It's a Solo DISventure for DIS20! Update 9/9 **Complete**

@rteetz - Your trip report is like Phil's - glad I checked back, because despite following and asking for e-mail updates, and then undoing/doing it again but still not getting them (sometimes have to do this on YouTube as well, although the DIS UnPlugged Podcast has not responded/sent me updates despite having done this NUMEROUS times) :(, I did not get notified you had done more, but thank goodness I checked back.

You take some fantastic pictures! Glad your got your banshee, even though not the color you actually wanted. Have you named him? How was that portion at Tifffins' - I know you said it was good, but it looks small? Way cool you got that print by Joe Rhode!

Yeah I don't always get updated either it's very weird.

Thanks! I have not named him and I'm not sure I will. Portions were okay not huge but not terribly small either. I felt filled at the end.

Joining in. I'm glad I found this, your trip reports are great.

Thanks for joining in!

Banshee's are soo cool!

Yes they are!

So cool that they gave you the print at Tiffins - that's a pretty awesome souvenir! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there - I've definitely heard a lot of good things about Tiffins.

I love the Tree of Life pictures! You always get such great pictures of all the animal carvings!

So cool that they gave you the print at Tiffins - that's a pretty awesome souvenir! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there - I've definitely heard a lot of good things about Tiffins.

I love the Tree of Life pictures! You always get such great pictures of all the animal carvings!
Yeah the fact you get anything is nice. It was a great meal.

Thanks!

I have no idea what I will do with it but I really want one of those Banshees. Hopefully by January they will have a lot more in stock and won't be running out of them.

Tiffins looks interesting but I doubt I will eat there with my pickiness. There's just nothing on the menu that I like. But Jim and I are going to do Tusker House lunch for the ROL package.

Love all of the Tree of Life pictures! I really need to take the time to look closer at all the animals. I've never walked the trails around the tree and need to add that to the list of things to do!

I have no idea what I will do with it but I really want one of those Banshees. Hopefully by January they will have a lot more in stock and won't be running out of them.

Tiffins looks interesting but I doubt I will eat there with my pickiness. There's just nothing on the menu that I like. But Jim and I are going to do Tusker House lunch for the ROL package.

Love all of the Tree of Life pictures! I really need to take the time to look closer at all the animals. I've never walked the trails around the tree and need to add that to the list of things to do!
I had a gift card that I used for the banshee. It isn't something I'll use often but it sits on its perch in my room now.

They have a chicken dish at Tiffins. I'm pretty picky myself but was a little more adventurous with this meal.

The trails around the tree are one of my favorite things to do in AK.

Tiffin's looks delish! I will have to make a note to get over there ASAP.

Your photos of the Tree of Life are fantastic. I love looking at all the detail the Imagineers put into it!

Tiffin's looks delish! I will have to make a note to get over there ASAP.

Your photos of the Tree of Life are fantastic. I love looking at all the detail the Imagineers put into it!
It was a fantastic meal. I highly recommend it.

Thanks! I notice new things all the time.

Mr. Lion where are you?

I left the Tree of Life trails and headed to Africa. It was almost time for my Safari FP. I bought a bottle of water while waiting at the cart near the Safari entrance.

I was seated in the middle of some people and I tried to be courteous while I was taking pictures but I think the people on my right were a bit annoyed by me.

Here comes one of my favorite shots of the entire trip!

Moving on from the hippo (my favorite animal by the way).

I love entering the savannah. The view is just awesome.

The Rhinos of course roll in mud to keep cool.

Resting Cheetahs.

Continued in the next post...

Mr. Lion where are you?

I left the Tree of Life trails and headed to Africa. It was almost time for my Safari FP. I bought a bottle of water while waiting at the cart near the Safari entrance.

I was seated in the middle of some people and I tried to be courteous while I was taking pictures but I think the people on my right were a bit annoyed by me.

Here comes one of my favorite shots of the entire trip!

Moving on from the hippo (my favorite animal by the way).

I love entering the savannah. The view is just awesome.

The Rhinos of course roll in mud to keep cool.

Resting Cheetahs.

Continued in the next post...
You got some really awesome shots!

Mr. Lion where are you?

Zebras roaming about...

Ostrich Butt anyone?

Okay sorry Photobucket has my photos out of order now. These next few aren't in order.

We got to see the baby elephant again which I got to see soon after it was first let onto the attraction in January.

So the story with the title is we passed the lion area and there were no lions anywhere. I have never been on the safari and not seen a lion. The driver said it was due to the heat that day.

Anyways after the safari I headed out and wanted to check what the wait on Dinosaur was. It was 35 minutes when I entered. I ended up waiting about 10.

Hello Mrs. Huxtable. (That's the only thing I know her from besides this ride).

Where did Everest go? ;)

The Rivers of Light floats were out.

Up Next: Back to Pandora I go!

Wow - you really take some fantastic pics, Ryan!!

FYI - Mrs. Huxtable is now Mrs. DuBois on the show Empire. And the difference in the 2 characters is a HUGE 180 - she is one MEAN villain lady!!! :)

Wow - you really take some fantastic pics, Ryan!!

FYI - Mrs. Huxtable is now Mrs. DuBois on the show Empire. And the difference in the 2 characters is a HUGE 180 - she is one MEAN villain lady!!! :)
Thanks!

I never got into Empire. I can't picture her as a villain after always seeing her on the Cosby show.

I will echo the other's statements that your photographic skills are excellent!!
I LOVE the hippo shots, they are amazing!!
I yet to see that many animals, especially bieng active, on any of my safari rides!

Wow, your hippo shots are awesome! (All of your safari pictures are great, but I think the hippo pictures are my favorite :))

I will echo the other's statements that your photographic skills are excellent!!
I LOVE the hippo shots, they are amazing!!
I yet to see that many animals, especially bieng active, on any of my safari rides!

Thanks! You really have to be at the right place at the right time for activity.

Wow, your hippo shots are awesome! (All of your safari pictures are great, but I think the hippo pictures are my favorite :))

Thanks! We got really lucky with the hippo doing that.

One time we were on the safari and the lady next to Josh just looked like she really didn't want to be there, and she just kept spritzing herself with a misting fan the whole time and the mist kept spraying back on me and my camera :rotfl: So at least you weren't doing that.

Hello Mrs. Huxtable. (That's the only thing I know her from besides this ride).

:laughing: I quoted this part to mention Empire too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts