It's a Solo DISventure for DIS20! Update 9/9 **Complete**

I connect with a new friend!

As I last left you I was in line for Windtraders inside Pandora. I had one main goal for my trip inside the store. Connect with a new friend/Banshee! The Banshee I really wanted was yellow with blue/green. They had one way up high but the CM told me that banshee was a guard and could not leave the rookery. Well that sucks. I went with the reverse then. Greenish blue with a yellow accent.

I also bought the perch/stand. I kept my new friend in the box rather than carrying him around on my shoulders. It just wouldve been too much for me with also trying to take pictures and what not. Banshee is $49.99 and the perch is $14.99.

After buying my Banshee I quickly headed out. I had a very important ADR to get to!

I was very excited to be trying Tiffins this trip. I was also doing the Rivers of Light dining package with this. I would get an appetizer, entree, and dessert with that.

I checked in and sat in the waiting area of the restaurant. Here is a display case in the area. The photo at the right is a print done by Joe Rohde. I actually received a copy of this print as part of my package.

Soon enough I was seated and was greeted by a waitress in training. I think her name was Carol and she would end up doing a fantastic job.

I got the house iced tea which was some sort of passion fruit iced tea. It was quite good.

As my appetizer I ordered the bread service. It had three bread types along with three different sauces/dips. I enjoyed this a lot.

As for my entree I ordered the Waygu Strip loin and Braised Short Rib.

HOLY WOW! This was so good! I should have an after picture because I cleaned my plate. This was probably the best dish I have ever had at WDW.

For dessert I got the sorbet since it was hot out. They have four choices and you pick two. I forget which two I chose.

Overall, Tiffins is a new favorite. I will be back here for sure and I highly recommend the RoL dining package here. It is a deal for many of the dishes.

After my fantastic meal I headed out in Animal Kingdom for the first tie today.

My next stop would be one of the Tree of Life trails.

To think all of this was hand carved in concrete around an old oil rig is astounding.

Up Next: Mr. Lion where are you?

Glad to see that you enjoyed Tiffins. We will be returning for our 3rd visit and for the ROL package. I didn't know we got a print as part of the package. That will be cool. DH always gets the beef and short ribs. I hope the scallops are on the menu when we are there; scallops are my favorite. Their bread service is really good too. They have excellent pressed coffee, which might be part of the package. I know, hot coffee in a hot park, but you could ask for cold milk or ice. It's really good coffee.

Love the photos of the Tree of Life. That reminded me that I have a bunch from our July trip.

Glad to see that you enjoyed Tiffins. We will be returning for our 3rd visit and for the ROL package. I didn't know we got a print as part of the package. That will be cool. DH always gets the beef and short ribs. I hope the scallops are on the menu when we are there; scallops are my favorite. Their bread service is really good too. They have excellent pressed coffee, which might be part of the package. I know, hot coffee in a hot park, but you could ask for cold milk or ice. It's really good coffee.

Love the photos of the Tree of Life. That reminded me that I have a bunch from our July trip.

It is not always the print. It rotates between that and two other things one of which is the lotus popcorn bucket. I saw someone get the coffee but I preferred my iced tea on a hot day.

Your posts are AWESOME Ryan!!!

Thanks!

Finally catching up with this - loving the report and the photos! My fave Pandora pics are the ones of the blue creature things in the water. I love them! As I am coming up to my one (and done, sadly) trip this October, seeing the amazing detail in things like the land and the tree of life make me even more excited about it all!

It is not always the print. It rotates between that and two other things one of which is the lotus popcorn bucket.
Is it wrong/weird that i would rather have the refillable popcorn bucket :confused3

Anyways, you are the third solo ROL Tiffins review I've read this week, and now I'm seriously contemplating changing my ADRs, as it just sounds so good!

Finally catching up with this - loving the report and the photos! My fave Pandora pics are the ones of the blue creature things in the water. I love them! As I am coming up to my one (and done, sadly) trip this October, seeing the amazing detail in things like the land and the tree of life make me even more excited about it all!

Thanks! You are going to have an amazing time!

Is it wrong/weird that i would rather have the refillable popcorn bucket :confused3

Anyways, you are the third solo ROL Tiffins review I've read this week, and now I'm seriously contemplating changing my ADRs, as it just sounds so good!

I probably would've like the popcorn bucket too but you don't get a choice. I highly recommend Tiffins if you can.

Nice close up pics of the mech suit - I didn't even notice this big braided chord attached to the back

Bummer about them not having the color combination of Banshee you want - at least the hadn't completely run out of stock by that point!

I didn't realize you got a print with the dining package at tiffins - that is very cool - and your meal looks great!

Nice close up pics of the mech suit - I didn't even notice this big braided chord attached to the back

Bummer about them not having the color combination of Banshee you want - at least the hadn't completely run out of stock by that point!

I didn't realize you got a print with the dining package at tiffins - that is very cool - and your meal looks great!
Yeah I didn't notice it at first either. It's nice how the Navi made it personable.

Yeah I'm still happy with the banshee I got tho.

I didn't know about the print either until they gave it to me.

I can't wait to get back to Animal Kingfom to see all the new stuff! ADR day is fast approaching and I think you've convinced me on a ROL package at Tiffins!

The tree of life is great. You got some amazing pictures.

The banshee is cool even if not the exact color combo you wanted.

I can't wait to get back to Animal Kingfom to see all the new stuff! ADR day is fast approaching and I think you've convinced me on a ROL package at Tiffins!

The tree of life is great. You got some amazing pictures.

The banshee is cool even if not the exact color combo you wanted.
You're going to love it! Tiffins is awesome and with the RoL package it's a fixed price so it's actually a deal depending on what you order.

Hi Ryan great trip report and amazing pictures!
DD and I were there for a quick last minute trip in May that ended with Opening Day of Pandora. Between the extreme heat and lack of FP's we decided to wait till our November trip to enjoy Pandora.
We did see several people with a Banshee on their shoulders they are so cool I'm glad you got one.

HOLY WOW! This was so good! I should have an after picture because I cleaned my plate. This was probably the best dish I have ever had at WDW.

My boyfriend had that too! He said it was good but the one at Jiko was even better. He was also a little nervous to try the purple potatoes :rotfl:

I probably would've like the popcorn bucket too but you don't get a choice.

I'm not sure if it was because we were celebrating but we got both the print and the bucket on our night. I'm not sure about the print, but I did see every table around us getting the buckets too.

Hi Ryan great trip report and amazing pictures!
DD and I were there for a quick last minute trip in May that ended with Opening Day of Pandora. Between the extreme heat and lack of FP's we decided to wait till our November trip to enjoy Pandora.
We did see several people with a Banshee on their shoulders they are so cool I'm glad you got one.

Thanks! You'll enjoy Pandora when you finally get there.

My boyfriend had that too! He said it was good but the one at Jiko was even better. He was also a little nervous to try the purple potatoes :rotfl:

I'm not sure if it was because we were celebrating but we got both the print and the bucket on our night. I'm not sure about the print, but I did see every table around us getting the buckets too.

I didn't even know the potatoes were purple until I bit in!

Weird. I didn't complain. I like the print.

@rteetz - Your trip report is like Phil's - glad I checked back, because despite following and asking for e-mail updates, and then undoing/doing it again but still not getting them (sometimes have to do this on YouTube as well, although the DIS UnPlugged Podcast has not responded/sent me updates despite having done this NUMEROUS times) :(, I did not get notified you had done more, but thank goodness I checked back.

You take some fantastic pictures! Glad your got your banshee, even though not the color you actually wanted. Have you named him? How was that portion at Tifffins' - I know you said it was good, but it looks small? Way cool you got that print by Joe Rhode!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter