• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JANUARY 2012 Check In! Let's Start Planning!

Halloweenqueen

Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...
`````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````` ```` :cloud9:

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
jandis2.gif

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` January 2012

Are you planning a trip to Disneyland in January? Please post your dates and where you are staying. I'll update the list daily. :)

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` Our Dates

*30-4.................mshrm
*31-4.................ArchOwl
*31-6.................nottellin'
*1-8...................oilrok
*1-8...................lauran cameron SSR
*2-5...................love2go2disney2 Crowne Plaza
*2-6...................Tollerwalker PPH
*2-6...................Canadian Disney Mom GCHV
*2-6...................Saraww Anaheim Del Sol
*2-6...................chttyangel
*2-6...................fidoprincess DLH
*2-6...................iluvdisney GCHV
*2-9...................canadadisney BWPPI
*3......................goofiNess
*3-5...................queenbetsey PPH
*3-6...................spiderdust BW Anaheim
*3-6...................planegirl99
*4-7...................Judy from Boise PPH
*4-7...................iridemyownmc DLH
*4-6...................IndayMichelle Cortona Inn
*5-8...................Goofy_Mom Sheraton
*6-7...................downbeat
*6-8...................princesskelsey Red Lion
*6-9...................amandamims Holiday Inn
*7-11..................PlutoIsHere
*7-11..................JonKPest Residence Inn Cypress
*8-10.................ChristineandLiv HoJo
*8-12..................mamaofthree PPH
*8-14..................jkjwill Worldmark Anaheim
*9-11..................Eeyore11081
*11-15.................Tiff172 Hyatt Regency Orange County
*11-17.................brookelizabeth PPH and GCH
*11-18.................Yzerbear19 BWPPI
*12-14.................ForTheLoveOfDCL BWPPI
*13-16................grumpyskirtgirl BWPPI
*13-16................Katink DLH
*14-15................94bruin
*14-16................challada
*15-18................starshine514 Desert Inn
*15-19................disneydreamer74 DLH
*15-20................CrystalS PPH
*16.....................disneyobsessed808
*16-19................twinslovedisney
*16-20................Halloweenqueen Desert Inn
*16-21................SilentFeline DLH
*18-21.................myxdvz GCV
*18-21.................DizMe PPH
*18-22................magicmaker1 PPH
*18-25................mamamouseketeer
*20.....................aymekae
*20-25................Disneydreamsdancer Fairfield inn marriott
*21-25................fastred600 Del Sol Inn
*21-28................newcomer52 GCV
*22-25................katyblue04 PPH
*22-25................ddwlms PPH
*22-25................quatrom
*22-27................DisneyVaulter
*23-?..................Jaffa
*24-28................Joe5000 BWPPI
*24-29................lcub-BWPPI
*24-31................Homemom GCH
*25-27................Echie
*25-29................M&M-Mommy Anaheim Worldmark
*25-Feb 2nd.........Lucille1963 VCH
*26-28................princesszelda BWPPI
*26-29................BayAreaMom HoJo
*26-29................fitzaboo
*26-30................Moonbill2002
*26-30................AquaDame Carousel Inn
*26-30................DizFan13 Hojo
*27-30................3Minnies1Mickey Super 8
*27-31................specialks BW Stovalls
*27-30................Kim3339 BWPPI
*27-1..................suzysharp DLH
*27-30................TiggerFan3590 Residence Inn
*27-30................krash2501
*27-30................queen mimi DLH
*27-30................justkeepswimmin GCHV
*27-30................liesel HoJo
*28-31................SeattleTink
*29-4.................LuvLuvLuv PPH and GCH and V
*29-5.................lochcarron
*31-4.................dr&momto2boys

Unfortunately, January also brings along the risk of attraction closures.​

refurb-1.jpg

Disneyland

Plaza Pavillion is closed for conversion to the Mary Poppins-themed Jolly Holiday Bakery Café, set to open on January 7, 2012.
Blue Ribbon Bakery will close on January 5, 2012 for conversion to to an indoor seating area for the Carnation Cafe which will also be closed until Summer 2012.
Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor will be closed from January to Spring of 2012 for renovation and the addition of indoor space.
Candy Palace will be closed from January to Spring of 2012 for renovation and the addition of indoor space.
The Refreshment Corner will be closed for floor replacement from January 5 through February 9, 2012.
Penny Arcade will be closed for refurbishment through Spring, 2012.
Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm will be closed for holiday decor removal from January 9 to 18.
The Matterhorn Bobsleds will be closed for refurbishment from January 9 through June 14, 2012.
Haunted Mansion will be closed from January 23 through January 23, 2012 for removal of the holiday overlay.
it's a small world will be closed from January 9 through February 2, 2012 for removal of the holiday overlay.
Sailing Ship Columbia will be closed for refurbishment from January 23 through February 17, 2012.
Fantasmic! will be on hiatus from January 9 through March 2, 2012.
Davy Crockett Canoe Docks will be closed for refurbishment on January 24.
Cafe Orleans will be closed January 24 through 26 for refurbishment.
Main Street USA Hub Cappuccino (Coffee) Cart #1 will be closed for refurbishment from January 30 through February 17, 2012.
Redd Rockett's Pizza Port will be closed for refurbishment from January 30 through February 10, 2012.
Disney California Adventure

Cars Land and The Main Entrance will be under construction until Summer 2012. Cars Land will feature three immersive family attractions showcasing characters and settings from the movie, including one of the largest and most elaborate attractions ever created for a Disney park: Radiator Springs Racers, a twisting turning, high-speed adventure through the town and desert valleys of Radiator Springs. Other Cars Land attractions will include Luigi's Flying Tires (striking a chord with anyone who remembers the Flying Saucers in Tomorrowland) and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, a spinning attraction with a musical, hoedown theme. Guests also will enjoy "Cars"-themed dining and shopping locations. Carthay Circle Theatre will be the new icon of DCA and the centerpiece of Buena Vista Street and will feature a new high-end restaurant inside. The Red Car Trolley will transport guests to and from DCA's Main Entrance down Buena Vista Street and to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
Sunshine Plaza churro and popcorn carts, East Block Guest Relations, Engine-Ear Toys Co. & Mortimer's Market will close during Main Entrance area development scheduled for completion Summer 2012. The Engine-Ears Toys complex will reopen with two new spaces, Julius Katz Shoe & Watch Repair (mugs and housewares) and Trolley Treats replacing Engine-Ears Toys. Main Entrance locker and restrooms will also be under development. During this closure, Taste Pilots Grill in Condor Flats will offer breakfast option, and Package Check Service will be offered at Fly n Buy.
Baker's Field Bakery is closed for conversion to Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream and Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream for conversion to Fiddler, Fife, and Practical Cafe, both until May 2012.
Greetings from California will be closed until May 30, 2012 for renovation and is expected to have three unique inner-connected storefronts when it reopens including: Los Feliz Five and Dime (souvenirs), the Dumbo-themed Big Top Toys (toys from the former Engine-Ears Toys) and the Elias & Co. Department Store (clothing, accessories, collectibles, and art).
The Redwood Challenge Creek Trail will be closed for refurbishment from January 9 through 27
World of Color will be closed for routine maintenance January 17-19 and again on January 23-26, 2012. Note: rumor is this closure may not take place.
The Golden Zephyr will be closed for routine maintenance January 9 through January 13, 2012
Grizzly River Run will be closed for refurbishment from January 23 through March 9, 2012
Soarin' Over California - Theater A will be closed for refurbishment January 23 through 27, 2012
Soarin' Over California will be closed for refurbishment January 30 through February 3, 2012
Downtown Disney District

Island Charters will close permanently on January 8, 2012. No word on what vendor will locate in the space, if any.
La Brea Bakery is partially closed for remodel. The Bakery's "Express" side is completely closed and full-service sit-down portion remains open. Grand Opening is scheduled for first week of April 2012.
Compass Books & Cafe<,strong> will close permanently on March 31, 2012. No word on what new merchant, if any, will occupy the space.

Why January? The answer is simple....​

jandis4.jpg

NO CROWDS!!!​

Now there are trade off in going in the off season. For more information read Hydroguy's threads...

"What You Should Know About Off-Season at DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889

"HydroGuy's High Season/Off Season Tradeoff Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199852

General January Information​

jancalendar.png

Holidays...Martin Luther King Jr Day is January 16th
Chinese New Year is January 23rd

Weather​

January is the coolest average month in Anaheim
Average high...69
Average low...49
Average rainfall...2.4 inches

Disneyland Events...​

jandis2.jpg

Tinkerbell Half Marathon January 27th-29th

A wonderful fundraiser has been organized for Give Kids the World. Information at this thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2710501

More events as they are announced.

Park Hours...to be announced​

Anaheim Convention Calendar​

National Recreation & Park Association Planning Meeting 01/05/12 01/06/12
HEMPCon 01/06/12 01/08/12
Anaheim Bolts - January 2012 01/06/12 01/06/12
NAMM, the International Music Products Association 01/19/12 01/22/12
Anaheim Bolts - January 27, 2012 01/27/12 01/28/12
Craft & Hobby Association Winter Convention & Trade Show 01/29/12 02/01/12

I'm (Kim) going for the Tinkerbell 1/2 and 5K. :tink: Going down The 27th and as of right now, coming back on the 30th, but I might leave the 29th. Staying at the Carousel Inn. There's also a W.I.S.H. Thread for the Tink race, can you please add it? Here it is:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2705389

Hopefully even with the race, it won't be that crowded!

Thanks!!

I'm also tentatively planning to be there for the 1/2 marathon....it will be my first! We are talking about coming down on the 26th and leaving around the 30th. My husband said I just want to do the 1/2 marathon so it gives us a reason to head back down to Disneyland (he's partially right!). But doing a 1/2 marathon is on my bucket list and what better place to do it then Disneyland?!? This is provided finances are in order, the marathon doesn't sell out prior to our next payday :eek: and we can get the time off work. :thumbsup2

HI

Thanks for starting this thread. This will be our first trip to Disneyland (from the 24 to 29). We will probably try the BWPPI due to its location. We have 2 daughters 5 and 8 who will be taking part in the kids' races at the Tinkerbell marathon. After our DL days we're going on the Disney Wonder. Can't wait!!

We are! We are!

We'll be at Disneyland January 8, 9 and 10th. I have been to Disneyland once, 25 years ago, DH has never been, and this will be DD's (6) first trip as well. DH and I also have not been to Disney World since we were in our early teens, so this trip will be a reintroduction to the Disney experience.

So happy to see this thread!! Thank you!

Oh, and right now we have reservations at HoJos.

My family including my parents and the wifes parents with our two kids 6 and 4 will be there between Jan 1 - 8.

We are so excited and haven't told the kids yet.

I'll be there!!! :banana:

No hotel booked yet but probably either carousel inn & suites or marriott fairfield, but flights all booked & paid for from NZ to L.A, staying 20/1 - 25/1 with my mom for my birthday on 24/1, i'm so excited already!! :goodvibes

We are coming in for the tink half (and my birthday is the 26th!). Currently planning on 26th-30th at the Alpine Inn.

We'll be there!!!!

My husband, son and I will be staying at the VGC from January 25 - February 2. I can't wait! We've visited DL at all times of the year but the end of January is our favorite. The perfect time to get the heck out of Chicago!!

We are heading out from the East Coast in our RV sometime in early January. Hope to make it to DL by the end of the month. Can you tell we are going to take our time and are making alot of stops along the way? We went to DL for the first time in Jan 2010 and we were both sick so it wasn't the best of trips. Really, really looking forward to this upcoming trip. Plan on staying at one of the campgrounds close to DL.

I was wondering when a Jan thread would start! We are there Jan 27-Feb 5
and staying either HOJO or RM. Now starts the wait for disney's refurb calendar!!!!

I'm in town for a comvention the week of MLK but I'm thinking of bringing the family in for the week of the 23rd and spending a few days at DL and Southern California.

I'll be at the Marriott for the convention but would consider moving to either the DL Hotel of Paradise Pier - anyone prefer one over the other?

I'll be down for the Tink 1/2 Marathon as well... i've never done a half marathon before so I'm a bit nervous but it seems the perfect excuse to go to DL!

I will be there from the 13th - 16th with 3 girlfriends! No hotel booked. Probably the DLH or the Tropicana. Having never been in January, I am a little worried about rain ( and the return schedule) but other than that, I am excited for a mini girls vacation.

Al Lutz discussed a rumor about the winter refurbishment of both the Matterhorn and Alice in Wonderland rides. I'll post these in the refurb list when confirmed. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter