• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JANUARY 2012 Check In! Let's Start Planning!

Well, we are home!

We all agreed that this trip ranked as one of the best, if not the best Disney trip ever for my family! Everyday was perfect...the weather was sunny and mild, the food wonderful, and the crowds non-existant! We walked on virtually every ride!

We missed the winter storm back home. The kids were going to miss three days days of school, but school was closed because of the weather for 2 of them.

Unfortunately we had to come home to this mess. We were happy that our flight wasn't cancelled, but the roads are terrible. It took nearly a hour to clear the car of ice and snow. We then got stuck and ended up in a ditch while going to the kennel to pick up our dog. Luckily a wonderful man stopped with his tractor and pulled us free. We made it all the way to our street before getting stuck again. We abandoned our vehicle and walked home in our California weather clothes. My husband has been trying to get the car home ever since. He has it almost home now. Unfortunately it is now acting weird and it looks like we will probably have to get it to the shop.

What a difference a day makes!

We have 11 more days for our JAN Disers to make their way to California! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Well, we are home!

We all agreed that this trip ranked as one of the best, if not the best Disney trip ever for my family! Everyday was perfect...the weather was sunny and mild, the food wonderful, and the crowds non-existant! We walked on virtually every ride!

We missed the winter storm back home. The kids were going to miss three days days of school, but school was closed because of the weather for 2 of them.

Unfortunately we had to come home to this mess. We were happy that our flight wasn't cancelled, but the roads are terrible. It took nearly a hour to clear the car of ice and snow. We then got stuck and ended up in a ditch while going to the kennel to pick up our dog. Luckily a wonderful man stopped with his tractor and pulled us free. We made it all the way to our street before getting stuck again. We abandoned our vehicle and walked home in our California weather clothes. My husband has been trying to get the car home ever since. He has it almost home now. Unfortunately it is now acting weird and it looks like we will probably have to get it to the shop.

What a difference a day makes!

We have 11 more days for our JAN Disers to make their way to California! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Glad you are back and that you had a wonderful trip. I hope you will be sharing some pictures with us soon.

Sorry about the weather and getting stuck twice. I hope everything goes okay with the car.

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful trip as well!

We are staying at the BWPPI.

We go to DL yearly. Have fun! Dont over plan. Make sure you grab fastpasses and use them. Have fun!

Is that Paradise Pier?

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:I hope the sun is shining in California tomorrow for
katyblue04, ddwlms, quatrom, and DisneyVaulter! Have a great time!
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Thanks...we had such a blast! We will plan annual January trips from now on! Just can't beat this time of year!

My daughter had an amazing Mickey & Minnie birthday party today! It was such a blast.

332020_10150625622701955_513191954_11117251_2062506690_o.jpg

She's so excited to hit the road tomorrow! :) Well, none of us are excited about the 6+ hour road trip, but I can't wait to see her face when we walk into the PPH and see that Goofy statue! :yay:

My boyfriend and I just got back earlier tonight. We actually made a semi-last minute decision to leave on the 15th instead of the 16th to devote entirely to DTD shopping, but I totally forgot to change my date on here until it was too late! I had no internet access for my entire trip because I don't like bringing my laptop, so I couldn't even check up on this thread, but I just wanted to give a brief report of our trip.

We stayed at the DLH and got a free room upgrade in the tower we requested. :cool1: The rooms are beautiful. It only rained Sunday night and this morning. Sunday's rain didn't bother us since we were headed back to the hotel to eat dinner after shopping anyway. This morning's rain allowed us to go on Peter Pan 6 times, as well as several other Fantasyland rides all during our Magic Morning hour, so that was fantastic! Peter Pan was being refurbished when we went in 2009 and I couldn't remember it from when I was a child, so it felt like a new experience to me. The crowds were manageable. It was hard to ignore the fact that HM and Carnation Cafe were closed, but on the bright side it did give us a chance to try some new things. Storytellers Cafe has been added to our list of favorite DLR restaurants (LOVED the four cheese ravioli), and we liked all but one thing we ordered from Jolly Holiday Bakery.

This trip was an interesting one. When we went in May of '09 it seemed that we got our timing perfect for maximum ride time even though the crowds were much heavier and it was our very first vacation together. I don't know what it was about this trip but we didn't start getting our timing right until yesterday, which was our last full day in the parks. We felt a bit rushed most of the time because of the shorter park hours and our poor FastPass planning, and we had a few other mishaps as well. However, even with all of the ups and downs of this trip, we still had a great time and have created many wonderful DLR memories. I'll be posting some pics on the food thread as soon as I get them uploaded from my camera and remember how to post them on here.

To all of you currently at DLR or who still have yet to go, have a wonderful time! :thumbsup2 Have a strawberry lemon cupcake from Jolly Holiday Bakery for me. I miss them already! :rotfl2:

Yeah! We made it safe and sound from AK. Looking forward to breakfast with Minnie and a fun day in the park.

:hourglass: Happy Chinese New Year Everyone! Happy year of the Dragon! :hourglass:

:woohoo::wave2::woohoo:More JAN DISers on their way tomorrow, Joe5000, lcub, and Homemom! :woohoo: :wave2: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter