in the 35% category. I am really hoping that will be the case again this year.
Me too. We are booked at Poly. so fingers crossed.

will be using Disney visa if that matters
In the past the only way to get the Disney Visa discount (or special dates) has been to call. I think there have been a few instances where it could be done on line if you had the link.
if I am wrong hopefully some one will correct me.

Gotcha
But just cause I’m still a bit confused lol
If we book where we would stay regardless if any discounts... but an applicable discount is released for where we have booked- can we apply it (realizing limited rooms are released with the discount etc)
Thanks so much for replying!!!
Yes, you can apply it either by calling or by doing a reservation change online, I always do a change online. There are different things you can change like discounts, room category, or resort and I always start with the discount when they come out. If there isn’t one for your room category it will show you other room categories at the resort, and I believe it gives you a change to check other resorts as well (haven’t done it since May so I’m a bit rusty lol). It’s easy though, don’t worry :)

In the past the only way to get the Disney Visa discount (or special dates) has been to call. I think there have been a few instances where it could be done on line if you had the link.
if I am wrong hopefully some one will correct me.
Yes and the Visa link can be hard to find. It isn’t always there on the list of discounts and it isn’t always listed on the Disney Rewards website. Two years ago I kept having to come back here to click on a link someone posted to reach it. 🙄 No idea why it was made so difficult. But when you call they know, I just felt that after waiting one hold I needed to be ready to make a reservation instead of doing price comparisons between resort options.

This morning when I go on Disney’s website and click special offers to see the discounts it goes to Disney international specials. Weird. Anyone else have that happen?

This morning when I go on Disney’s website and click special offers to see the discounts it goes to Disney international specials. Weird. Anyone else have that happen?
I checked the website around 7AM EDT and just saw the 2 discounts that expire on 9/29.

I've actually been sitting here...looking at release dates for past years...counting weeks and days...in the vain hope of finding a consistent pattern. All, I've found is that it's been between the 39th and 40th week of the year and typically on a Tuesday or Wednesday. But knowing Disney, they could change it up and I'd miss out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter