It's a Solo DISventure for DIS20! Update 9/9 **Complete**

That is a lovely sunrise over Lake Michigan! Glad your flight was uneventful - always nice to land a bit early ... and great you had the front seat on ME

I was wondering how people were going to get to the Boardwalk - going to DHS and taking the walking path was a smart one

The details on the Tree Of Life really are incredible - a number of areas in Animal Kingdom I could just spend hours walking around and taking in the details

Great photos of Pandora .... I love the detail like in this photo where you can see it was designed to look like a wall was built by humans years ago and now the land is taking it back over with the moss growing on it. Just cool to build something that is new, but to look like it is old and taken over by nature so the impact of time on it, etc.

Great photos Ryan. I loved Pandora too, not just the rides but the level of detail on even the little things. I'm definitely following along with your report.

That is a lovely sunrise over Lake Michigan! Glad your flight was uneventful - always nice to land a bit early ... and great you had the front seat on ME

I was wondering how people were going to get to the Boardwalk - going to DHS and taking the walking path was a smart one

The details on the Tree Of Life really are incredible - a number of areas in Animal Kingdom I could just spend hours walking around and taking in the details

Great photos of Pandora .... I love the detail like in this photo where you can see it was designed to look like a wall was built by humans years ago and now the land is taking it back over with the moss growing on it. Just cool to build something that is new, but to look like it is old and taken over by nature so the impact of time on it, etc.
It was a great travel day. Details are what makes me AK so much. The details are why Joe Rohde is one of my favorite imagineers.

Loving all of your Pandora pictures! The area looks amazing and I'm finally getting excited to see it next January. I do still need to see the movie but Mom wants to watch it too so we are going to catch it when I go visit her in July.

Loving all of your Pandora pictures! The area looks amazing and I'm finally getting excited to see it next January. I do still need to see the movie but Mom wants to watch it too so we are going to catch it when I go visit her in July.
Thanks! It is amazing. The movie is nice but not needed to enjoy this land.

Following! Your trip looks like it got off to a great start! You got some awesome pictures of Pandora. I loved everything you posted on instagram, so I'm excited to see more here!

I have to ask about the pineapple lumpia at Pongu Pongu that you tried...is it like a cream cheese or cheesecake filling or more like a puddingy consistency? I'm so intrigued by them because I love all things pineapple.

I'm trying to remember if there's a place in AK to get dole whip (I feel like there is)...gotta go google that because that may be a good snack hack to combine them. Can you tell I'm hungry right now?

Edited to say sorry for skipping ahead...I was looking at IG :)

I have to ask about the pineapple lumpia at Pongu Pongu that you tried...is it like a cream cheese or cheesecake filling or more like a puddingy consistency? I'm so intrigued by them because I love all things pineapple.

I'm trying to remember if there's a place in AK to get dole whip (I feel like there is)...gotta go google that because that may be a good snack hack to combine them. Can you tell I'm hungry right now?

Edited to say sorry for skipping ahead...I was looking at IG :)
The lumpia is interesting. It's a wonton wrap and inside is like a cream cheese type filling with chunks of pineapple. It's good but not a must get for me.

Yes there is dole whip in AK. Across from tusker house.

I don't know why but I have checked out this thread several times going through the updates and people's comments.....except I forgot to leave a comment myself :eek:

So yeah this is me joining in :wave: :D

I have really enjoyed the photos and hearing about the DISers you've run into. Looking forward to reading this trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter