It's a New TCD Trip Report- June 2010 at the Fort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky is so cute. My Brother has a boxer, her name is Princess and she is the greatest dog. ( He did not name her) I am loving the pictures and especially the real men of genius award finalists:rotfl2: I will definetly have to show them to my DH:thumbsup2.

It already is how else do you think Disney came up with the movie name Camp Rock & now Camp Rock 2. So you know what that means there is a second rock at the Fort that TCD must find.

:rotfl2: That's funny! Wish I'd thought of it first. I'll be at the Fort next month, so maybe I'll be the lucky one to find Camp Rock 2. Hopefully TCD won't beat me back to the Fort. ;)

Loving the TR and Rocky. popcorn::

I agree with Denise! Just in case I forgot to say it before now....Rocky is adorable!...and so is your DD. I love her Chow impression to include the blue tongue, quite the little actress that one is! :goodvibes (I had a German Shepherd named Rocky many years ago. He was a great dog!)

I am just OK.

But I do concur that my rock rocks.

Your rock rocks, but you rock more. Awesome TR, as always!

FW610324.jpg

Best picture ever.

Gotta love the MH in 2000 loop. Are you sure it was the 2000 loop? I'll explain why this could have been a mirage and not real.

For those of you who don't know me, I have a 32' diesel MH. For a 2-3 night trip, we can get by without sewer, as we have dumping ability at home. So...the sites are big enough for our MH, they have 50amp power, and they are certainly a lot cheaper. They meet our needs completely.

In October there were 3-4 Class C MH's on 2000 & IIRC 2 Class A's. So I think to myself, "Self, have they started allowing MH's on 2000 if they don't require sewer hookup?" Being the law abiding Fort citizen that I am, I hop in my trust GEM and head up to the front desk to inquire of a manager. The CM at the front desk goes to get a manager and out comes Asian Jason!! I tell Asian Jason about the MH's I see on the 2000 loop and ask if it's now possible for a MH to stay on that loop if they don't need sewer? Here's somewhat of a paraphrase of his reply:

"The 1500 & 2000 loops are reserved for tent and small trailers. We don't allow large trailers or motor homes in those loops because the sites cannot accommodate them." So, I ask him if he'd like to take a ride with me to the 2000 loop so he can see the 6 or so MH's that can't be accommodated....being accommodated? He actually had the hutzpah to ask me if I was certain I saw these on the 2000 loop & not one of the other loops? What??? WHAT??? This question caused me to really exercise my tongue holding ability - which anyone who knows me, knows that is next to impossible! I stopped, took a deep breath, and asked Asian Jason if he knew how old the Fort was. He cocked his head at me (kind of like Rocky did in one of his pictures) and said the Fort opened in 1971 which would make it 38 years old. (I saw him doing the calculations in his head). I then asked him how old he was. To which he asked why would I need to know that? I looked at him over the top of my glasses to emphasize just how OLD I am, and said, "Jason, my husband and I have been coming to the Fort since probably 10 years before you were born. I more than likely know geography of this place far better than you do. If I tell you I saw MH's on the 2000 loop, then there are MH's on the 2000 loop! If you don't believe me, then I will take you directly to the sites on which they are set up."

Well, he hemmed and hawed, and was trying to think fast on his feet. He finally concluded that there must have been a mistake made by Central Reservations. But he can't think faster than me!! So I said - if that's the case, why didn't your people at check in catch the fact that the person checking in was driving a MOTOR HOME? We bantered a little more, and he finally concluded that if I made a ressie for a partial hook-up site and drove up in a MH, I might not be accommodated!!

One of these days, I might get the courage up to book a partial, lie about what kind of rig I have, and save $30+ a night. It would be very easy to do.

I'm in! I'm late, but I'm in.:flower3:

Great photos.....I'm mostly a lurker on this board and I always love a good TCD TR!

Looking forward to more.....:surfweb:

Is that area available to rent? It doesn't look like THESE people are renting it, but LP and I saw another group in it when we were there the day before you arrived. They had a banner with the "Make a Wish" Logo on it. We assumed you could rent it assumed that's what the Make a Wish people did. We even thought it would be nice to rent when we bring our colossal family down there (right now we are 10 people... and no one has kids yet! :scared1:)
If you can't rent it, is there something similar at the Fort that you can? We are loud in the day and louder at night, so I always try to find a place where we can hoot and holler without bothering others...
But these people don't appear to have rented the space. Otherwise, why show up so early??

I think that renting the shelter must be available. When we were there in May for DW Triathlon that shelter was occupied all day and well into the night with what looked like a birthday party of some sort. And the folks that had it did not look like they were camping at the fort.

Oh but Great report as always! I really owe you a dinner if we are ever at the Fort at the same time! Giddy up and Go's all around!!

Gotta love the MH in 2000 loop. Are you sure it was the 2000 loop? I'll explain why this could have been a mirage and not real.

For those of you who don't know me, I have a 32' diesel MH. For a 2-3 night trip, we can get by without sewer, as we have dumping ability at home. So...the sites are big enough for our MH, they have 50amp power, and they are certainly a lot cheaper. They meet our needs completely.

In October there were 3-4 Class C MH's on 2000 & IIRC 2 Class A's. So I think to myself, "Self, have they started allowing MH's on 2000 if they don't require sewer hookup?" Being the law abiding Fort citizen that I am, I hop in my trust GEM and head up to the front desk to inquire of a manager. The CM at the front desk goes to get a manager and out comes Asian Jason!! I tell Asian Jason about the MH's I see on the 2000 loop and ask if it's now possible for a MH to stay on that loop if they don't need sewer? Here's somewhat of a paraphrase of his reply:

"The 1500 & 2000 loops are reserved for tent and small trailers. We don't allow large trailers or motor homes in those loops because the sites cannot accommodate them." So, I ask him if he'd like to take a ride with me to the 2000 loop so he can see the 6 or so MH's that can't be accommodated....being accommodated? He actually had the hutzpah to ask me if I was certain I saw these on the 2000 loop & not one of the other loops? What??? WHAT??? This question caused me to really exercise my tongue holding ability - which anyone who knows me, knows that is next to impossible! I stopped, took a deep breath, and asked Asian Jason if he knew how old the Fort was. He cocked his head at me (kind of like Rocky did in one of his pictures) and said the Fort opened in 1971 which would make it 38 years old. (I saw him doing the calculations in his head). I then asked him how old he was. To which he asked why would I need to know that? I looked at him over the top of my glasses to emphasize just how OLD I am, and said, "Jason, my husband and I have been coming to the Fort since probably 10 years before you were born. I more than likely know geography of this place far better than you do. If I tell you I saw MH's on the 2000 loop, then there are MH's on the 2000 loop! If you don't believe me, then I will take you directly to the sites on which they are set up."

Well, he hemmed and hawed, and was trying to think fast on his feet. He finally concluded that there must have been a mistake made by Central Reservations. But he can't think faster than me!! So I said - if that's the case, why didn't your people at check in catch the fact that the person checking in was driving a MOTOR HOME? We bantered a little more, and he finally concluded that if I made a ressie for a partial hook-up site and drove up in a MH, I might not be accommodated!!

One of these days, I might get the courage up to book a partial, lie about what kind of rig I have, and save $30+ a night. It would be very easy to do.

:laughing::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: Looks like we have the same tongue holding ability! In fact, reading your post, a lot of things sounded like me! Poor Asian Jason....he never even stood a chance! :laughing:

Just a thought...if you make a ressie for a partial hook up, then go inside to check in, they won't see your MH until after you've set up. ;) Sometimes we fudge on our TT length and awning size a bit so they won't try to cram us into a site that's too small. They've done it before, but no more!

Very easy to do. Book, go inside to check in, then pull your MH into the site when it's ready. You are in a partial hookup. I would bet with some of the kids working the checkin lanes, you could go right through the checkin lanes with your MH and not a word would be said.

With some of those CM's at check in I am sure you could play Jedi mind tricks on them.

"This isn't the motorhome you are looking for."

"This is simply an oversized popup."

With some of those CM's at check in I am sure you could play Jedi mind tricks on them.

:rotfl2: Smart one you are young Jedi. :yoda: A disturbance in the Force, I hope there is not!

:lmao:...OMG that was ::snortlaugh:: worthy.....Glad I'm done with my coffee or I'd have a heck of a mess on my laptop right now!!:rotfl2:

:lmao:
Just put the toad or would that be pushed in front. :thumbsup2

TCD,
i absolutely LOVE ROCKY! what a face! i love boxers to death, they are the sweetest pups ever. those are classic pictures, all of them! can't wait to hear about all his fort trips!! loving this report!

Very easy to do. Book, go inside to check in, then pull your MH into the site when it's ready. You are in a partial hookup. I would bet with some of the kids working the checkin lanes, you could go right through the checkin lanes with your MH and not a word would be said.

Yep! That would be the plan and extremely easy for me to execute. I could drive my car over early in the day, check in, go home, pack, and come back later in the motor home. I'd have all the necessary passes to just breeze through security, and wouldn't even need to go thru the check-in lane.

I wonder if a loop attendant would "report" you and make you move? I doubt it.

We always have issues getting ressies in February ( annual anniversary trip) but there is always partial hook ups. Makes ya want to try it if they are letting other people do it:rolleyes1 my luck they would notice and kick me out:rotfl2: just sayin

great tr. i think it took 2 hours to read through. lol i feel the same way about the no mh's in certain sites. now, if they were REAL tent sites (not level, etc) i could understand. but, if we are willing to take our grey/black water home with us, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter