• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2020 Discounts

That was me. The Disney Parks Mom's Panel is a Q&A forum. Once a year, Disney accepts applications to next year's panel. Round 1 ended a few weeks ago, waiting to hear who gets to move on to Round 2. For more info look here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2020-disney-parks-moms-panel-search.3767286/
Thanks for the info! It sounds interesting to check out as a reader AND a contributor! Does Disney provide any kickbacks or benefits if you are selected? That’s right, anything for a Disney discount!!

Thanks for the info! It sounds interesting to check out as a reader AND a contributor! Does Disney provide any kickbacks or benefits if you are selected? That’s right, anything for a Disney discount!!

If selected, there is a training trip with the other panelists. You do get a rewards trip, but details on that are kept pretty private. This is my 4th time applying and I've never made it past Round 1, so I've yet to find whatever pixie dust they are looking for!

Nothing new in special offers. The booking window for current offers ends Sept 29, so perhaps we won't see/hear anything until next week.

If selected, there is a training trip with the other panelists. You do get a rewards trip, but details on that are kept pretty private. This is my 4th time applying and I've never made it past Round 1, so I've yet to find whatever pixie dust they are looking for!
Gotcha - i imagine it must be crazy competitive, but good luck with applying!

Nothing new in special offers. The booking window for current offers ends Sept 29, so perhaps we won't see/hear anything until next week.
I got all excited at 1am last night when i saw the special offers webpage was down. But nothing :( I believe they usually have offers overlap between one expiring and a new one coming on? Dang this waiting! According to my research, in 2018, the offers were released on a Wednesday - hence my excitement. The waiting continues!:bored:

Does anybody know how I would be able to take the Visa offer (we are card holders) if I made my initial deposit with a non-Disney card?
I'm wondering the same thing. I booked with my Disney Visa Rewards card, so I'm wondering if that's enough to get the discount. I would have put my deposit on the actual Disney Visa card, instead of using my rewards money, had I known. Hopefully, someone on here will answer :)

I'm wondering the same thing. I booked with my Disney Visa Rewards card, so I'm wondering if that's enough to get the discount. I would have put my deposit on the actual Disney Visa card, instead of using my rewards money, had I known. Hopefully, someone on here will answer :)

I am pretty sure the deposit has to be on the Disney Visa. But, a helpful CM should be able to cancel and re-book your vacation using the Disney Visa for the deposit. That is what we had to do one time.

I am pretty sure the deposit has to be on the Disney Visa. But, a helpful CM should be able to cancel and re-book your vacation using the Disney Visa for the deposit. That is what we had to do one time.

My sense was this as well - and yes to a CM being able to help out over the phone. Since I hate talking on the phone, I'm likely to try and apply any discounts online first, and if that doesn't work, simply cancel and re-book with the discount (very quickly!).

Maybe news tomorrow, based in 2018 discounts/promo calendar for 2019:

2019 Discounts and Codes
Stay datesType of DiscountBecame Available / Expired
1/1/19-3/9/19discounted package deal (Play Stay Dine) for general public9/26/18, exp 1/2/19
1/1/19-4/27/1915%-25% off room-only rates for general public (also bookable as package)9/26/18, exp 4/27/19
1/1/19-4/27/1925%-35% on room-only rates for Disney Visa cardholders (also bookable as package)9/26/18, exp 4/27/19
1/1/19-4/27/1925%-35% off room-only rates for Annual Passholders (also bookable as AP package)11/5/18, exp 4/27/19
1/1/19-4/27/1920%-30% off room-only rates for Florida Residents (also bookable as package)11/16/18, exp 4/27/19

Last time I booked a trip on my non-Disney card, I had to have that reservation canceled and a new one booked for the discount on my Disney Visa. And then it was 7-10 business days quoted for the refund on my non-Disney card.

Maybe news tomorrow, based in 2018 discounts/promo calendar for 2019:

2019 Discounts and Codes
Stay datesType of DiscountBecame Available / Expired
1/1/19-3/9/19discounted package deal (Play Stay Dine) for general public9/26/18, exp 1/2/19
1/1/19-4/27/1915%-25% off room-only rates for general public (also bookable as package)9/26/18, exp 4/27/19
1/1/19-4/27/1925%-35% on room-only rates for Disney Visa cardholders (also bookable as package)9/26/18, exp 4/27/19
1/1/19-4/27/1925%-35% off room-only rates for Annual Passholders (also bookable as AP package)11/5/18, exp 4/27/19
1/1/19-4/27/1920%-30% off room-only rates for Florida Residents (also bookable as package)11/16/18, exp 4/27/19
I'm just excited to finally attach a special offer to my package. That balance due is crazy high. I (sadly) might need to switch resorts, though.

I kept telling myself I was happy with the resort I booked, but then I did what I always do in these situations.... MATH! Disney MATH! Ya know...the kind that helps you justify that upgrade if the pricing difference isn't that far off from what you've already budgeted. It's the most maddening and exciting kind of math I know!

Sorry if this has already been discussed but do you get a better discount if you use a Disney Visa card? Or what is the Visa offer mentioned above?

Sorry if this has already been discussed but do you get a better discount if you use a Disney Visa card? Or what is the Visa offer mentioned above?

Yes, historically the Disney Visa offer has been between 25-35% off room only rates while the general public rate is usually between 15-25% off.

For me personally that extra 10% is a big incentive to have a Disney Visa card and has allowed me to book higher level hotels in the past.

I kept telling myself I was happy with the resort I booked, but then I did what I always do in these situations.... MATH! Disney MATH! Ya know...the kind that helps you justify that upgrade if the pricing difference isn't that far off from what you've already budgeted. It's the most maddening and exciting kind of math I know!
This is the only kind of MATH I like to do lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter